Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Oct 2015)

• 192 Replies
Re: Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Oct 2015)
« Reply #175 on: Dec 17, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Hi! I was wondering where you got your vest for your armor mounting? I'm personally having trouble getting the vest issues worked out, adn I was thinking about alternatives :P

Calder Varad

• AKA "Sunnyside"
« Reply #176 on: Dec 18, 2015, 01:32 AM »
Because she is magic. Some kind of artistic wizard, a weaveromancer if you will.

Take my love take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand,
I don't care I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me

M.A. #93
New Death Watch Order #10

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #178 on: Jan 14, 2016, 10:45 PM »
Amazing kit! You said the vest is... "Vest by Shak-ti 4 Him" but I can't seem to find a "Shak-ti 4 him". Could you point me in the right direction? I like its style.

« Reply #179 on: Jan 17, 2016, 12:02 AM »
Love the ribbed flight suit sleeves. I kinda want to do something like that on mine. And hand hammered metal armor.... One day maybe. (Jealous)

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #180 on: Jan 18, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Amazing kit! You said the vest is... "Vest by Shak-ti 4 Him" but I can't seem to find a "Shak-ti 4 him". Could you point me in the right direction? I like its style.

It's doubtful she can be found on the forums anymore, as that was several years ago, and I can't give out her personal contact info (she's very private). I have done modifications to the vest since receiving it from her (the side straps/closure method and cap sleeves were my doing), and she originally created it from my design sketches, so the style was my doing. She just helped me out with the making of it back when I was not as proficient of a patternmaker as I am now! :laugh:

~
« Reply #181 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:46 AM »
It's doubtful she can be found on the forums anymore, as that was several years ago, and I can't give out her personal contact info (she's very private). I have done modifications to the vest since receiving it from her (the side straps/closure method and cap sleeves were my doing), and she originally created it from my design sketches, so the style was my doing. She just helped me out with the making of it back when I was not as proficient of a patternmaker as I am now! :laugh:

Oh, I didn't know it was that custom. I guess your armor will always be quite unique then.

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #182 on: Mar 07, 2016, 12:04 PM »
Very Nice!

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #183 on: Apr 17, 2016, 10:13 AM »
this Kit is awsome. its a really feminine kit. this is what my girlfriend is looking for :D did you made the breastplates you're self? still looking for a way to make this kind of plates for my girl :)

Keep up the good work :D   

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #184 on: Apr 19, 2016, 02:02 PM »
this Kit is awsome. its a really feminine kit. this is what my girlfriend is looking for :D did you made the breastplates you're self? still looking for a way to make this kind of plates for my girl :)

Keep up the good work :D

Yep, they're 18 gauge hammered aluminum. You can find my build thread here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19125.345

~

sylverkestrel

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din."
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #185 on: Apr 21, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Yep, they're 18 gauge hammered aluminum. You can find my build thread here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19125.345

I'm a newbie working on my very first kit.  We are working with Sintra, and I'm okay with not having a super feminine kit for my initial build. 
Is aluminum better to work with when crafting and shaping the armor, especially the curved and cupped areas on a female breast plate?

Definitely going to check out your build thread.

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #186 on: Apr 25, 2016, 09:34 PM »
I'm a newbie working on my very first kit.  We are working with Sintra, and I'm okay with not having a super feminine kit for my initial build. 
Is aluminum better to work with when crafting and shaping the armor, especially the curved and cupped areas on a female breast plate?

Definitely going to check out your build thread.

I'm of the mind that with the right amount of practice and patience, you can achieve any shape with any material. I personally prefer metal because it is a slow and deliberate process that can turn out really beautiful curves, and I find plastic to be finicky and more difficult to do the ergonomic stuff, but I also wouldn't recommend metal as a starting point, unless you're willing to invest several months and $ in practicing. It isn't a quick skill to pick up.

~

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
Re: Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Jan 2018)
« Reply #187 on: Jan 30, 2018, 10:28 PM »
So, Photobucket is dead. That sure did a number on this forum. This is me trying to start the tedious process of rebuilding my build threads! :D

Here's a few photos of my Ivven Oyre kit. I first debuted Version 1 of this kit back in 2010, and Version 2, which is still pretty true to what it looks like these days, came along back in 2011. She was inspired by a few things. 1) Can I make a kit with pink in it that doesn't read like a "pink kit"? 2) I wanted the colors to come from the OT trilogy palette, namely, black and white for stormtroopers, and khaki/tans for Luke/Tatooine, and 3) I wanted her to look like a gunslinger and for her profession to be a high risk smuggler.

HELMET: MDS-B (size medium)
ARMOR: 18 gauge aluminum. Drafted, dished, and planished by me.
GAUNTLETS: Cups and Sintra.
FLIGHTSUIT: 96% cotton 4% spandex twill. Designed, patterned, and sewn by me.
VEST: Sewn by Shak-ti 4 Him, modified by me.
GEARBELT/HOLSTERS: By lonewolf1183.
EE-1 BLASTER: By Jare Hasan.
Q2 BLASTERS: Toys, modifed by me.

~

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #188 on: Jan 30, 2018, 10:43 PM »
See above post for the "standard" loadout of my kit.

I've been referring to the below version by a couple names; "Western Ivven,"   "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Ivven,"   "Ivven Goes to Tatooine..."

I've lately been working on an idea I've had for a couple years; the concept of "modular" upgrades, or pieces of the kit I can wear some times, but not other times (ala Sabine) and not permanently change my kit. I've always liked my armor being a light set, but I wanted to experiment with some other layouts. I figure Mandalorians have different sets and plates for different occasions, so here's a Dune Sea look.

Pieces I added include: thigh plates, leather strapping to support the thigh plates, shin plates, spats to support the shin plates, and a poncho. I need to rearrange the placement a bit, but I can't get over these on-location photos. :o Went to Vegas this past week and got photos in the sand dunes outside the city.

~

SillySpook

• Beware what comes outta the Black Bayou.
« Reply #189 on: Jan 31, 2018, 11:48 AM »
Love your Western Ivven look! Very cool!

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. ~ Oscar Wilde

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #190 on: Feb 02, 2018, 01:16 PM »
That pancho looks great!

Athorr Cadera

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #191 on: Feb 02, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Still one of my favorite all-time kits - stellar work!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #192 on: Feb 12, 2018, 03:41 PM »
Really liking the "Western" mods.  :D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!