Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Oct 2015)

• 192 Replies

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Ivven Oyre, femmando (preview)
« Reply #25 on: Aug 02, 2010, 11:32 AM »
A great set, and suits you really fine.
Like the idea you had for the legs. Gives the whole set a heavier look without restricting your movements too much.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #26 on: Aug 02, 2010, 11:35 AM »
Great work. I like the simplicity and clean lines of this kit. You did a great job in the making of all of it and good job by those that built pieces that you acquired for it.

You've put together a geat kit and I agree with the suggestions made above about adding in a darker color vest whether black or some kind of dark accenting color to go along with your overall color scheme.

Yes, we are all our own worst critics and it is nice to hear some feedback from others.

Again, great work and can't wait to see more pics.

Keep up the great work.

Ajax Kaal
Member #414
Forward, always forward!

Shak-ti 4 Him

• Dessert is NOT a treat... It's a necesscity!!
« Reply #27 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:04 PM »
YAY!!! I love this kit!! You look AMAZING... ;D And it is true that we are our own worst critique because to me it looks perfect!

i wish i could see it in person... LOL!

But as far as the vest goes, i personally think that it really ties in the color of the armor plates with the rest of kit, but i do agree that if you want them to really pop then either darkening that vest with like a fabric paint (just getting it into the 'grain' of the leather and making it look darker and dirty) or just replacing it... (which if you ever need help with that again just let me know... but whatev... lol  ;) ;D)

Anyway, again, great job and i look forward to seeing more pics!

"The difference between people who do things and people who DO things is that the people who DO things do things..."

Try and figure that one out...
« Reply #28 on: Aug 02, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Awesome kit. It looks great as it is.  Changing your vest is your option.
.'ggram is its own personalitly. Its the 'flaws' that give it life. ehh if that makes any sense.:-D

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #29 on: Aug 02, 2010, 03:14 PM »
I feel it lacks the "walked off the set" look.  It looks very well made but aside from the helmet and shape of the armor plates, it doesn't say "Mando" to me.

If you're talking "walked off the set," I think that's where it excels. It's very "Movie Mando" to me, and that's the thing that I like about it. I think if Hollywood were going to make a Mando movie for the masses, this is totally what the female lead(s) would look like. Kudos, Vhe!   ;D

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #30 on: Aug 02, 2010, 03:20 PM »
I feel it lacks the "walked off the set" look.  It looks very well made but aside from the helmet and shape of the armor plates, it doesn't say "Mando" to me.

I think you're describing ever third person in this club lol

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #31 on: Aug 02, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Good looking set, love the color choices and the "chaps" Only suggestion I could come up with is maybe add something bright colored to the thighs, not anything big, just a little something to break up the black a bit.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor

Xorim Kor

• the Mando formerly known as "charlie"
« Reply #32 on: Aug 02, 2010, 04:36 PM »

Clean and simple lines, easily recognizable helmet, customized armor plates that retain the feel of Boba's. Leather ammo belt, decent blaster, good integration into a body suit.

You're right Kantis, it doesn't say "mando"; it frakkin SCREAMS MANDO when I see it.

Charlie

GOOMH! TO THE MAR!

« Reply #33 on: Aug 02, 2010, 10:56 PM »
It screams "o
m a Mando!!" to me.   

Considering each one is custom made per the wearer's personality.  THis suit 'suits' its wearer, and looks awesome.

« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2010, 01:13 AM »
Looking totally bad shebs!  Great armour!

Yes, I have a lightsaber.  Yes, I have Force Powers.  Got a problem with that?  Too bad.

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #35 on: Aug 03, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Love seeing all of this together!  I've been flipping back and forth between these pictures and your concept art, and I think you captured your vision spot on!  The shots of your back look amazing; you have just enough going on aesthetically to look interesting but not so much that it looks too busy.  All in all your lines are very clean.  And I LOVE the blaster.   

I don't think you'll need anything on the thighs once you find some knees you like, but that's my personal opinion.  And I can't remember; what material is your vest made of?  Would it be possible to try to "stain" it so that you have a black or brown color but still have some white highlights?  I normally don't like the idea of black and brown together, but when you upgrade a deep brown vest might look amazing. 

And, as always, the armor looks stunning.  Your mad skillz are making me ashamed of my lack of progress this summer.  :-[  Well done!   ;D   

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Dar'manda

« Reply #36 on: Aug 03, 2010, 01:34 AM »
Yeah, ok. I'm sorry I had my opinion.

you're forgiven
and now
we dance!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Malus Cerar

• Cerar Clan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: Aug 03, 2010, 02:11 AM »
I have to agree with Kantis and I am going to be brutally honest, this is my opinion and they are not mandates. First of all, the piece looks very good for metal armor and  many areas that I can see must have had some difficulty so congrats on that aspect.
Now here are just a few of the areas where I can see Kantis's point of view:
-Lack of knees
-I think some elbows wouldn't hurt
-The pauldrons look too rigidly placed, loosen them up a bit and help them rest more on your shoulder
-The drastic changes in color. It goes from light to black then back to light to black then back to white, it's very mesmerizing and it's hard to focus on the detail.
-From the back, it looks a little plain. Maybe add a kama or a cape of some sort.
-Bulk up your gauntlets a little more. Girls with big gauntlets that could rip stuff in half are hot.

Madre Di Dios, Es El Pollo Diablo!!!

Dar'manda

« Reply #38 on: Aug 03, 2010, 02:43 AM »
kneepads is important for groin kickin

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #39 on: Aug 03, 2010, 09:04 AM »
Yeah, ok. I'm sorry I had my opinion.

I don't mind your opinion, it's just that, "It doesn't look Mando," is pretty much the most unconstructive criticism one can give in this club. :P

But, if the kit isn't your personal cup of tea, just avoid standing next to me when the cameras are around.  :D

~

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #40 on: Aug 03, 2010, 09:34 AM »
I'm usually very critical of kits, especially female kits. This one however I find myself really liking. Great job! Love the kit. You can come troop with us any time.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.
« Reply #41 on: Aug 03, 2010, 01:20 PM »
The only problem I see with this kit is that I thought the Mandos weren't supposed to distract from the Slave Leias at CV, and with her wearing this armor, I think there will be a LOT of distraction going on!  Great job, hope mine turns out half as nice as this one!

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #42 on: Aug 03, 2010, 01:40 PM »
kneepads is important for groin kickin
My Broski said he didn't want a cod piece on his armor so I told him I'd make him regret it.
But back on topic, nice kit. I'm loving the colors especially.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Ivven Oyre, femmando
« Reply #43 on: Aug 04, 2010, 07:26 PM »
I updated the first post with these shots that Riv so kindly took for me.

~

Xorim Kor

• the Mando formerly known as "charlie"
« Reply #44 on: Aug 04, 2010, 08:21 PM »
It was great having you at the photoshoot. Pics don't do the costume justice; it's great. I'm in love with that ammo belt!

Charlie

GOOMH! TO THE MAR!

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
« Reply #45 on: Aug 04, 2010, 08:34 PM »
The new pics, just continue to show the greatness of a clean build, and again, you did a fantastic job.

Very cool!

One of these days, when I have money and time, I'm going to have to schedule a trip where I travel around to a few different areas and conduct some photo shoots of the kickin' kits that are out there. Love the look of this and would have so much fun doing a shoot with ya.

Keep up the great work.

Ajax Kaal
Member #414
Forward, always forward!

Siv Brailor

• Atin'la Cabur
« Reply #46 on: Aug 05, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Great armor! I like the pistol. ;D ;D

Recon,Computer slicing,Sniping,of course.My rates are reasonable...........

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #47 on: Aug 05, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Still think this is one of the best female kits I've seen in a while. I did notice in the last set of pictures that the belly plate seems like its riding a bit low. If it is you may need to add something "girthy" to fill in the space between the bottom of it and your waist/hips.

Still, absolutely awesome!

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #48 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:46 PM »
That is a straight bad shebs sexy fem-mando you got going on there. Nice work!

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #49 on: Aug 22, 2010, 03:54 PM »
A couple images from CV. I still plan to attach the knee plates at some point, when I'm not so burnt out on costuming.

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2010, 05:31 PM by Vhe'dn Oyre » Logged
~

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!