Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Oct 2015)

• 192 Replies

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Ivven Oyre, femmando
« Reply #50 on: Aug 22, 2010, 04:01 PM »
This kit looks even better in person, though, yeah, it could use a little more leg armor ;).  I'd say take a couple weeks off of costuming to chill, but we all know you probably won't make it that long before you start fiddling with something or another :P.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Dragon Sunkiller

• Always remember.... that way you never forget!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #51 on: Aug 22, 2010, 04:08 PM »
That. Is. Amazing! Definitely one of the best Femmandos I've seen!

M.A.J.I.C. #057
OM# 371

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #52 on: Aug 22, 2010, 04:31 PM »
A couple images from CV. I still plan to attach the knee plates at some point, when I'm not so burnt out on costuming.

May I ask where you got that blaster? I need 2  8)

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #53 on: Aug 22, 2010, 04:35 PM »
May I ask where you got that blaster? I need 2  8)

It's a kit-bash by Jare Hasan; he didn't build another that looked like mine, to my knowledge. I'm not sure that he's offering these anymore.

~

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #54 on: Aug 22, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Thanks  ;)

kalika

« Reply #55 on: Aug 22, 2010, 07:28 PM »
it still looks amazing... I can't help but feel it'd look even better with a pair of knee and thigh plates.

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #56 on: Aug 22, 2010, 07:28 PM »
Loove seeing this in person! :3 amazing!

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #57 on: Aug 22, 2010, 09:30 PM »
it still looks amazing... I can't help but feel it'd look even better with a pair of knee and thigh plates.

As I've said, knees I'll be adding. But, I have no intention to ever add thigh plates to this particular kit.

~

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #58 on: Aug 22, 2010, 10:02 PM »
I think people just get distracted by the pretty-pretty pictures Vhe. Remember the 'have you thought of adding a kama?' debacle during the last incarnation of Vhe'dn? :P

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #59 on: Aug 22, 2010, 10:38 PM »
I think people just get distracted by the pretty-pretty pictures Vhe. Remember the 'have you thought of adding a kama?' debacle during the last incarnation of Vhe'dn? :P

How could I forget? It drove me so nuts I put the costume in its grave. :P

~

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #60 on: Aug 22, 2010, 11:09 PM »
You know it's funny, for the longest time Jare kept telling me about this amazing female kit, and I kept telling him about one...turns out in both cases it was you. And no, he isn't building anymore of those blasters. There are other things coming out of his workshop soon though.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

jabger

• my flag!
« Reply #61 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:42 AM »
wow awesome suit! you defiantly know what you're doing. and the colors work really great, it didn't come out looking like a pink mando at all.

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #62 on: Aug 24, 2010, 04:05 AM »
And what, pray tell would be wrong with that?

I've said it before and I will say it again: These are FEMmandos, girls, women, etc who wear the 'gam same as guys. Just because they are warriors doesn't mean they can't be girly. The point is to make a kit that shows off the FEMmando aspect so that the ladies here aren't stuck with making their costumes to look like they're dudes with boobs. LOL  :rolleyes:

Trin Aravis

• Curb stomp the universe
« Reply #63 on: Aug 24, 2010, 07:28 AM »
The point is to make a kit that shows off the FEMmando aspect so that the ladies here aren't stuck with making their costumes to look like they're dudes with boobs. LOL  :rolleyes:

That might be the point for some ladies, not all, mind.  There are those on the boards who like surprising people when they take off their helmets, there are those who want obvious femininity, and there are still others who populate the area between the extremes.  No one is "stuck" making anything they don't like!  (otherwise they wouldn't)

Me, I'm more of a grey-area gal, myself.  Finding a happy medium and the like.   :)

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #64 on: Aug 24, 2010, 09:00 AM »
That might be the point for some ladies, not all, mind.  There are those on the boards who like surprising people when they take off their helmets, there are those who want obvious femininity, and there are still others who populate the area between the extremes.  No one is "stuck" making anything they don't like!  (otherwise they wouldn't)

Me, I'm more of a grey-area gal, myself.  Finding a happy medium and the like.   :)

With how small I am, not accentuating my "featues" while in costume would make me look like the shortest, scrawniest young boy in armor you ever saw, lol. :P

~

Monco

• Firaxan Grunt
« Reply #65 on: Aug 24, 2010, 02:36 PM »
Dang, I can't believe I missed this! Vhe, your kit is AMAZING.

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #66 on: Aug 24, 2010, 02:39 PM »
I think its awesome!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #67 on: Aug 24, 2010, 06:20 PM »
With how small I am, not accentuating my "featues" while in costume would make me look like the shortest, scrawniest young boy in armor you ever saw, lol. :P
^ This. LOL

« Reply #68 on: Aug 24, 2010, 09:33 PM »
You look incredible.  Great job on the armour.  It's amazing.

Yes, I have a lightsaber.  Yes, I have Force Powers.  Got a problem with that?  Too bad.

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #69 on: Aug 26, 2010, 05:35 PM »
A couple more.

~
« Reply #70 on: Sep 03, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Green visor?

Yes, I have a lightsaber.  Yes, I have Force Powers.  Got a problem with that?  Too bad.

Soren Diederik

• OM #0374
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #71 on: Sep 03, 2010, 10:40 PM »
Green visor?

Its a welding visor. They are darker so its harder for people to see your face. Frost and I both use welding visors in our kits as well. I works out pretty good I'd guess.

Great work Ivven! You make good stuff and always wear it better.

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #72 on: Sep 04, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Dark green welding visors are actually one of the three standard models for mando visors. Essentially people use self-tinted saftey shields, dark green welding visors, and then t-visor.com acetate t-visors.

Udesla Kyramud

• "Eloquence belongs to the Conqueror"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #73 on: Sep 04, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Did you attach the cod piece to the belt?  I really love it and it's definitely femmando.  Great job  ;D

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #74 on: Sep 05, 2010, 12:41 PM »
Did you attach the cod piece to the belt?  I really love it and it's definitely femmando.  Great job  ;D

Nope, it's connected to the pants by way of snaps.

~

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!