Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Oct 2015)

• 192 Replies

Jun Garros Fett

Re: Ivven Oyre, femmando
« Reply #75 on: Sep 05, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Well done Vhe!  Well done!   :)

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
« Reply #76 on: Sep 05, 2010, 06:09 PM »
Nope, it's connected to the pants by way of snaps.
That's a good idea, sole belt attachment  has it's flaws... (falls with the belt)

Udesla Kyramud

• "Eloquence belongs to the Conqueror"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #77 on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Nope, it's connected to the pants by way of snaps.

Nice, I didn't even think of that. I'm definitely liking that idea.  :D

locokarma

• Look sir, Ewoks!
« Reply #78 on: Sep 12, 2010, 07:54 PM »
I am seriously kicking myself over here for missing this at CV.
But... nicely done by the way.

TB-9612
Arkansas Squad
Star Garrison
Galactic Academy staff
Pathfinders lead the way!

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #79 on: Sep 16, 2010, 11:12 PM »
Have to say it again, this is one of the best femmando kits ever!

Absolutely love it!

Keep it up.

Ajax Kaal
Member #414
Forward, always forward!
« Reply #80 on: Sep 20, 2010, 12:14 AM »
very well done, color scheme is great

A warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he's clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything.

Gar Skirata

• " Life is Light, When Compared, to Honor"
« Reply #81 on: Oct 02, 2010, 01:00 AM »
(falls over on the floor form a heart attack)

just perfect  :)

WE CHEAT DEATH FROM HIS RIGHTFUL VICTORY
NO ONE CAN DEFEAT US
WE GLADLY PLUNGE
FEET FIRST IN TO HELL
WITH THE KNOWLEDGE...
THAT WE WILL RISE!

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #82 on: Oct 02, 2010, 01:27 AM »
Awesome, your metal-working skills just astound me.  Excellent kit!

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Ivven Oyre v.2, femmando (Update 6/2011)
« Reply #83 on: Jun 17, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Debuting Ivven v2, with all her many upgrades. Have to say, this is the first time I’ve ever personally liked my own kit, so I’m quite happy with it. I added knees finally and replaced various armor pieces (the helmet included). I’ve replaced most of the soft parts, including the vest, flightsuit (which I heavily modified from purchase), and boots, hoping to give the kit a more natural look while still keeping with the design schedule of the previous one. Real leather gear belt by lonewolf1183. Vest by Shak-ti 4 Him, modified slightly by myself. Blaster by Jare Hasan. Helmet base by M-DSB.

This suit is made of metal (18 gauge aluminum), hand-hammered and shaped by myself. Gauntlets are currently plastic, though I plan to upgrade to a metal and plastic hybrid.

Upgrades still left to do, hopefully before Dragon*Con:
-get a second blaster (possibly)
-obtain/make holsters
-add collar space to the vest and add a collar plate (ran out of time)
-get new gloves (possibly)
-the new gauntlets are currently made of plastic, but my goal is to upgrade them to a metal/plastic hybrid

These photos are from Animazement, ConCarolinas, and HeroesCon, where v2 was debuted over a two week period. ‘Zeherfoto’ pictures are by Riv.

Larger photo: http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre%20v2/5773063181_c05f30a80c_b-1.jpg

Pictured with S'Do

Larger photo: http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre%20v2/5773616146_c724d09cd6_b-1.jpg

Pictured with Riv and Frost

Larger photo: http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre%20v2/5807161458_1e79c15885_b-1.jpg

"Tanning" with the lovely Maanji.

Larger photo: http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre%20v2/5806373643_7aec40e15b_b-1.jpg

Hoping to possibly do a more legitimate photoshoot of the costume once the aforementioned upgrades are finished.

Also reposted this to the first post to reflect the new kit.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2011, 11:36 AM by Vhe Oyre » Logged
~

jabger

• my flag!
« Reply #84 on: Jun 17, 2011, 12:06 PM »
wow this is really an amassing kit you have. it's one of the ones that makes us who are unfinished go into a corner and cry while eating ice cream  ;D good job.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #85 on: Jun 17, 2011, 12:08 PM »
you know. i think a kama would set your kit off nicely  ;) .  nice work Vhe  ;)

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #86 on: Jun 17, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Well done :). The thighs and shins are a little bare for my tastes, but once you add on a holster or two, the thighs will be taken care of.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #87 on: Jun 17, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Well done :). The thighs and shins are a little bare for my tastes, but once you add on a holster or two, the thighs will be taken care of.

Never thought I'd go for a light kit, but I'm really liking the drudgey Boba look. So, no current plans to add other leg plates.

~

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #88 on: Jun 17, 2011, 01:04 PM »
This version is great! Very well done! :)

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #89 on: Jun 17, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Never thought I'd go for a light kit, but I'm really liking the drudgey Boba look. So, no current plans to add other leg plates.
I've come to appreciate light kits for comfort's sake. I was actually in the process of converting my Slade armor to light before deciding to semi-retire it and start the two newer sets.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #90 on: Jun 17, 2011, 08:55 PM »
Well, I reckon this is a great costume.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #91 on: Jun 26, 2011, 01:40 AM »
This is such an awesome kit! You look just like an action figure and I especially loved the 'tanning' photo. :)

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #92 on: Jun 26, 2011, 05:11 AM »
Wait....
No collar plate?

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #93 on: Jun 26, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Wait....
No collar plate?

TL;DR?

Upgrades still left to do, hopefully before Dragon*Con:
-get a second blaster (possibly)
-obtain/make holsters
-add collar space to the vest and add a collar plate (ran out of time)
-get new gloves (possibly)
-the new gauntlets are currently made of plastic, but my goal is to upgrade them to a metal/plastic hybrid

« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2011, 10:01 AM by Vhe Oyre » Logged
~

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #94 on: Jun 26, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Oh....
Forget I said anything.

But what means TL;DR?

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #95 on: Jun 26, 2011, 10:13 AM »
TL;DR "Too lazy; didn't read." It's a popular forum preface people use to indicate they didn't read the thread, but will be commenting on the original post anyways.

~

Manji

• OM #429 & Mr. Bulloch
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #96 on: Jun 28, 2011, 09:44 PM »
TL;DR "Too lazy; didn't read." It's a popular forum preface people use to indicate they didn't read the thread, but will be commenting on the original post anyways.

:D :D :D

This was a very nice kit to see in person. My one suggestion would be to perhaps add a rope girth belt or some velcro to hold up the leather belt because it was slouching a bit, in turn exposing the top of the cod piece. Not a huge deal but would add more "polish" I suppose. No kit is perfect, I have a few fitting issues of my own that need correcting. ^^;

Talon Clan Expat | Taakure Clan Transplant

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
« Reply #97 on: Jun 28, 2011, 09:59 PM »
This was a very nice kit to see in person. My one suggestion would be to perhaps add a rope girth belt or some velcro to hold up the leather belt because it was slouching a bit, in turn exposing the top of the cod piece. Not a huge deal but would add more "polish" I suppose. No kit is perfect, I have a few fitting issues of my own that need correcting. ^^;

I actually slouch the belt on purpose; gives me the illusion of a longer torso, lol. It could sit flat and higher up if I wanted it to, because it seals with velcro. I don't seal it the same way every time, so sometimes it slouches more than others and shows a bit of the top of the cod. Honestly, I think the issue may be that my cod piece is sitting a little high; eh, what can you do when you're sewing at 4 a.m. the night before an event. :P I'll probably try to reposition it.

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2011, 10:26 PM by Vhe Oyre » Logged
~

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #98 on: Jul 04, 2011, 03:40 AM »
This has actually been a long time favorite kit of mine. ^-^
I think the one thing it could really use to finish it off is a holster for the blaster, then it'd be (even more) Gold standard. ;)

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #99 on: Jul 04, 2011, 10:15 AM »
She recently did some testing with some leather she has, and thinks that she may be able to make some holsters out of them, so they are on the immediate upgrade list for D*Con

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!