Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ne'tra Ca'verd's Soft Parts

• 3 Replies

Ne'tra Ca'verd

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Ne'tra Ca'verd's Soft Parts
« on: Jul 28, 2010, 01:34 PM »
I was starting to get impatient with my helmet so I decided to take a break and work on my flight suit! I ended up finishing it in one day! :)

Here are some pics. It was a basic follow the pattern type thing. I had a pattern that had been customized a little to make a pair of coveralls that I just made a little smaller because the coveralls were meant to fit over clothes. The fabric I used was a blowout fabric where I was able to get 5 yards for 5 dollars. I still had a bit left over and the zipper is just a 26 inch parka zipper. The zipper cost almost as much as the fabric! Luckily I had a 40 % off coupon so it was only 3.75

Didn't realize how bad a picture that was until I looked at it on the computer sorry.

Full length zipper

2 WAY ZIPPER!!!

Me in my flight suit.

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Ne'tra Ca'verd's Soft Parts
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Nice job for a custom made flight suit.  Definitely bare-bones...but all the pouches and pockets on normal flight suits get covered anyways. :D

That last pic you look like you're ready for a bedtime story. LOL

Ne'tra Ca'verd

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2010, 07:11 PM »
 I did use a pair of full red footed pajamas to help me judge how much I needed to modify the pattern and it is defiantly comfortable enough to sleep in.... :) Well this is coming form the guy that just took a nice long nap on his 2 cushion couch in cargo shorts with stuff still in the pockets after getting home from work on 4 hours of sleep today...

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Award for 75 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2010, 09:29 AM »
This is a great start! So, far you are the only one in Utah to have made their flight suit. Well done !

MMCC: #0310 Vode Of The Skull: #29
O.R.B./327th Elite #024 Elegant Mando's Tea Society: #116

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!