Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Y-Harness

• 7 Replies

Jarus Cro

• I reject your reality, and substitute my own!!!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Y-Harness
« on: Jul 22, 2010, 12:34 AM »
My question is this...are Y-Harnesses or H-Harnesses allowed?  I looked through the CRL's but couldn't really find anything for or against them (maybe there is though, i might have just missed it).  I want to use one for a little extra support on my gun belt, and i just wanted to make sure its allowed before going out and buying one.

Oh, and for those that don't know, Y and H-Harnesses are basically hardened suspenders that can be attached to work or gun belts to help keep them from sliding and/or moving around to much.

"Guns run out of ammo, and then all you got is an elaborate little piece of junk that don't kill nothing.  Knives on the other hand never run outta ways to kill.  Remember, a knife always cuts.  Always."  -Jarus Cro-
 MAJIC 007
 MERC 0535

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
Re: Y-Harness
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2010, 01:31 AM »
They are allowed however I'm not sure if they can be visible.  On the back they can if they are supporting a backpack/jetpack.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Novall wears a leather harness over his armor.  They are allowed, but try to find ones that aren't made with nylon...leather looks best for staying in character.  Also you have to watch out for them having too much load as they will pull on your plates and put them out of alignment.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:04 AM »
Yep, I use a leather French desert combat harness that I modified and dyed black.  The newer nylon combat suspenders in my opinion look to earth-military like to be used.  You can get a leather Y harness on ebay at:
Suzy's Surplus

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Chasbar Baar'atin

• Artillery/Heavy Weapons Spec
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2010, 04:44 PM »
*giggle*
                    Okay... maybe its just me...  But every time somebody says Y-Harness, all that pops into mind is this...

...and while I do actually know what you mean... I cant help thinking about the "alternative" lifestyle Mandos.  *laugh*  ;D

All this guy needs is a Bucket!   ;D  No offense, just cant kick the image association with "Y-Harness"   ;D

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010, 04:46 PM by Chasbar Baar'atin » Logged

Anyone who said brute strength didn't solve problems, obviously wasn't using enough of it.  Ca'nara cetar'narir, mando'ade, Oya!

Tahl Taab

• Tahl Buir shall return!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2010, 05:03 PM »
you can find WWII German styled ones here:  http://www.hessenantique.com/  Prices aren't to bad and I can attest to their quality!
http://www.atthefront.com/ is another place that has some cool goodies.

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2010, 12:09 AM by Tahl Taab » Logged

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2010, 11:22 AM »
They don't have to be leather, the CRL's talk about in-universe looking, which is leather or tactical nylon strapping which you can buy at hardware stores where they have stuff like velcro ties and such. Ace Hardware has them back with their black buckles, and some call them "camp straps" as they are used to tie up stuff like sleeping bags and such to backpacks.

This is from the CRL's:

Armor strapping:
Visible external strapping MUST be hidden as well as possible. The best way to do so would be to use an in-universe material such as leather or tactical strapping. However, elastic MAY be used as long as it is dyed to match the flightsuit as best as possible.

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

Aramys Strael

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2010, 03:29 PM »
I love Suzy's Surplus!

As some of you may know, I am a novice leather worker. Y and H harnesses are something that I have been tinkering around with trying to make.

I think after CV is done with, and some of my other projects are out of the way, I may try to go back to engineering something that can be useful.

Bill Kohlleppel
250th Mandalorian Merc Member
MAJIC operative #009
MAAM #001
ORB ORS009
Ewok Relocation Agent #002
HORSEMAN: PESTILENCE
Kote at ner aliit, kote at an ner vode!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!