Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Triple booster jet pack

• 38 Replies

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Triple booster jet pack
« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2011, 11:33 PM »
Looks amazing!!!! really nice idea and job! one word of caution tho. I added thin plastic pieces to my TD backpack once (I believe it was a granola container from costco - it had a great "vent-like" bottom - painted black it look great) It was a troop I didn't need the backpack for, so I left it in the car. The sun warped and melted it beyond recognition. Keep it cool or the thin plastic pieces will warp and any hot glue will melt.

okay so I'm stupid ;P

I am very glad you mentioned that as I had not considered it.  After reading your post I realized hot glue was the only thing holding the thrusters together.  Then i thought of the solution fill it with foam.  Went to the hardware store and they had the expanding spray for can on clearence for $3 so I bought 3 and used one to fill in the thrusters.  Presently i am in the clean up stages of that endever.  Wish I had done it earlier.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #27 on: Mar 31, 2011, 12:52 AM »
Fairly easy solution. You are gonna dirty it up a bit more too right?

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 10:00 PM »
So during the move into my new home(house) my pack experinced some damage.  the foam I had hoped would keepit from deforming in say the heat of a car did just that.  But it also expanded more since I guess it hadn't completely cured and burst the softened hotglue joints pretty much knocking the thrusters off it(suck).  So after that I began searching for a new set of thrusters for my pack.  At work for 2.50 I found these beauties,

A pair of them and some cutting later I had this for my new thrusters.(forgive the tanks on them they screw off, left them on so they would sit right for the pic)

Still need a bit of work to get them on permanently and then soe paint and hopefully these will be better then the last set.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Dude, sick transformation!  :o

I can't wait to see it finished!  :D

R Dano Cammino

• Shock Infantry HW m.a.b.e.l 053 mma0024 cat 0445
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 10:40 PM »
bravo , NOW thats "kit bashin (modelr's term)

Valgus Ordo

• I'll take a stab at it.
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 12:42 AM »
I like it!  Definitely a clever adaptation to your circumstances.  Keep it up!

"Bury me not with soil or stone, cleanse not my corpse with fire nor water. 
 Let me be buried with the bodies of my enemies!"  -A Clan Ordo warchant I made up.

Zohar Nef

« Reply #32 on: Jun 01, 2011, 02:48 PM »
So got more work done it and this time no hotglue holding it together.  Still used foam to fill in the gaps but the hot weather made sure it cured right.  Hope to get it sanded down tomorrow so I can start redoing the paint and will try to get some more pics up then too.

Zohar Nef

« Reply #33 on: Jun 04, 2011, 10:34 PM »
So here it is just needs a new coat of primer and paint job then mounted to the back plate.

Zohar Nef

« Reply #34 on: Jun 06, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Double post here, but wanted to let everyone see the final paint job on it.  Let me know what you think.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #35 on: Jun 06, 2011, 09:29 PM »
I'll bet that makes a mean cappuccino!   ;D

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #36 on: Jun 07, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Oh wow. That is amazing what you did.

Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises. But I'm just trying to give you a friendly warning.  - Canderous Ordo

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #37 on: Jun 07, 2011, 09:17 PM »
An amazing piece work and transformation.  ;)

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #38 on: Jun 07, 2011, 11:14 PM »
Sweet job. I can't wait till my nephew gets bored of his...

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!