Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Quick question about gloves...

• 8 Replies

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
Quick question about gloves...
« on: Aug 03, 2010, 05:12 PM »
I just got a pair of gray leather gloves that match my suit perfectly.  The only problem is they are women's gloves, and while they actually do fit my hands pretty well, the fingers are a little too short, giving the fingers a slightly webbed look when worn.  I've heard that you can stretch leather out a bit, and I was just wondering if it was possible?  Are there any products out there that will loosen up the leather?  I figure I could try putting them on, lacing my fingers together and slightly push on them to stretch them a little.

Any insight on the would be greatly appreciated!

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg
Re: Quick question about gloves...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Pics would help.. Stretching anything would depend on how they are sewn, what thickness of leather (or if it's actual leather, etc..).

If you feel up to sewing, I've found a few tutorials for gloves XD

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Do they look noticeably bad in the pics?  I don't think they're too noticeable, just kinda annoying.  I can't say if they are definitely leather, but I'm fairly certain they are.  They are very thin, with no lining, kinda like driving gloves or used for chilly weather, but not heavy for winter. 

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2010, 09:03 PM »
The easiest old fashioned way to stretch leather is to get it wet, do it slowly and keep it formed while it dries...one of the easiest old school ways to get leather boots to fit your feet and break in fastest is to put them on, get them wet, walk around in them for a few hours and let them dry as you go. In Marine Basic, that is how we broke in our old crappy, black leather boots the fastest and easiest. Same principle applies to a lot of similar applications.

Personally, there is nothing that says a guy can't wear women's gloves. all it says is have some kind of hand covering. In my opinion, who cares if it has some webbing or such in between. All that matters is that you like them, they fit, and they go with your kit. Besides, I highly doubt that someone is going to be looking at that part of your kit as it usually is wrapped around something like a blaster grip usually...

(points his blaster at the bad guy), bad guy is thinking to himself, (OH crap!!! A blaster aimed at my face...oh wait, he's wearing women's gloves...) um, not going to likely happen, lol.

No worries, in my opinion.

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Fits close enough in my estimation.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Heat and moisture will help when stretching out the leather and wearing them is probably the best way. It's about your comfort, visually I think they're fine. You don't look like The Penguin or anything.

« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2010, 02:07 PM »
I tend to find that woman's glove fit better than mens only because they are tighter. but yeah getting them wet and wearing them until they dry is your best bet just keep tugging on them to stretch them a little. thats what i had to do.

work, work, work

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2010, 02:19 PM »
As long as they are comfortable on you, I say wear them. The wet to stretch thing works well enough. Just wearing them will stretch them out quite a bit, though.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Chucko

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2010, 03:00 AM »
The webbing looks to only happen between the pointer and middle finger. If this is the case maybe cut the trigger finger or both. Just an idea. Don't worry about them being womens gloves either I know for a Jango they are just about the only option.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!