Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kyr Drago's Soft Parts

• 13 Replies
Kyr Drago's Soft Parts
« on: Aug 04, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Here is my soft parts with my knees and current gauntlets.  I plan on upgrading the gauntlets but these are what I've got for now.  I wanted to get input on how this looks before I go and mount the plates.  Since if its something I can't fix or modify in the next week.  I'm using my vest for an alternate costume.

Here it is with a neck seal.

Here it is with a neck seal and my helmet.

Here it is without a neck seal.

Here it is without the neck seal and my helmet.

Please be as brutal as you can, I already suspect some things.  But, I want an outside opinion.  Thank you for your input.

Revised Armor
Armor - 0%, Gauntlets - 5%, Helmet - 85%, Soft Goods - 50%

Jorg Mereel

• There are far worse things awaiting man than death
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Kyr Drago's Soft Parts
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Well, I tried to use kneepads like those and got nixed, so you may get similar comments... here´s my thread:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=26231.0

Other than that, the vest looks well-fitting and I like the gauntlets... a kind of medieval touch there...

Good job!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2010, 07:38 PM »
I'm a bit worried about the knees.  But, they are SWAT ones, I looked at using the ones like you used.  But, decided to pay the extra money and go to the Army Surplus store locally.  According to the people that work there, they are the same ones used by SWAT. 

Revised Armor

Jorg Mereel

• There are far worse things awaiting man than death
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2010, 08:44 PM »
I'm a bit worried about the knees.  But, they are SWAT ones, I looked at using the ones like you used.  But, decided to pay the extra money and go to the Army Surplus store locally.  According to the people that work there, they are the same ones used by SWAT.  

Well, in that case, you should be OK if you do the proper mods. Carry on then!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:27 AM »
I'm guessing since only one person has said something.. that it is either really bad or its alright maybe?  Please I'd like some input so I can get this done while I still have time.  I'm at the final step, and would like make sure my soft parts are fine before I complete it.  That way I can fix any problems now.  Instead of fixing the barn door after the horse has left.  ;D

Revised Armor

Corvax

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Very nice ner vod! 

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."
« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Am I to take that since I've not heard anything really, that it is fine?  I'd like to know so I can finish it up and hopefully be good to go for CV.  If not, I need to fall back to my other options.

Revised Armor

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2010, 08:06 PM »
All the soft parts look good to me.  The vest looks like it fits great.  Only thing I'd suggest is maybe taking in the sleeves a bit if you can?  Just a little baggy.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg
« Reply #8 on: Aug 06, 2010, 10:03 PM »
I was worried about the jumpsuit.  I've already done some work on it, since it was rather long on me.  But, to get one in the color and to fit my build I had to get one like that.  I just hope I've time to fix the sleeves and anything else that needs to be fixed.

Revised Armor

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2010, 10:51 PM »
It probably won't hurt your approval or anything, a lot of people use a jumpsuit or 2-piece with slightly baggy sleeves, me included.  Just another thing to help take the suit to the next level and a more fitted look.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg
« Reply #10 on: Aug 07, 2010, 08:09 PM »
So other than the jumpsuit and possibly the knees dose anything stand out?  I'm going to try and mount the armor on Sunday and get pictures up that day.  I'm getting really nervous about this.  I'm almost to the point of just putting it aside and just wear my dark jedi outfit I made today.  But, I really want to costume with the other Mandos.

Revised Armor

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2010, 10:21 PM »
I'm not part of the approval team or anything, but I'd say it looks ready to go!  Attach those plates and post some pics.   8)

« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Ok, I guess unless anyone says anything.  I'm going to attach the plates, I'll try and get pictures up today if not tomorrow.  I'm still nervous about this, I just hope things will work out.

Revised Armor

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Keep in mind part of the lack of response is due to everyone scrambling to get last minute details fixed for CV ;D. That said, a good part of the reason some of them have not commented is probably that everything looks pretty good. As long as you fill in the rivet holes on the swat knees, you should be good.

The slightly baggy look to the jumpsuit is acceptable, but it's more comfortable and easier on plate placement to tighten it up a bit. Not an immediate necessity, but something to keep in mind for the long run.

The T-visor...is that the reflection of the camera person? Or is it a little see-through in the flash? If the latter, you might want to think about covering up the bottom 'arm' of the T on the inside. I stuck some black adhesive backed velcro to mine, which helps with fogging, and makes it so someone can pretty much get right up in my face without me worrying about them seeing through the visor. Also, definitely wear the neck seal ;D. I'm not a fan of them myself, but I find that it makes the kit look much better in pictures.

Last thing, I'm personally kind of iffy on the vambraces. Most likely, they'll be accepted by the approval team. Many people have used similar 'medieval' style armor for their forearms, or even shins. Shab, my current shins are spiked greaves I purchased from A'den Skirata, and he used them and a pair of leather-chainmail-and spike gauntlets for quite a while. I know it's down to the wire, but I'd say unless you have some kind of ring-like armor accessories here or there, the bracers might look out of place.

All that said, it does look like you're pretty well golden. Good luck ;D.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!