Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

NEED CAPE/CLOAK PATTERNS

• 17 Replies

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
NEED CAPE/CLOAK PATTERNS
« on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:48 PM »
I've searched the forums, and I can't find what I'm looking for, so I'm here to ask around:

Does anyone know of a free cape/cloak pattern source? I don't necessarily want a Jedi robe, or even a full-circle cape...a 3/4 of 1/2-circle cape will work, but I can't seem to find anything that's worth a crap on-line....medieval or otherwise.  :P

Any suggestions?

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Shevla Ram'ser

• Osik, they have a tank...
Re: NEED CAPE/CLOAK PATTERNS
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:59 PM »
are you talking like the cape thing Boba wears? i need a pattern too sooo.... any one know?

"If it's 'NERF or nothing' , I choose nothing..."

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2010, 09:14 PM »
Nope...I've got one of those (it's just a canvas rectangle)...I'm looking for something along these lines:

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Shevla Ram'ser

• Osik, they have a tank...
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2010, 09:17 PM »
AH, srry then. Still don't have or know if one. Srry vod  :-[

"If it's 'NERF or nothing' , I choose nothing..."

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2010, 09:22 PM »
No biggie.  ;)

This might help you in your search....

Rob

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2010, 10:47 PM »
A quick google search brought up a number of sites, one of which is this one. Technically speaking, it's for a LOTOR elf-cloak, but it seems to be a pretty straightforward tutorial that could very likely be modified to a style that you'd like. Hope this helps :). It doesn't actually give a pattern, but walks you through producing one if you want.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Rob, if you can give me a couple of days, my downstairs neighbhor is a professional Ren Faire type seamstress... I'm sure she could help or point it all out to ya. The second is more doable than the first, due to it not having a mantle.

The one Slade linked is nice as well. I used it for what I called my 'storm cloak' ... Made out of a grey, modern fabric a lady gave me that was utterly impervious to 90% of water, flame retardant, and mildly stretchy.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:57 PM »
Thanks, guys...I can use that! Ij...I appreciate the offer, but I think I can use that tutorial that Slade posted, with a little modding...I would wait otherwise, but I've gotta get this done before C5, and I'm running out of time.  :o

I'll post a pic when I'm done!  ;)
Rob

« Reply #8 on: Aug 06, 2010, 12:00 AM »
Nothing like last minute, eh?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2010, 01:09 AM »
Glad to be of service ;D. My Google-Fu is strong :P. I spend an unnecessary amount of time searching for various things, so I've gotten good at rewording google-searches until I find what I'm looking for. As for running out of time, tell me about it :P. I'm down to the wire on a whole new costume I'm debuting there.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #10 on: Aug 06, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Nothing like last minute, eh?

You ain't just a jokin', brother....I'm revamping my V.1 armor into a V.2 (plus fine-tuning that other guy's suit), and there's never enough time to get this stuff done...and things keep popping up that I want to get done before we leave!

I keep hopping over to the C5 site, just to watch the countdown, and see how much time I have left, right down to the last second!  :D
Rob

« Reply #11 on: Aug 06, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Here's mine:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=26756.msg372702#msg372702

scroll down for pattern. I made it, you can use it and probably attach a hood from the Slade's

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 10:21 AM by Tomoe » Logged

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2010, 10:23 AM »

I keep hopping over to the C5 site, just to watch the countdown, and see how much time I have left, right down to the last second!  :D
Rob

Oh, shut up.   :P

;)

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2010, 11:07 AM »
Oh, shut up.   :P

;)

SMOOCHIES!  ;) :D ;D
Rob

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Here's mine:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=26756.msg372702#msg372702

scroll down for pattern. I made it, you can use it and probably attach a hood from the Slade's

Thanks, Tomoe....I started it late last night, and used a pattern that's not too different than yours, except it's a bit wider at the shoulders; I've got to attach the hood, and them comes the weathering...I hope to have it done by this weekend!
Rob

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!