Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flak Vest

• 16 Replies

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Best Blaster: Pistol is the award for the best pistol. Funny that!
Re: Flak Vest
« Reply #15 on: Aug 27, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Awesome information vod!  I read that the costume rules have changed and that T-Shirt flak vests were no longer acceptable.  Can someone please describe to me what a T-Shirt flak vest is so I can avoid such things?

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Flak Vest
« Reply #16 on: Aug 27, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Taking a t-shirt or sweater, cutting the arms off, attaching armor.

Reason for it is that the material that t-shirt and sweaters are made of are made to stretch a bit.  When you try to attach armor to it, the material stretches and the armor tends to sag and sit unevenly.  While you can surely use a t-shirt to help develop a pattern for your vest, I would recommend using a heavy cotton or vinyl for the vest itself.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!