Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fully Kitted belt sizes

• 4 Replies
Fully Kitted belt sizes
« on: Aug 26, 2010, 02:48 PM »
How much extra should I give my standard waist measurment when dealing with a girth and ammo belt? My normal Dockers-knockoff belt length I buy with my work Slacks is 38" overall, and I buy 34" pants.

For a Girth Belth, that presumably sits outside of an undershirt, flight suit, armor vest ... how big should I craft it? I'm using leather backing and rows of 6mm Braided Bolo Leather.

For the Ammo Belt, that sits outside of everything listed above, how long should I craft it, overall? I can fasten it with hooks based on waist fluctuation (for the winter when I get lazy and stop running in the mornings :rolleyes:).

So does my normal 34" waist translate into a 35-38" Waist once I 'layer up.' ?

This has also got me thinking I need to head north to find more cold-weather events to go to 8).

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Fully Kitted belt sizes
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2010, 09:05 PM »
I wear the same size pants and there loose on me. My girth belts 38" long, not truely sure on the length of the belts for my pouches and holsters though. But 38" is probably about the length your going to want to stay around.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Baelin Halon

• The Reclaimer
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2010, 08:38 AM »
The honest best method to figure it out is to put your layers of kit on, then take a tape measure and see what size you need.

Allof my belts for my kit are adjustable, so if I lose or gain weight/size, I can loosen or tighten to fit.

Warrior of the Blue Ribbon

M.A.F.I.A. Co-Founder
M.A.N.T.A. Member
B.O.O.M. Member 004
V.O.T.S. Member 038
Cabur Akaata Member 003

Dragon Sunkiller

• Always remember.... that way you never forget!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Yeah, one of the best options is a leather belt that has room to go larger or smaller a couple holes onece you're kitted up, or some kind of tactical belt that is a one-size-fits most type of deal. Hope this helps! Good luck with the build!

M.A.J.I.C. #057
OM# 371
« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2010, 10:43 AM »
I am going to buy one of the belts from the guy on TDH. They're amazing and fully functional. I will, however, be making my own girth belt because I think they look so cool... and I am going to make it adjustable beneath the back cover (as seen on the back flap of Jango Fett)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!