Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

RC-ish looking backpack (ysalamir support pack)

• 34 Replies

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
Re: RC-ish looking backpack (ysalamir support pack)
« Reply #30 on: Apr 17, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Ferret = furball
Ysalamiri = ball of scales

he could use it as some sort of sub-species or it could be geniticly modified ysalamari

« Reply #31 on: Jul 29, 2012, 10:54 AM »
I was thinking of trying to sculpt a ysalamir and cast it in a gel like rubber. (Remember "Boglins", back in the 80's?) And if memory serves, the ysalamir was detatched from the Olbio using a method Thrawn learned from Mercs/Smugglers of Talon Karrde? The Back pack replaced the Olbio limb as the life support system.

I thought a cool variant, although VERY heavy would be a fish tank like pack with bubbles emitting from the bottom and the ysalamir floating in the middle with tubes and things like Weapon X, or Luke in the Bacta Tank.
One way this could be accomplished would be to use a very thin tank maybe just a centimeter or two of water for bubbles and a thin light. The rubber ysalamir suspended in a compartment on the other side of the tank, giving the illusion of being submerged. 

Anyway that's just my two-cents, and my wacky brain talking.  Looks like a great pack you got there!

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2012, 10:12 PM »
This is super cool.  I'll be following this thread with interest.

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #33 on: Aug 10, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Unfortunately the pack has been handed over to me as Johan said he didn't think he could finish it.  I'm going to be using it for a backpack for my legacy kit.  It's currently sitting in my basement awaiting work.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #34 on: Aug 10, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Well, you know... as long as we get to see it finished... ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!