Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Afos TaT V1.5 Debut !!! NOW OFFICIAL !!!

• 19 Replies

Afos Redemption

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Afos TaT V1.5 Debut !!! NOW OFFICIAL !!!
« on: Sep 04, 2010, 09:46 AM »
 So, after months of work in the Lab (garage) and with the recent visit of my 11 year old nephew who loves Star Wars I decided to unveil the completed (for now) Afos TaT "Tactical assault Technician". When I entered the room and told him to "Join me" his eyes lit up with fear, oops, and it scared my mothers dog so much he barffed on the floor, haha.

I still plan on adding a black leather Kama, once my GF will sew it for me. I got the armor from ebay in the beginning stages before I was schooled, but after some work it turned out pretty well, minus the knees which I will upgrade someday to rubber fett knees or something custom. The Buy'ce is a M-DSB XL Mercenary with a custom cut T-visor, 2 x cpu fans and 3 green led's on each corner of the T-visor, and my I add the quality of the M-DSB product is second to none. ROTJ Gauntlets are by Adam ScottFM (rocket from TDH) and with hrs of sanding and some slight modifications they have become semi custom fett gauntlets with piano hinges on both sided of each gauntlet. Other items include: Aker MR1506 Black 10watt amp wit PTT switch, Mauser pouches from Nickel, old Bates zip up the side tactical boots, girth/ammo belt from princess auto (surplus store here in Canada), cover-alls from local army surplus store. All weathering was done with additive and subtractive techniques. I do have some WIP pics but I would get too excited and forget most of the time.

I would like to thank all members of the Mercs site for the help and advice that has been passed on. Once the weather clears up I will suit up again and take application pics, any comments or suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks again...  Afos..

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2010, 04:37 PM by Afos TaT » Logged
Pro Patria
(for country)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Afos TaT V1.5 Debut
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2010, 11:17 AM »
Looks like you took your time making sure to put it together and it paid off. This is a great build, very attractive kit. There are no back pix so I can't say how it looks but the front looks great. At first I was conserned about the exposed straps on the legs, thought they were that cheap sew in elactic, which isnt allowed to be exposed anywhere except knee's and elbows and even then should be painted or dyed to match the flightsuit colors as closely as possible, but upon looking closer I see buckles I believe which would make me think nylon strapping? I would still say hitting them with a little gray primer would make them blend into the kit better but, as long as theyre nylon or leather, they pass crl's.

As long as there's a back covering, I would say you could apply right now and walk through. Very nice work. Wear it with pride!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2010, 12:06 PM »
nice looking kit , good work vod  ;)

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2010, 12:58 PM »
This set looks a whole lot like Mereel A'Denla's.

This is a good thing, as I've seen mereel's suit in person several times, and it kicks serious butt.

Afos Redemption

« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Looks like you took your time making sure to put it together and it paid off. This is a great build, very attractive kit. There are no back pix so I can't say how it looks but the front looks great. At first I was conserned about the exposed straps on the legs, thought they were that cheap sew in elactic, which isnt allowed to be exposed anywhere except knee's and elbows and even then should be painted or dyed to match the flightsuit colors as closely as possible, but upon looking closer I see buckles I believe which would make me think nylon strapping? I would still say hitting them with a little gray primer would make them blend into the kit better but, as long as theyre nylon or leather, they pass crl's.

As long as there's a back covering, I would say you could apply right now and walk through. Very nice work. Wear it with pride!

Thank you very much, I have a fully weathered back plate mounted that I will be sure to post more outdoor pics of when it stops raining (we are in the middle of hurricane Earl right now), no more indoor living room photos, lol, I was just excited. The lower armor is attached to the suit with sticky velcro on the armor and sewed velcro to the suit, I added the nylon strapping and buckles too stop the armor from shifting when wearing and left them black as accents to the vest, kama and the black cheeks on the bucket, and to stop the suit from flaring, once I add the kama (whenever that may be) the upper strapping will barley be visible. The knees are also held in place with velcro but do have black elastic strapping to go along with the theme. I will post more pics when I can. Thanks again.. Afos.

Pro Patria
(for country)

kalika

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2010, 08:56 PM »
most impressive. Looks good!

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2010, 08:01 AM »
this is one beautiful set here man, great work :D

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Outstanding Afos TaT !!!

I really am ahuge fan o this kit! your attention to detail is amazing. I really like the color scheme you went with too!

Ne'tra Ca'verd

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Awesome Kit! Deffinatly one I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. or even a light alley!

Afos Redemption

Re: Afos TaT V1.5 Debut NEW PICS 09/06/10!!!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2010, 07:10 PM »
After taking my application pictures with the help of my GF I decided to play around in the backyard for a bit and get some action shots, there will be more to follow once I recce some good sites. Thanks for all the comments so far...

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010, 07:38 PM by Afos TaT » Logged
Pro Patria
(for country)

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2010, 08:19 AM »
great pics vod  ;)

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2010, 01:19 PM »
this looks awesome.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Afos TaT V1.5 Debut !!! NOW OFFICIAL !!!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Congrats on getting Official!! Welcome to the family!

Shevla Ram'ser

• Osik, they have a tank...
« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2010, 02:48 PM »
dude. NOT a mando id want to mess with.  kandossi vod :D

"If it's 'NERF or nothing' , I choose nothing..."

Beviin Atin Eparavu

• Barrel Eparavu. Disgruntled clone and general jerk
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2010, 01:58 PM »
O____o
Mereel?

Daddy will always love his little girl. I miss you, Jenny.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #15 on: Sep 21, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Is that a lego piece i see there?

Chase

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Sep 21, 2010, 08:10 PM »
O____o
Mereel?

lol thats what i was thinking! :) If Mereel had a twin.... :)

Congrats! it looks awesome!

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #17 on: Sep 22, 2010, 03:20 AM »
It seems to work, Lego or not.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #18 on: Sep 22, 2010, 06:48 PM »
It seems to work, Lego or not.

i love it haha

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #19 on: Sep 23, 2010, 01:03 PM »
saw a SW clone trooper toy carbine with the same little detail.  After checking the toy gun at walmart last night I noticed that the little detail i was intrigued by a near replica of that famous lego piece i remember.

Chase

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!