Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

In the market for boots

• 9 Replies

Ada Ka

• Oh lookie I can make a head shot!
In the market for boots
« on: Sep 04, 2010, 01:39 PM »
I currently looking for boots and was just wondering wear every one got theirs. I want black, knee high, preferably zipper or buckle maybe velcro and they have to be flats (because I refuse to wear heals even though it would help my shortness). Any info would be much appreciated.

What the prisoner is to be delivered unharmed?! Well there goes my fun.
BE NICE TO THE MEDIC!!!

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: In the market for boots
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Check ebay? You really dont want new ones. Used ones will give the...used and worn look.  ;)

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Look for equestrian/riding boots.  Just avoid the 'competition' level, because they're pretty expensive.  If you can deal with used boots, you can get fairly inexpensive black boots... unless you're male :)

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Wait...I just realized...I have an extra pair of boots that Vaalin asked me to find a buyer for because they are too small for him, I also have a pair of women's red wings, biker boots, the only problem with the red wings is you have to cover the symbols. I don't know why I didn't think about it. Text me today and I'll send you some pictures of them. What size do you wear too?

Ada Ka

« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Wait...I just realized...I have an extra pair of boots that Vaalin asked me to find a buyer for because they are too small for him, I also have a pair of women's red wings, biker boots, the only problem with the red wings is you have to cover the symbols. I don't know why I didn't think about it. Text me today and I'll send you some pictures of them. What size do you wear too?

8.5ish depending on the shoe
oh and I don't text.

BE NICE TO THE MEDIC!!!

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2010, 04:45 PM »
OoOOoh, excuse me.  :D

Anyways, the boot Vaalin had are way larger than that, and I can't find the red wings...that's what happens when my family makes me clean and organize my room to their standards...can't find a damn thing!  >:(

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2010, 05:42 PM »
I can't believe I'm about to suggest this, but have you looked at places like Walmart and Target? Couple years back I got some White Stag brand boots from Walmart that I've been using since for my pirate and sith costumes (they have a very nice quasi-equestrian boot look to them). Target has some boots I like this year, but I've got larger calves so none of them really work for me, but they might for you (not knowing if that's an issue for you or not).

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar MendrosŤ

Ada Ka

« Reply #7 on: Sep 04, 2010, 11:21 PM »
I'll look at target and wallmart I have been looking at second hand stores and of course they are either hit or miss.
OoOOoh, excuse me.  :D
cando it's just a personal preference

BE NICE TO THE MEDIC!!!

Cando Pax

• Legacy
« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2010, 12:23 AM »
I'll look at target and wallmart I have been looking at second hand stores and of course they are either hit or miss.cando it's just a personal preference

It's cool, I understand.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2010, 07:43 PM »
see this thread for Motocross boots that are affordable:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=29243.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!