Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack WIP; need input for more ideas

• 20 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
Jetpack WIP; need input for more ideas
« on: Sep 06, 2010, 08:29 PM »
Ok so I found this vacuum and I am turning it into a jetpack, what do you thing I should do next?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Jetpack WIP; need input for more ideas
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2010, 08:02 PM »
add some LED's, and turn the nozzels down.

Teren Clan

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2010, 08:45 PM »
They are turn a just a bit of any angle because didnt look right pointed down.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2010, 02:46 AM »
 That circular area is just begging to have one of those Ironman Arc Reactors put into it. I'd probably add a bit to the nozzles to have them be more pronounced. More greebies are always good as well.
Everything else I might recommend would be more of personal preference; I like more angular lines on my stuff. So I'd try to give it more of a boxy look, but like I said personal preference.
Looks good though, does it already have hard points on it that you can attach it to your backplate, or are you going to permanently attach it to your back plate when your done?

Have a good one,
Hagen

Dar'manda

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2010, 10:15 PM »
Ok so here are some updated pix of the pack.

Johan Kordav

• i just realized, im madalorian i dont need to care
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2010, 01:03 AM »
KANDOSII!!!! that looks awesome

i shall follow mandalore in to battle and should he fall i will take his blaster his bucket and his name and fight on.

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2010, 01:30 AM »
Super cool conversion!!! Those lights add to it for sure. May I ask what they are made from?

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Dar'manda

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2010, 01:32 AM »
They are click lights.

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2010, 01:35 AM »
They are click lights.

Thanks. Very crafty idea.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2010, 03:34 AM »
Very nice. I like how it has a mini Basilisk feel to it with the added vents. Heck give it a bronze paint job so it matches something like this

Have a good one,
Hagen

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2010, 04:23 AM »
More greeblies and paint and dirt n stuff.

Oh and I'd find a way to get rid of the power and cable return buttons, doesn't look Swarsy when it still has hoover markings :)

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Dar'manda

« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2010, 04:52 AM »
Yea just a fast metal coat over the whole thing; not very sure what color to paint it yet. I will be sanding down the markings on the buttons, I just didnt have a sander yesterday. What other grebs can I put that wont make it look too busy?

Thanks all

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2010, 05:00 AM »
I think to be honest it's more in need of a paint job to match your armour more than anything.

Personally, I'd take the buttons out and put something technical looking behind the holes :)

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.
« Reply #13 on: Sep 17, 2010, 06:58 PM »
I love the lights man, great job. What would make it really cool is if you put some Mando'a writing across it. Maybe wrapping around that circular vent in the middle of it?

"Lightsabers can stop blaster bolts. Nothing can stop my slugs."

Sentinel

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Can you throw up some WIP stuff on how you did the lights, I'm still learning on electronics
GJ

Dar'manda

« Reply #15 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:48 PM »
They are just clip lights from target with some added decorations.

Hiram Fett

• Our enemies are judged by God,we arrange the meeting
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:55 PM »
I like it . I think its cool.  Good job.

Those who hammer their blasters into plows will plow for those who did not.
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:30 AM »
I have to say... Now that is all I can look for when I am at a thrift store.  Not that exactly, but you've definitely broadened my horizon.  Excellent job and keep it up.  You are truly an inspiration!

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #18 on: Apr 18, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Best vacuum cleaner ever!  8)

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Awesome pack! Nice and simple. It has a Prequel vibe to it.

DendrosGenet

• Nuh'la dini'la! It's CRAZY fun!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #20 on: Jul 04, 2011, 06:57 AM »
Dude!!! That looks amazing!!

"Let's do this!"

"Nuh'la dini'la! It's CRAZY fun!"

Member #1152

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!