Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

O.S. DeathWatch (Tor Vizsla)

• 38 Replies

Salvo Mereel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
O.S. DeathWatch (Tor Vizsla)
« on: Sep 10, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Rally Deathwatch Mando's! There's still not enough of us here!

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2010, 05:45 PM by A'den Skirata » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: DeathWatch
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2010, 05:44 PM »
Let's call this Open Season (Tor Vizsla) Death Watch and we'll start another for TCW Deathwatch.

Salvo Mereel

Re: O.S. DeathWatch (Tor Vizsla)
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Referemnce images:

Link to the Wiki page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tor_Vizsla

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2010, 06:01 PM by Salvo Mereel » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2010, 06:01 PM »
These are basically going to be Jango armor, black with that funny helmet lol.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2010, 07:14 PM »
Were all OS DW black-armored, though? I mean, I know they're pretty well standard mando armor, with the funny helmet and the Death Watch W-looking symbol, but otherwise, I thought they had the usual range of colors.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Hondo Karr

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2010, 07:52 PM »
I think you see some greenish and grayish hue's. Id have to pull up OS to double check. However, the Star Wars Insider articel on teh History of Mandalorians states that the DeathWatch under Tor Vizsla wore all black armor. Oh yeah and crushgaunts!

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2010, 08:02 PM »
I have my copy of OS right here.  There are lots of blues, greens and grays.  Interpretation is really tough because many of the DW look no different than Jaster's gunmetal gray and Jango's bare metal.  The only one that is clearly "gloss black" is Tor Viszla himself. 

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2010, 10:45 PM »
But we never see Tor's helmet, that means we dont know if he has a DW bucket or an actual mando helmet.

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 82

Hondo Karr

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2010, 10:47 PM »
The assumption would be he had that style helemt with unknown trim or markings for rank. Or, maybe he was just so pretty he always felt it best to show off his boyish good looks. LOL

Mafio

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2010, 08:13 AM »

aint looking  so standard jango to me.

More like  a crude approach to Legacy. 
Even the Shoulders are more  like big Bells.  :o

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2010, 08:21 AM »
His armor is drawn several different ways throughout the comic, because no artist can draw the same thing twice.  ;D

Realistically his armor is the same configuration as modern armor. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Mafio

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2010, 08:27 AM »
besides  that  between  Jangos  orphanation "A new true Mando" ,   "deathwatch strikes back"   and  "the return of Jango" lie  several years.

So maybe   Tor's first appereance might be an old relict of the TOR-Era?  ;D

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2010, 08:35 AM »
60bby was when the mando civil war started, so I doubt the armor changed.  If you look at all the comics, it usually takes a few centuries for mando armor to really change.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2010, 10:29 AM »
One thing me and A'den noticed with the TM's is that in the first section they were gray and then in the later ones they were green. So that may be the case with the DW is Open Seasons.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor

Salvo Mereel

« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Which "deathwatch helmet" are we talking about? Remember, posting reference always helps. And an Image of crush-gaunts. Thanks.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!