Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

O.S. DeathWatch (Tor Vizsla)

• 38 Replies

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: O.S. DeathWatch (Tor Vizsla)
« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2010, 01:26 PM »
The OS Death Watch were the ones with the funky raised visor and the wings on the bucket, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Watch the ones in the Mandalorian Civil War, rather than the Clone Wars.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2010, 02:16 PM »
I had a big resource of links I had put aside for this for Ijaat's "DW" styled kit. Links to all the frames/pics showing the Death Watch in Open Season, and some assorted OS style DW helmet builds. I'll post those up when I find them again for you guys!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #17 on: Sep 11, 2010, 04:49 PM »
I posted a new thread with referance pics for both eras of kyr'stad

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Sep 12, 2010, 09:38 AM »
now what if your building a modern kit but giving it a Deathwatch style paintjob?

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Mafio

« Reply #19 on: Sep 12, 2010, 10:41 AM »
I-guess  with  no  old DW-Style helmet     and no  DW-symbol  you would  either be  a "true mandalorian"  or just a generic mandalorian Mercenary. 

With symbol  on, for example your shoulder, you would   be   a  Death-watch mando   like   Priest  or Reau       which could only be categorized  by  there  blue DW-symbol.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Sep 12, 2010, 11:14 AM »
The Deathwatch were originally formed as a splitter group from Jaster's True Mandalorians andhad the funky helmet. They were also said to have a penchant for crush gaunts.

The next group we see are the TCW DW which I think we all know pretty well how they look.

Finally, we know of a 3rd incarnation of the DW post TCW. Where Priest and Reau are seen with now a Blue DW "W" on their shoulder plates.

There are no other factions.

For the sake of brigades, I believe we need or could have an OS DW group a TCW DW group and due to the custom nature of the post CW DW, perhaps a DW influenced group which basically would just require the wearing a blue DW sigil. I think just about the whole Florida Clan fits in here! LMAO!

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #21 on: Sep 12, 2010, 12:46 PM »
well A'den I am already into my third build enough that i really don't want to shift gears too much, doing a custom modern with deathwatch influenced colors and design, it''ll make my current kit look like a kids creation with whats in work, so if a blue DW symbol is the way to go VS and orange then there should not be a problem.

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Altis Beviin

• helmet-100%,armor-90%,flightsuit-100%,vest-0%
« Reply #22 on: Sep 13, 2010, 08:46 PM »

Throughout your life you may have to face the fact that warriors that use the Force, will be able to react more quickly or aim more accurately. But those who can't use the Force, when we make it to the top of our profession, we can look the Jedi in the eye and know we did it without any crutches.

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #23 on: Sep 13, 2010, 09:52 PM »
I've got plenty of pics on the True Mandalorians topic:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=30019.0

If you want just the Death Watch images I can gather them for y'all here as well.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #24 on: Sep 13, 2010, 11:31 PM »
If you want just the Death Watch images I can gather them for y'all here as well.

Be sure to post the in the reference pics thread in canon brigade

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Sep 19, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Technically, you could add Star Wars Galaxies DeathWatch armor to this list also. 

The Deathwatch were originally formed as a splitter group from Jaster's True Mandalorians andhad the funky helmet. They were also said to have a penchant for crush gaunts.

The next group we see are the TCW DW which I think we all know pretty well how they look.

Finally, we know of a 3rd incarnation of the DW post TCW. Where Priest and Reau are seen with now a Blue DW "W" on their shoulder plates.

There are no other factions.

For the sake of brigades, I believe we need or could have an OS DW group a TCW DW group and due to the custom nature of the post CW DW, perhaps a DW influenced group which basically would just require the wearing a blue DW sigil. I think just about the whole Florida Clan fits in here! LMAO!

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #26 on: Apr 10, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Well, as soon as my Kama gets here.  Looks like i'll be, kinda, fitting in with the Priest/Rau group of DW.  Shame that my DW symbol is going to be black... meh :(

DoseOrdo

• [The Bold]
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 11:47 AM »
Isnt it safe to say that Death Watch and True Mandalorian differ only by ideals and faction branding? some of Tor's gang had that funky helmet but I dont think that means all of them had to. Realisticly they probably wore the same gear pre civil war as they did after. I doubt they went shoping together when they parted ways for a new snazzy uniform. Costume wise i'd argue standard Mando with a DW brand is the difference. Things like the funky helmet would just be individual differences just like all factions of Mandalorians have.

just my 2 cents

oh and dont base colors off comics, artist will vary colors often to illustrate surroundings or lighting. One panel they are grey, next blue, and the next purple or black.... Unless its writen canon or obviously consistant I wouldnt focus on "Deathwatch colors", exception being the SWG deathwatch and thier title/rank based color scheme

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:50 AM by DoseOrdo » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Colors I don't think are significant as Dose has pointed out. However, the Deathwatch has been portrayed in canon in a couple different ways...

The OS Deathwatch which are all depicted with their helmet design, darker colors and W markings.
The TCW Deathwatch which are allt he animated style and have a cookie cutter color and armor pattern.
The SWG Deathwatch which has a distinct armor style but also int he general Mandalorian armor for the game and not being one that has played I really can't say what differences beyond the armor there is
And finally the Deathwatch as portrayed in the RC books... which essentially fits right into our custom ideals of this club, anything goes, with the Deathwatch W.

For the Tor Vizsla Deathwatch, at least fro brigade membership not neccesarily club membership, the colors need to be consistant with the comic art and the helmet is a must.

stormtrooperguy

• Awards Boba and Jango TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 02:19 PM »
I've been thinking about doing Tor Vizsla at some point.

I like evolutions in my collection.

I've got a Holiday Special Boba, RotJ Boba, Jango, Pre Vizsla. A PrePro Boba is on the way.

Rex came about because of the connection to the PrePro Boba jaig eyes. That led to 7 clones in the house.

The idea of having a predecessor to Pre Vizsla seems pretty cool, and it's a funky looking helmet. I definitely wouldn't want to use any standard Fett style armor though... all custom.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!