Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

O.S. DeathWatch (Tor Vizsla)

• 38 Replies

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: O.S. DeathWatch (Tor Vizsla)
« Reply #25 on: Sep 19, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Technically, you could add Star Wars Galaxies DeathWatch armor to this list also. 

The Deathwatch were originally formed as a splitter group from Jaster's True Mandalorians andhad the funky helmet. They were also said to have a penchant for crush gaunts.

The next group we see are the TCW DW which I think we all know pretty well how they look.

Finally, we know of a 3rd incarnation of the DW post TCW. Where Priest and Reau are seen with now a Blue DW "W" on their shoulder plates.

There are no other factions.

For the sake of brigades, I believe we need or could have an OS DW group a TCW DW group and due to the custom nature of the post CW DW, perhaps a DW influenced group which basically would just require the wearing a blue DW sigil. I think just about the whole Florida Clan fits in here! LMAO!

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #26 on: Apr 10, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Well, as soon as my Kama gets here.  Looks like i'll be, kinda, fitting in with the Priest/Rau group of DW.  Shame that my DW symbol is going to be black... meh :(

DoseOrdo

• [The Bold]
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 11:47 AM »
Isnt it safe to say that Death Watch and True Mandalorian differ only by ideals and faction branding? some of Tor's gang had that funky helmet but I dont think that means all of them had to. Realisticly they probably wore the same gear pre civil war as they did after. I doubt they went shoping together when they parted ways for a new snazzy uniform. Costume wise i'd argue standard Mando with a DW brand is the difference. Things like the funky helmet would just be individual differences just like all factions of Mandalorians have.

just my 2 cents

oh and dont base colors off comics, artist will vary colors often to illustrate surroundings or lighting. One panel they are grey, next blue, and the next purple or black.... Unless its writen canon or obviously consistant I wouldnt focus on "Deathwatch colors", exception being the SWG deathwatch and thier title/rank based color scheme

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:50 AM by DoseOrdo » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Colors I don't think are significant as Dose has pointed out. However, the Deathwatch has been portrayed in canon in a couple different ways...

The OS Deathwatch which are all depicted with their helmet design, darker colors and W markings.
The TCW Deathwatch which are allt he animated style and have a cookie cutter color and armor pattern.
The SWG Deathwatch which has a distinct armor style but also int he general Mandalorian armor for the game and not being one that has played I really can't say what differences beyond the armor there is
And finally the Deathwatch as portrayed in the RC books... which essentially fits right into our custom ideals of this club, anything goes, with the Deathwatch W.

For the Tor Vizsla Deathwatch, at least fro brigade membership not neccesarily club membership, the colors need to be consistant with the comic art and the helmet is a must.

stormtrooperguy

• Awards TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Boba and Jango
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 02:19 PM »
I've been thinking about doing Tor Vizsla at some point.

I like evolutions in my collection.

I've got a Holiday Special Boba, RotJ Boba, Jango, Pre Vizsla. A PrePro Boba is on the way.

Rex came about because of the connection to the PrePro Boba jaig eyes. That led to 7 clones in the house.

The idea of having a predecessor to Pre Vizsla seems pretty cool, and it's a funky looking helmet. I definitely wouldn't want to use any standard Fett style armor though... all custom.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 06:35 PM »
I'm with Falin there on the OS DW topic; from what I remember, with the exception of Tor and one of his minions (who wore no helmet at all) every one of them was depicted with the funky DW helmet. Historically, the vast majority of all splinter groups went out of their way to create a 'new' or modified uniform to set them apart from those they were splintering from or rebelling against. It certainly makes sense that they would have some uniform aspect to their appearance, this case obviously being the helmet.

As for the colors; whenever one of them is depicted in the foreground, in any kind of 'clear' lighting, they have very dark grey or black armor with green, yellow or blue trim. The only time you see other colors is when they're in the background, distant, and that's simply an artistic tool to make them visible, but not focused on. Other than black or grey, I would be willing to accept extremely dark colors, but they would have to be dark to the point of almost black anyway, like Charleston Green.

Brian; I would love to see someone make the OS DW helmet! If you could be persuaded to mold it, and I have the sneaking suspicion you would, I would absolutely be interested in buying one ^_^. 

Also, in regards to the armor; I feel that standard Fett is acceptable, but so too would a custom style plates based on the differences shown in Tor and other DW troops, mostly in the torso and shoulder plate areas. Sometimes they're shown near to standard in appearance, and other times completely different, so I'd call it almost anything that fits the mercs 'modern era' requirement, short of Legacy plates, as those come well after the times.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:21 PM »
A projected list for Open Season Deathwatch...

Here would be my recommendations. See whatyou all think...

1) Armor:
  Medium coverage
  matte black or matte green-black primary armor color

2) Blasters:
  Canon style, Era appropriate weapon (question say some used an E-11 or EE-3 as a base but customized it to their liking and carry preference but, it's still clearly based on that weapon. Would that be a go?)

3) Helmet:
  Open Seasons Deathwatch Style only
  Matte black or matte black-green in color
 Brow and mandibles MUST be gold, bronze or green only

4) Flightsuit:
dark grey or black Fett style flightsuit with dual sleeves.

5) Ammo belt:
Fett style, multi pouch ammo belt required. Colors optional
(would the famous Suzy's Surpplus pouches be an acceptable altenative? They have the same overall design and appearance when assembled. Not an exact match but close enough on a non face character to not be a kit killer in appearance)

6) Girth belt:
N/A

7) Boots:
Any laceless boots, must have boot armor

8. Jetpack:
Optional

9) Vest:
  Boba or Jango style
colors should be similar to the flightsuit.

10. Brigade sigil must be worn on either the right or left or both shoulder plates (clan sigil and brigade sigils may each be worn one on each shoudler plate. No other sigils, stripping or markings are allowed. If a member is the receipiant of the Ori'ramkad Award, it may be worn as appropriate on the armor.

11. gloves:
Black EU style crushgaunt gloves.

OSDW sigil:

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #32 on: Aug 03, 2011, 12:03 PM »
Here are some of my additions/changes to what you already have. My remarks are in bold.

1) Armor:
  Medium coverage
black, dark green, midnight blue, Charcoal grey (one has blue shoulders with black chest)

2) Weapons:
  Canon style, Era appropriate blasters or beskad-style sword.

3) Helmet:
  Open Seasons Deathwatch Style only
must match main armor color
 Brow and mandibles MUST be gold, bronze, green (There is at least one blue/silver and possibly one "red")

4) Flightsuit:
dark grey or black flightsuit  (dual sleeves aren't clear)

5) Ammo belt:
Generic ammo belt -pouch number varies

6) Girth belt: (Optional)
 Some have a cloth girthbelt

7) Boots:
Any laceless boots, must have boot armor

8. Jetpack/ Cape:
Optional
Capes can be red, green or blue

9) Vest:
  Boba or Jango style
colors should be similar to the flightsuit.

10. Brigade sigil must be worn on either the right or left or both shoulder plates (clan sigil and brigade sigils may each be worn one on each shoudler plate. No other sigils, stripping or markings are allowed. If a member is the receipiant of the Ori'ramkad Award, it may be worn as appropriate on the armor.  (At least one DW has a sigil on the left chestplate with a yellow halo) Multiple versions of the sigil exist in the artwork.  Will variations in the sigil be allowed? (symmetry, damage placement, etc.)

11. gloves:
Black/dark brown crushgaunts or leather gloves

12.  Gauntlets:
one gauntlet required  ("sword guy" only has one gauntlet, the other arm is wrapped)
must be main armor color

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #33 on: Aug 04, 2011, 09:18 PM »
I will certainly take all suggestions into consideration, although there are some that will not make the cut. I'm going to make the decision that the armor is meant to be black or dark grey. The only time it does not look either of those colors is when the character is in the background, which as I mentioned before is simply an artistic tool. The secondary colors (for shoulders, etcetera) are dark blue, green and yellow.

Beskads will be allowed, but not in lieu of a blaster of some sort. One can have both, or leave off the beskad. As for the gauntlets, both will be required, even though there's one guy with just one gauntlet. We also never see Vizsla wear a helmet, but that doesn't mean we'll allow someone to leave off the helmet.

Generic pouches will be allowed, as well as variation to the damage on the Death Watch sigil. It will be required on the shoulder, though. Again, even though one guy had it differently, the group as a whole adhered to a particular look. Crush-gaunt-style gloves will be required. Although there isn't clear view of them in the comic, every mention of them states that the DW wore crushies.

Hopefully it will be finished and posted up soonest.

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: Aug 27, 2011, 07:52 AM »
Alrighty fellow Death Watchers :P

My OSDW bucket has arrived (and it's beautiful I may add) and I will be trimming, filling and sanding the bucket tonight, I'll post up before and after pics as soon as.

And so my Tor Viszla build has begun :)

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #35 on: Aug 27, 2011, 08:53 AM »
Shiny ;D.

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #37 on: Nov 22, 2011, 05:16 PM »
OK, This is what I have in mind for my next build / Brigade build...

What colors would you say the flight suit / vest should be?   8)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Hondo Karr

« Reply #38 on: Nov 22, 2011, 06:57 PM »
From that artwork, charcoal grey.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!