Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Great Galactic War mandos

• 8 Replies

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Great Galactic War mandos
« on: Sep 10, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Would the armor worn by mandalorians during the Great Galactic War be considered Neo-crusader types?

Such as the armor of Mandalore the Lesser and mandos of that period

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mandalore_General_Maximus.jpg

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Great Galactic War mandos
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2010, 11:04 PM »
That's from the Star Wars TOR game right? The problem with the game is that it doesn't look like it's really going to fit into the canon, per se. A lot of the mando stuff looks mismatched across the eras; we've even seen modern era plates, despite the game taking place a few thousand years ago. That particular armor show is NC, except for the helmet.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2010, 12:18 AM »
I just figured that since this was from the videos lucasarts made, that they'd be considered canon. I have another pic of a mando from that era that has a boxy version of the NC plate I wanna do, I'll post that one soon when I upload it to photobucket because I forgot which page it was on for wookiepedia.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2010, 04:33 PM »
It's not that it's not considered canon. However, those types of games are literally the lowest form of canon on the canon hierachy and are typically considered moot as they are put together for game play only. Now, any books or comics that come out as a result of the game will have more canon weight.

However, as Slade has mentioned, this will likely not be classed as an Era for CRL's as there is a mix of armor types from the deep past and far far future all lumped together making fitting it into our Era classes nearly impossible.... TOR Era: Do whatever the heck you want. Just doesn't sit well.

What would happen is if a kit were built from TOR or inspried by TOR, the applicant would need to classify it on their app with the most relevant CRL. In other words, the applicant/builder needs to read the CRL's and figure out where they belong. Improper classification can cause a passing app to be denied.

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2010, 04:04 PM »
One of the reasons i ask, is because the NC pic for applications is a NC from the GGW.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2010, 04:14 PM »
It's just an example picture, and follows the standard Neo Crusader appearance anyway. Like I said above, many of the mandos shown are a mismatched bunch from every era. Some of them are bound to be correct for a certain era, Neo Crusader, late Crusader, etcetera, but if you're using an image from TOR as inspiration, you have to match it to the proper era and follow those CRLs.

In other words, if you wanted to do a kit based on the link you put above, you could, but you'd have to change the helmet to match the standard Neo Crusader appearance for it to be approved by the App team.

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2010, 06:04 PM »
I just want the shoulders for them.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2010, 06:12 PM »
Yes then, those shoulders are in fact Neo Crusader style shoulders.

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2010, 07:25 PM »
What about the boxy ones from te application pic? Those would be an easier build.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!