Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Legacy Era Mandalorian Armor- Reference Pictures

• 32 Replies
Legacy Era Mandalorian Armor- Reference Pictures
« on: Sep 11, 2010, 05:23 PM »
These *used* to be up here on Mercs, but vanished in the server change. Here they are, re-posted. Every relevant page from the Legacy Comic that features Mandos on it.

I have some zoomed in shots and such of certain tricksy body armor pieces here and there i'll be posting later

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2014, 12:20 PM by Rokeim Gekla » Logged
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Legacy Era Mandalorian Armor- Reference Pictures
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Very Cool! These'll be useful in my build!

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2010, 05:29 PM »
Trac, had you seen the templates Raltho and I tossed up?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2010, 05:31 PM »
Trac, had you seen the templates Raltho and I tossed up?

Got 'em already printed out and I'm beginning pre-planning. I should be putting up a WIP in about a week.

M.A.J.I.C. #103
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Makin sure, I knew you and Drak were working on stuff from this! i'll be waiting on the WIP!

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2010, 02:05 AM »
Chiming in. You shouldn't have to wait too much longer for the WIP. We've just been planning and brain storming. I doubt you need them as you probably saved all the pictures however if you do, would you like me to give you/post the zoomed reference shots I got for this thread?

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2010, 02:07 AM »
If you have the time, that would be great.. I'm meeting with a Clan mate for a good amount tomorrow, and then once the back plate is scanned in, i'll be going MIA until I get myself armored up

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2010, 02:13 AM »
If you have the time, that would be great.. I'm meeting with a Clan mate for a good amount tomorrow, and then once the back plate is scanned in, i'll be going MIA until I get myself armored up

Your wish is my command.

Here are all the zoomed shots I took from the legacy comic.

Gauntlets

Legs.

Backplate.

Helmet cheek detail.

Thats it. All the questionable areas people wonder about isolated. Hope that makes it easier for everyone.

Side note. I'll be looking forward to your progress Ijaat.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Dragon Sunkiller

• Always remember.... that way you never forget!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2010, 03:19 AM »
This will be very fell for my build when I get the time! Unfortunately, the NCAA doesn't really give much time off....  :P

M.A.J.I.C. #057
OM# 371
« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2010, 01:13 AM »
This will be very fell for my build when I get the time! Unfortunately, the NCAA doesn't really give much time off....  :P

Just remember to stop by the template thread and toss up your WIP so we can all track ya :D And don't feel afraid to PM for advice, or post up questions on the ref pics here.

Ca Loar

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2010, 10:09 PM »
That's It KNOCK IT OFF!   ;)
Cause now I wanna make this kit
Darn you you Ijat  :D ;D

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11245490_677274702400729_7769850639631025562_n.jpg?oh=d6e4bfb8c89920e3690b9ac545515935&oe=5613E63B[img]

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2010, 10:57 PM »
That's It KNOCK IT OFF!   ;)
Cause now I wanna make this kit
Darn you you Ijat  :D ;D

If you havent started on it by January seeing mine in person will probably really fire you up!

« Reply #12 on: Sep 16, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Glad they're an inspiration!

Sorry the backplate is taking so long! Baby had an ear infection until Tuesday, a friend startted working same place as me yesterday, and last night I managed to run outside in the rain, barefoot in a bathrobe, to roll up car windows and am fairly certain I'm running a fever now.. Which is stupid.. NEVER get your feet damp and cold and then heat them immediately after... Equals to one sick mando.

However, tomorrow we should be slated good to go, and if not then, Sunday is an armor party, with plenty of helping hands gonna be there!

Ca Loar

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Sep 16, 2010, 11:21 PM »
If you havent started on it by January seeing mine in person will probably really fire you up!
Well, I was Looking at having new armor for the parade :rolleyes:

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11245490_677274702400729_7769850639631025562_n.jpg?oh=d6e4bfb8c89920e3690b9ac545515935&oe=5613E63B[img]

Beviin Atin Eparavu

• Barrel Eparavu. Disgruntled clone and general jerk
« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Wow! Vor'e Ijaat! I never knew what legacy mandos look like. I love the helmets-- Looked like a... Tri-visor.

Daddy will always love his little girl. I miss you, Jenny.

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #15 on: Sep 21, 2010, 02:22 PM »
I'm adding more pics to this thread with Ijaat's blessing.  While they are duplicates I went ahead and edited them frame by frame to try and get the maximum detail possible without losing image integrity.  So here they are in no particular order...

Those who wander aren't always lost.
« Reply #16 on: Sep 21, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Thanks man! Some of those I hadn't ever seen before, and a few of them certainly showed an interesting angle to the shoulders.

No'saj Huune

« Reply #17 on: Sep 24, 2010, 01:28 PM »
I really think all the buy'ce's have red visors.  While some of the static shots do show them in black, I think it was more due the artist trying to show distance than anything else.  I could be wrong though and can admit that.  One thing I'll say though is that I really don't care for the female buy'ce presented and hope its just a custom job and not the standard for fem'mando.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Sep 24, 2010, 02:40 PM »
I'd go for black to be honest. In many artistic renderings of Boba Fett, he's seen with a red hued visor. However, we know from the movies it's black... well, actually dark green.

bh1138

« Reply #19 on: Sep 24, 2010, 03:06 PM »
I'd go for black to be honest. In many artistic renderings of Boba Fett, he's seen with a red hued visor. However, we know from the movies it's black... well, actually dark green.
I'd have to disagree here. Honestly, I think it's pretty obviously supposed to be a reflective red tinted visor. While the point about Boba is true, there's a big difference here in that, with Fett, it's an inaccurate representation of a film character. In this case, you're dealing with characters which have only ever appeared in this single comic issue and going with black would be directly contradicting our only reference. I'd say that, for named characters at least, you should go with red. With a generic grunt you can probably do whatever you want, I just happen to think the red looks cooler. ;)

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #20 on: Sep 24, 2010, 03:39 PM »
I agree. The only reference is red. Until other sources say otherwise, we should use known parameters.

M.A.J.I.C. #103

Hondo Karr

« Reply #21 on: Sep 24, 2010, 04:04 PM »
Yeah, that could be true. Good luck with that! lol.  ;D

Droten Cabur

• My Mandalorian/Katarn hybrid
« Reply #22 on: Oct 06, 2010, 09:23 AM »
Just curious but are there alot of members on mercs who have made Legacy Era armor or is it still fairly small in the club?

I admit the last thing I knew about the expanded universe time line was the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and I am just now learning about all the events that happened after that (and am kind of confused by alot of it) so this is also a first for me in seeing a Legacy Era mando.

Also can anyone point me in the right direction as far as requirements for the armor? And am I right in saying that Mandos of this era are more unified and military based versus the mainly mercenary vibe from the Galactic Empire days? I know that Jango is Mandalore and that he has made trading agreements with the verpine, and that beskar has been found again on Mandalore.

Oya Ner'vod

Hondo Karr

« Reply #23 on: Oct 06, 2010, 09:40 AM »
It's realitivly small. I made the first set followed by Ijaat. There's maybe 1/2 dozen more at this point.

At the moment, we're considering this to still be Modern Era for a variety of reasons. So, the normal Modern Era CRl's apply which means that one doesnt have to do a full Legacy Era kit or, the can. As long as they dont apply as a face character there is no higher standard than existing requirements.

Most of us, including me, have hybrid kits. Legacy style plates combined with Fett style or/and custom style.

No'saj Huune

« Reply #24 on: Oct 06, 2010, 09:48 AM »
And am I right in saying that Mandos of this era are more unified and military based versus the mainly mercenary vibe from the Galactic Empire days? I know that Jango is Mandalore and that he has made trading agreements with the verpine, and that beskar has been found again on Mandalore.

Not to stray off topic but to answer your question, nobody is really sure.  The Mandalorians were featured in this single issue so there's no details of what has happened between the Legacy series of novels and the Legacy comic series.  For the most part I believe the majority of fans agree that this was just another job that paid enough for a large amount of Mando's to work on.  As for the military aspect, thats always been there, working together towards a common goal, you just never really see it as the majority of stories focus on one of the Fetts.

Back on topic.... I'm considering Legacy armor but just not sure how it'll work so I can bend at the waist since I would like metal plates.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!