Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cape Design

• 18 Replies

Arch

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions.
Re: Cape Design
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2010, 08:53 PM »
If you choose to paint it...

A well-made stencil (get out some card stock or posterboard and an X-acto knife) and some acrylic paint can do wonders. Make sure your stencil is right up against the fabric. Use a foam paint roller to apply the paint-- Make sure it's well soaked first.

If you do this method (or spray paint), be careful not to apply too much paint! It'll bleed up through the fabric under your stencil and make the art blotchy.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2010, 10:05 PM »
who me?
No, the original poster, Andale. He's a local, sort of. He already added the skull to his cape.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Gage Aldan

• The world can be changed by one person.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2010, 10:12 PM »
oh. ok. lol.

btw i used a stencil with silver krylon spraypaint. used some clear coat, and washed it. its fine.

It's not about the money, it's about sending a message.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 13, 2010, 03:07 PM »
oh. ok. lol.

btw i used a stencil with silver krylon spraypaint. used some clear coat, and washed it. its fine.

Yeah, this should be fine. It doesn't have to stand up to many washings since it's a cape and wont come in direct contact with gross human residue much, if at all.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!