Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Possible Ammo Belt?

• 10 Replies

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Best Blaster: Pistol is the award for the best pistol. Funny that!
Possible Ammo Belt?
« on: Sep 29, 2010, 08:52 AM »
I was doing some digging and found this old ammo belt pictured below.  It's certainly weathered and I wanted to get some opinions if this would be a suitable ammo belt for trooping?

As always, thanks much!

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Arketh

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Possible Ammo Belt?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2010, 09:03 AM »
Yep. Works great.

I personally cut off the shoulder straps, and added a clip to the waist straps, but I use nearly the same thing.

"You know, that's not a good idea. Let me get my camera."

Manji

• OM #429 & Mr. Bulloch
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Haha, I have the same belt I got for like $2 at a local pawn & hunting shop. But I plan to heavily modify because on my frame, it takes up my entire stomach area. I plan on cutting out and only using four of the pouches, two on the left, two on the right, on a new belt.

Talon Clan Expat | Taakure Clan Transplant

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Very nice  ;)

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Best Blaster: Pistol is the award for the best pistol. Funny that!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Excellent, thank you all for the guidance!  I was toying with the idea to make thin plastic inserts to flesh out the pockets while still allowing them to store various items of mercenary delight....   ;)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Good idea  ;)

Diniíla Keldab

• Formerly Spazzertech
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Anyone knoe the name of this style? Would make searching for one on-line a tad easier, I like the look as well

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving's NOT for you!

Fight Rush Hour Traffic! Legalize Vehicular Weaponry

Zedrin Ho'dag

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2010, 09:57 AM »
I searched for ammo belt on eBay and found all different styles and prices.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Its a chest rig for an sks. They are on ebay or at any gun show for cheap

Fratri, Discipuli, Ductores. Lead the way!!!!!!

Buy'ce WIP, http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=33051.msg467041#msg467041
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2010, 01:31 PM »
it is either vietnamese or russian, ( can't really tell that well, )   used. to carry stripper clips for the sks rifle. it is a canvas material and very durable. but before you cut, read up on it. some of these are going for $$$$$ i sold one similar to yours for $90.00, museums and such are buying them for vietnam war displays. just like the Swedish Mauser M1910 Leather Ammo Belt. they used to sell for 10.00 and now they are going for 60 to 85.00 for the leather...watch band makers are grabbing them up left and right to make watch bands and the watch bands are not cheap at all. a band will cost you about 250.00.. hope this helps everyone out... if you are intersted in getting a mauser belt email me and i will refer you to a guy that sells them for 36.00

A warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he's clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything.
« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Thanks for the info Ajax I will keep that in mind before I part with the ones I have. I have picked them up at gun shows over the years and let my kids use them to play army with.

Fratri, Discipuli, Ductores. Lead the way!!!!!!

Buy'ce WIP, http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=33051.msg467041#msg467041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!