Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scrap Wood Ammo pouches ? / Belt W.I.P.

• 28 Replies
Re: Scrap Wood Ammo pouches ? / Belt W.I.P.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2010, 08:15 PM »
I was going to put this on my own thread but since my tuorial would've been the same I figured I'd show my finished product on this thread. I changed the sizes of the template to my liking but everything else was the same. Here are some pics of the ammo pouch belt I assembled tonight...took about an hour to cover all the blocks.

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2010, 11:51 PM by silverBoyd » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Wow , Nice job ner ' vod .   8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 100 official invasions. 2016 Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events
« Reply #17 on: Oct 26, 2010, 11:30 PM »
I am loving this idea.  Tell me, where did you get the templates for cutting the final, and how can I get it?

Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:05 AM »
I am loving this idea.  Tell me, where did you get the templates for cutting the final, and how can I get it?

Here is what I started with , then customized as needed .   8)

http://www.tk409.com/images/fett/ammobelt/tutorial/index.html

« Reply #19 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:31 AM »
As a side note, I've seen some people take thinner sheets of MDF or hard wood and make hinged belt boxes similar to this... Wish I could find the thread/pics, but I may have to try this soon for myself, I can't seem to find the needle for my awl. And the one I have is wedged in, not so sure it's shapr anymore.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #20 on: Oct 27, 2010, 08:42 AM »
Here are some screenshots of the CAD files I made to create the size of the wood blocks & the size of the vinyl covering and pouch flaps. These dimension are based around a piece of 2x4. Each block really only take 2-3 cuts

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2010, 08:43 AM by silverBoyd » Logged

ConDar Ward

« Reply #21 on: Oct 27, 2010, 09:14 AM »
Yikes ! !    :o

I just cut one block  to my liking on my chop saw ( miter box ) , then Copied it " Via' pencil " to the next block .

I just eyeballed the Rest ......    Hinged blocks or boxes seem like a Waste of time & added Weight .
 That is unless the Leather or Vinyl was the " Hinged section " that would be fine . But still a PITA to cover correctly . IMO
Thus the Scrap wood reference .  I guess if I wanted Semi / functional pouches I would get some UG ones of eBay .

My whole Rig cost me like  $2.00 for craft staples ( I had everything else lying around ) and about 4 hrs of my time .........
 But I would figure someone could do it for about 5 - $10.00 .  Depending on Quality of Materials .

Good luck Vod .

« Reply #22 on: Oct 27, 2010, 09:49 AM »
That's what I did too. Just took scrap wood lying around and made 2-3 cuts on the blocks.

« Reply #23 on: Oct 27, 2010, 10:02 AM »
I'm curious... about how much does the finished product weigh?

ConDar Ward

« Reply #24 on: Oct 27, 2010, 11:52 AM »
That's what I did too. Just took scrap wood lying around and made 2-3 cuts on the blocks.

B.I.N.G.O.   ! !     ;)

I'm curious... about how much does the finished product weigh?

Mine weighs less than a " Real "  ammo belt loaded .... hahahaha ....

I'd say  , 1 - 2 lbs ...... which seems heavy ........ But think of a pound of butter   :rolleyes:........ it's not much .

My bucket weighs more ......  :D

« Reply #25 on: Oct 27, 2010, 01:49 PM »
That's pretty light weight! It'll troop really well.

Just the leather required to make a "real" belt weighs more than that, and that's not including the hardware that holds it together. Then if you go putting your keys, wallet, phone in the pouches it'll weigh even more.

Good to know!

Kaden'Dha Runi

• Mandaddy
  • Bringing Vengeance to the Galaxy
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 100 official invasions. 2016 Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events
« Reply #26 on: Oct 29, 2010, 01:20 AM »
Thanks for the schematics.  Should be quick and relatively easy.

Manda'galaar Clan Los Angeles, CA (USA) #0348      "Hell Hath No Fury Like Mando Vengeance"     M.A.J.I.C. #0051     B.O.M.B. #0013

Ha'sid

• Eater of worlds
« Reply #27 on: Nov 07, 2010, 03:01 AM »
Ya know I once see someone use some thick card stock and stapled a material of choice over it, altered the design a touch so they could be functional.

ConDar Ward

« Reply #28 on: Nov 07, 2010, 11:10 AM »
I could see that working , But I didn't need them to be Functional .

They serve the purpose I need them for for .  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!