Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Enter the "Dragon"

• 9 Replies
Enter the "Dragon"
« on: Oct 23, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Here is a preview of my armor it still  needs a lot of work , but being unemployed keeps me from finishing my armor sooner

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonofadam/5107654955/

I tried to base it on some medieval style and 'Dragon" theme, the armor is textured to simulate Dragon scales. not the best picture but it gives an idea on what my armor will look like. As soon as i figure out how to post a picture here all i can do is a flickr link

Thank you all

Max
Dragon

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Enter the "Dragon"
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2010, 03:03 PM »
Looks good , but you need to tighten up those plates to your body .

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2010, 03:26 PM »
Thank you , yes,  as i said it needs A LOT OF WORK, LOL!!!

virusq

• Dha Ka'ra
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2010, 05:00 PM »
Looks fantastic, man!  I think you just need to mold the plates to fit you a tad bit better.  :)

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Excellent color and paint work.  Remember that for when you fix the rest.

I concur, the plates are very very bad.  You're probably better off starting over on the chest.  The legs on the other hand fit well and seem to sit on you correctly, but the approval team may think the knees are to recognizably sports armor, even though I like them the way they are.  As well, the back plate is sitting too high and lifting over your shoulders, and the vest might be a little too loose. (Vest fitting is my personal hangup, a well-fitted vest makes the plates look that much better.)

Even though the chest plates are bad, they are at least about the right size for you.  I would recommend adding a girth belt as well, to make the cod less imposing and to tie it in with the belly plate.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Enough has been said ....... &  I concur ........

Very nice Start  Vod .  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2010, 02:57 AM »
I like your color scheme

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2010, 02:55 PM »
A better picture of my armor still long ways to go to make it look better, added cape and dust skirt. modified vest a bit, still need to re-bend chest armor,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonofadam/5111016943/

Thank you everyone for the input

Dragon

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Can you embed the pix with the [img] code instead of links?

Jazz

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2010, 09:44 PM »
they probably mentioned it but the knees need some modding, its not a hard fix,looks great so far as well!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!