Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

my girth belt progress

• 13 Replies
my girth belt progress
« on: Oct 25, 2010, 01:18 PM »
I've started working on my girth belt this weekend. I took the idea from www.tk409.com, he had a great tutorial for making an inexpensive girth belt. Even though it's right out of his tutorial, I'll be documenting the process of constructing mine. I started with buying 50 feet of 1/4" nylon rope from the hardware store. Instead of using RIT dye I decided to spray paint the rope. Turned out ok i think. I then cut the rope into (16) equal lengths. Here's what I have so far....tonight i'll start stitching them together.

Re: my girth belt progress
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2010, 10:17 PM »
Is this for a Jango girth belt or a Boba girth belt?

Bralor Skirata

• Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2010, 10:49 PM »
looks to be a good result, will be watching your work and if all goes well i may give it a shot myself, good luck ner vod.

Mando'ade: Urakto, Jate'shya, Iviin'yc, Dralshy'a.
Mandalorians: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2010, 08:04 AM »
Boba girth belt.....why?

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2010, 10:25 AM »
The boba and jango girth belts are almost completely different from each other and I was just wondering which you were making. If you're following the tutorial at tk409 I'm sure it's going to come out great! Keep us updated on the progress  8)

If you were going to be working a Jango one I was going to refer you to my soft parts WIP thread(it's got Vest wip in it, too): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=30314.0

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2010, 10:26 AM by DorkLogic » Logged
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2010, 11:09 PM »
Got the first half of the ropes sewn together...I'd post a picture but it doesn't look much different than it did in the above picture. Once I attach the rope to my nylon strap belt, i'll post the finishing pictures. Hopefully by Friday afternoon I'll be finished

« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2010, 10:55 PM »
after 3 hours of working on the belt today, I have sewn together all 16 pieces of rope & have sewn on one side of the belt connectors. I'm about 75% complete w/ this belt

Da'Rang Falco

• The Thread Killer!
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2010, 04:43 PM »
Okay, so I'm looking at starting my own Girth belt as well.  How did you sew these pieces together?

Visit my Blog and Podcast at:  http://www.galaxycast.com
My company:  http://www.starproductions.co.nr
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2010, 06:02 PM »
looks grate i was going to try a girth belt with my kit but wasn't sure how to go about it. i think ill be following your lead on this one. thanks for the step by step.

Garik Xemo Fett

• Shoot first ask Questions later
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2010, 09:55 PM »
i like this idea i think i might try it out and see how it works out

« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2010, 03:41 PM »
thanks guys....I just sewed together the ropes using a simple needle and thread (sewing by hand). It's tedious and time consuming but turns out. I sewed the 8 pieces of rope together @ 5-6 different points (doing that twice) and then sewing all 16 pieces of rope together at 4-5 different points to make it all into 1 belt measuring roughly 7" thick i believe when all is said and done.

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2010, 03:54 PM »
This is cool to see someone doing one of these. I'm not happy with my current girth belt and plan to do another that is a bit wider to help hide the gut  :P. Hopefully, I'll have some time to get it done this winter when it's too cold to work in the garage.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2010, 01:54 PM »
Is there any kind of backing on these? Or are the ropes going to sit freely on top of your belly and be free to move individually?

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2010, 02:07 PM »
I know with my rope girthbelt there is no backing, but the ropes are tied together at the ends and in the middle.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!