Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fem-mando Early Crusader (APPROVED)

• 1322 Replies

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (start of ARMOR pg.35)
« Reply #500 on: May 25, 2011, 10:13 PM »
You're gonna look soo wicked once your good and done.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #501 on: May 26, 2011, 03:57 AM »
Can you warn a guy before you post more pics :P I almost broke my neck slipping in one of the puddles in here ;D.

Beautiful as always though, I'm deffinetly going to have to find a way to get out to what ever Con you debue this at.

Have a good one,
Hagen

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #502 on: May 26, 2011, 05:08 AM »
Thank you everyone. ;D I have the base coat sprayed on the plates and they're ready for their bone treatment. I'm getting excited, all I have left to build is my shoulders, then it's just sewing, final assembly of pieces and getting it all on. Getting closer. Yay!

Drak, if it wasn't for seeing several of your threads, I wouldn't have even been inspired to attempt this build! Seeing the way you built stuff made me think, yeah, I can do this! Lol, plus you've been a great help through PM's and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and tips with me.  ;D

Well, if you can't make the debut Hagen, I'm hoping to get to go to SDCC '12 next summer, so maybe we'll get to meet there. ;)

Come on then Kora, I'd be glad to help ya.  ;)

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #503 on: May 26, 2011, 05:55 AM »
excellent work, looks great  ;)

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #504 on: May 26, 2011, 10:37 AM »
They look amazing!!!  Already far past 99% of the people that say they want to do this project. <3 

How do you get any work done while talking to some of us all day? ;) 

Oh, I will finish, I WILL.  :D

What can I say, I'm a multitasker.  ;) LOL

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #505 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42 AM »
I like that the knees are uneven; same with the details on the thighs. After all, this era's supposed to consist of armor that's largely self-made, or crudely hand made by a clan armorer. Of course, they also had hyperspace capable ships and thus should know how to properly mass produce armor, but, well, we won't go there  :rolleyes:. :P.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
« Reply #506 on: May 26, 2011, 11:03 AM »
I like that the knees are uneven; same with the details on the thighs. After all, this era's supposed to consist of armor that's largely self-made, or crudely hand made by a clan armorer. Of course, they also had hyperspace capable ships and thus should know how to properly mass produce armor, but, well, we won't go there  :rolleyes:. :P.

I know, that's been bugging me too (over thinker here), so I've tried to keep it a "neatly done" organic. I mean their armorer's had to have pride of craftsmanship, right? Plus I figure most of the details were already there because they were made from existing bone, so those parts are different but they were made on exactly the same base templates. Anyway, glad to know it comes across well. Thanks Slade. ;D

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #507 on: May 26, 2011, 03:01 PM »
I know, that's been bugging me too (over thinker here), so I've tried to keep it a "neatly done" organic. I mean their armorer's had to have pride of craftsmanship, right? Plus I figure most of the details were already there because they were made from existing bone, so those parts are different but they were made on exactly the same base templates. Anyway, glad to know it comes across well. Thanks Slade. ;D

Well no two crusaders were alike if i remember correctly. They only started looking uniform when Neos came about and even then Mandalore the Ultimate didn't like the uniformity. Personally i like how none of the crusaders armor looked alike lol Anyway back on topic. Love the plates vod! keep up the good work  ;)

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #508 on: May 26, 2011, 03:18 PM »
damn.

I want to do this now. using the cans and buckets was a great idea.

It will be awesome when its official and will set a standard for early crusader Kits. The Mercs will be proud to have this kit counted in the ranks ;D

Keep it up.

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
« Reply #509 on: May 26, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Aaahhhhh *warm fuzzy feeling*

;D Thanks...now lets get moving and come join me!  ;) :D

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
« Reply #510 on: May 26, 2011, 04:40 PM »
join me!

hey! no mind tricks >:(

;D

Now when you finish you have to make a War droid.

yes!

I,m actually working on one of those ;) built a helm a long time ago....

@seugtai; how are you doing the hoses? regular? or maybe some kind of organic looking umbilical would be cool.

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
« Reply #511 on: May 26, 2011, 05:03 PM »
This is what I bought to use for my hoses, it's a corrugated dishwasher hose. Although I may have to go out looking again, it's kinda of stiff for the short lengths I'll be using. We'll see.

Oh yes, just what I need, my own float for the parade. You volunteering to pull me in it?   :D :P

hey! no mind tricks >:(

Who ME??? *whistling innocently*  :P

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
« Reply #512 on: May 26, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Oh! the Basilisk. why was I thinking of war droid troops? :P

now that would be chock-full-o-awesomeness to see at Celebration or something!

on topic.

did you do a test paint? some of those plastics won't hold it. or try wrapping the hose tightly with thin tan cloth or leather to get a good effect for the kit. you got a coupling to go with the hose ends? sometimes soda bottle necks can fit the screw part. or some washers stacked then fitted inside the end can slide over the posts. a magnet at the base of the post can hold it down...........now you got me started.  :P

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
M.A.J.I.C # 008
« Reply #513 on: May 26, 2011, 10:13 PM »
You are an artist with bondo.

Born terminal.

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #514 on: May 26, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Naast had jokingly mentioned it before for the D.con parade (since it's our turf) and have it built around a tractor. :P

Hey my clans making the Slave 1 out of a VW beetle  :P You could tottaly build a Basilisk War Droid out of a tractor lol

This build is really making me want to build a crusader kit.... Keep up the good work vod

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #515 on: May 27, 2011, 05:34 AM »
If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, I recommend gas mask hoses.
They're wider than what you had planned, I'll admit, but they're extremely flexible.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
« Reply #516 on: May 27, 2011, 10:13 AM »
Jagen, I think I love you...that is an excellent suggestion! Thank you, thank you, thank you!  ;D

When searching for them I found the Russian ones and the piece that connects to the mask that I have circled will be perfect for what I need as my attachment piece in my leather chest piece, which I had been stumped on. Added bonus, YAY!
Question-So should I leave the hoses as is or should I paint them?

You are an artist with bondo.

^This made me die laughing. Thanks.  :D

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53 AM »
If you get the same one as pictured Seugtai, I'd be of the mind set to leave it as is. Maybe a brown and black wash or two, but that would be it.

Have a good one,
Hagen

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2011, 12:05 PM »
I got one also, but not the hose for some reason, just mask and cannister.

should I leave the hoses as is or should I paint them?

.......and its the perfect color to match the kit. I say leave it ;)

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Carter

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Also if you need any smaller leather hoses, you could go with Hooka Hoses.  Just an idea....

M.A.J.I.C. #118

Join The Mercs, Visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #520 on: May 27, 2011, 01:54 PM »
I doubt seugtai will actually breathe through those hoses.

Yeah, that's exactly the same I have.
Never got around to use them for what I wanted, though.

Jagen, I think I love you...that is an excellent suggestion! Thank you, thank you, thank you!  ;D
Wait with such statements until you know my sarcastic part.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (painted ARMOR pg.37)
« Reply #521 on: May 27, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Yes, there will be NO breathing through the hoses. LOL The only part on the mask I will be using is the part circled, and it will be cut off and attached to my chest piece, so I can attach my hose that goes there. (see concept art pg. 1)

I believe I will leave the hoses as is and just do what Hagen suggested and weather them a bit. Thanks for your opinions everyone.  ;D

I finished painting my armor pieces this morning. Only shoulders to go!

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #522 on: May 27, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Thats nice , Getting better all the time . I will give this a go some day , Really cant wait to see it complete and standing up sweety vod  ;) Youve got that bone look down pat , I think this kit will look very intimidating .

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2011, 02:32 PM »
The thigh plates remind me of a old dead turtle shells.. In other words, nice work!

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Shab this gets better everytime I look at it, great work! :D

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!