Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Red Bull Grenade Belt

• 10 Replies
Red Bull Grenade Belt
« on: Nov 11, 2010, 02:33 PM »
I've been working on this idea of using a grenade belt for my mando.

A few weeks ago, it hit me, why not use the 8oz Red Bull cans as smoke or flash bangs. Something like that.

Anyway, here's the mock up I came up with.

Ideas and suggestions are always welcome.

As of right now, I'm using some black shoe laces to tie them in. But I'm also thinking I'll need to put something inside the cans for added weight and stability. I did that to the one on the far right, and it began to fall out after only a few moments. I put caulking in it. Made it ready for steel wool, but almost not worth it for the other cans as it would probably add far too much weight.

The plan is to fill these cans with something to make them stable. Then use steel wool to get all the emblems off. Fix some sort of detonator looking cap to the top and paint. Maybe put some sort of explosives message in mando'a.

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Red Bull Grenade Belt
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Use expanding foam to fill them. Light wieght yet firm when it sets up. Do NOT get the "large crack" kind, though. I got some of this and it only expands if has direct air. This makes the outer part expand snd set up, but leaves the middle still gooey...until the air finally gets to it. Then it starts expanding again and makes a terrible mess.

Spray some into the can. not much, just a little. Let it expand an hour or so, then shoot more in. Keep doing this little by little until it starts to expand out. Then, when it finally stops, trim off any that pushed out and you have a foam filled can that won't crush easily but is still pretty light wieght. I used this technique on the fuel bottles for my flame thrower (made out of NOS energy drink bottles and some cone things) and it worked great.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Or... keep them full of Red Bull (paint em black or something) and drink them as you go.

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Or... keep them full of Red Bull (paint em black or something) and drink them as you go.

heh yeah prove how awesome you are, making people think mandos drink explosive liquid :)

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2010, 12:45 AM »
To help keep them in place no matter the weight, what if you velcro them? Add a piece of velcro to the can and then to the belt. That may hold them in place better.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2010, 12:46 AM »
That is a possibility. Just be sure to pack super glue with you. I use industrial velcro with my armor and I have had 2 mishaps where the velcro fell off. I think my body heat plus the AZ heat killed the glue. I basically took some super glue and put the piece back on. Or you can carry a spare piece of sticky velcro. Maybe there is a way to some how tack them or nail them permanently to your belt?  Maybe snaps instead of velcro?

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2010, 04:25 AM »
Good idea , but i hate that stuff - makes me jumpy  :D I used to drink it by the gallon when i worked security 14 hour shifts . I was higher than a pilots lunch box wi that sugar water  ;D

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2010, 04:22 PM »
The best way may just end up being that they are moved into place rather than fixing them with some sort of velcro, snaps or glue.

Maybe I'll have to actually create a sort of 'cup holder' to resolve the issue. Then bolt, create a snap or tie in the holder. that would probably work. I have a ton of sintra, so maybe I'll do a mock up the next time I'm working on it.

Tiros Thanos

• Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:03 PM »
heh yeah prove how awesome you are, making people think mandos drink explosive liquid :)
what?? you mean you DONT drink tetryl????

If you want peace, prepare for war. If you want to win, hire me.....

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!