Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Re: Niabi's Buy'ce (SAZ Celtic)(WIP) (Finished Pics Page 8)

• 116 Replies

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
My Saz Celtic Buy'ce has arrived and im starting work on it :)

here is my Saz Celtic

I'm planing on having a rear vent on the Helmet partly to dump some heat out but I think it will look cool to
Here is the ruff positioning.

and

hoping to do some work this weekend will post with updates when I have them :D

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011, 09:21 AM by Niabi » Logged

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Niabi's Buy'ce (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Did a little work this weekend.

Cut out T-Visor, added a little damage, cut out part of ear (this will be a vent), and cut the rear vent.

I was quite pleased with how rear vent came out. It was not perfectly square but I was going for that as if it was perfect it would look too new I really wanted it to look used.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Coming together nicely!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2010, 01:32 PM »
nice  ;)

Tracinya Falco

• "Don't let my mini blasters fool you!".
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2010, 04:29 PM »
That's freaking awesome. :o

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Looks good! I like the positioning of those vents.

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2010, 11:57 AM »
OMG that is Epic!  ;D

USMC- Mandeplorable

Prudii Vok'Chi

• Official Number 0014
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Looking good :)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2011, 12:29 PM »
Its been a bit of time as Christmas and snow got in the way but im back working on this bad boy.
I added a little bit extra damage to it.

I have modified the right ear. Im going to be adding some aerials and heat sink.

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2011, 01:37 PM »
That is seriously a sweet design. I love the Celtic art....wish I had thought of doing something like that in my design.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2011, 12:42 PM »
That is seriously a sweet design. I love the Celtic art....wish I had thought of doing something like that in my design.
all credit for the Celtic art has to do to SAZ. he does amazing work.

on the build front things going slow due to cold wet weather and the fact i have to do it all out side :( but looks like it might be dry(er) this weekend so might get some stuff done.   

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2011, 01:12 PM »
gee wiz, that sure is a purdy buy'ce

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Applied two coats of primer

after the primer had dried I applied the silver paint but Oh Shab got to close with paint can and looks like I will be sanding down and re painting. Oh well you learn from your mistakes. (and the sanding will be my punishment LOL) 

Udesla Kyramud

• "Eloquence belongs to the Conqueror"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2011, 02:06 PM »
This is looking really sweet!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2011, 03:29 PM »
well sanded down and cleaned and re primed and then silver and its a lot better but still a few bits where the paint seams to have little spots in the silver paint. There v small can as there going to be like 4 or 5 coats of different paints over the silver I reckon it will be OK. + if it dose show though it will prob look like more weathering.
Any hoo here she is

and here are the “spots”

any body had this happen? And do you reckon that it will look ok once I get the 4 or 5 coats of other colours on there and weather it?

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2011, 03:49 PM »
that silver has come out very nice, niabi. keep it up vod  ;) .

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Well i have applied my masking fluid and let it dry. I went to put the next layer of paint (rust colour) and i got about 1/2 way round the helmet  before the paint ran out. Grrrrrr so looks like i will be popping to my local hardware store to pick up some more, only prob is im going to have to wait till pay day to do it. :(

Udesla Kyramud

• "Eloquence belongs to the Conqueror"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:05 PM »
Make sure you're taking pics as you're working on it.  It'll be great to see the before and after shots. 

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Always buy a little more paint than ye need mate  ;) Liking the build so far .

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #19 on: Feb 21, 2011, 12:20 PM »
Well got some more “Rust” paint and finished the rust coat. Here it is:

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #20 on: Feb 21, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Removed masking fluid so weathering is now under way. What do you think so far?
There is going to be 1 more Undercoat colour before I go for the top coat colour. 

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 21, 2011, 02:36 PM »
Looking good mate  ;)

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #22 on: Feb 21, 2011, 03:53 PM »
yep, what Kel said  ;)

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 21, 2011, 08:26 PM »
Really nice work on this, you've done a great job on modding and painting it.

As for the spots, I wouldn't worry about them. The helmet is suppossed to look used, unless you want it to look like a brand new helmet. That means damage. Those spots looke like you got hit with very strong acid and it "etched" some of your helm, and then you got it cleaned up and repaired afterwards, then added some new paint to it since that damage was taken. I always feel that a helmet should have multiple layers of damage and paint and weathering and such to really give it a lived in feel.

Think about it some, as you go through your travels, you are going to take damage, get scuffs etc. You get done with your mission, you go home, and you do maintenance on your gear. That means cleaning, buffing, repairing, painting etc...So, to me those pits or spots just add another dimension to your character.

Keep up the good work.

Speaking of rust, when you mentioned it, it made me think of the "rust patina" paints that have powered metal or such in them to really give it a metal look. The rust patina, actually turns green as it patinas, talk about adding a whole nother dimension to your kit...I think I'm going to have to add some to my kit, just a touch to give it that next layer of dimension...

Have fun.

Ajax Kaal
Member #414
Forward, always forward!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #24 on: Feb 22, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Thanks Vode :)

After iv finished the paint coats im going to give some weathering powders a bash. might have to try adding some green to it :D

applying some more masking fluid tonight and some masking tape as i prep fro the next "under Coat"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!