Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Callista's WIP (PIC HEAVY) *New Pics Pg. 8*

• 113 Replies
Re: Callista's WIP (PIC HEAVY) *New Pics Pg. 6!*
« Reply #100 on: Feb 11, 2012, 05:33 PM »
    Here's a list of the current status of my kit. Still a LOT to do, but I'm slowly making progress :)

HAVE

Soft Parts
    • Belt
    • Boots
    • Flightsuit
    • Gloves

Armor parts
    • Ab plate (primer)
    • Collar plate (primer)
    • Chest plates (cut out)
    • Left shoulder bell
    • Backplate (might need to redo this… have plenty of Sintra)

Bucket
    • Sanded and primed
    • Needs silver coat
    • filling and sanding along visor edges before paint apps
    • have misplaced one part of the earcap. Need to find it.

Weapons
    • one small pistol (initial sanding done, no paint)

NEED/TO DO:

- Form currently cut plates. Still need:
    • Right shoulder
    • Thigh plates
    • Shin/boot plates
    • Knees
    • Gaunts
    - Soft Parts
    • Cod or loincloth
    • Belt pouches
    • Girth belt/sash
    • Vest
    - Weapons

« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2012, 01:29 AM by Callista Gseran » Logged

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #101 on: Feb 11, 2012, 05:44 PM »
Pics or it didnt hap...Sorry! im no goin to finish that sentence, looking forward to yer progress ner'vod  ;)

« Reply #102 on: Feb 12, 2012, 01:28 AM »
 :P Figures :) Haven't really made much progress since the holidays. :(

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #103 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:32 AM »
 ;D Nice  ;) Better to take yer time and get it right.

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #104 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:14 PM »
;D Nice  ;) Better to take yer time and get it right.

THIS!!

« Reply #105 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:10 AM »
With the weather the way it is (SNOW!) I may try my hand at heat-forming some of my plates and try out the other dremel that I got :D

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Callista's WIP (PIC HEAVY) *New Pics Pg. 7*
« Reply #106 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:17 PM »
*In deep terrifying voice*

I am watching.

;) Keep going, you're getting there.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.
« Reply #107 on: Feb 17, 2012, 11:39 AM »
Yes, Sir!

Also, I'm being prodded by several people to start working on this again. I've decided to NOT do a backplate for this first go, as it will be INCREDIBLY difficult to shape it alone.....

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. I'm aiming to have this mostly done by All-Con (though I know I won't be official...)

« Reply #108 on: Feb 17, 2012, 02:35 PM »
So. yeah. I'm having some difficulty shaping plates.... I've got plenty of sintra to mess with, but i think I'm going to have to take the outer corner off the upper chest plates. Also, I'm not sure hot to trim or put darts in the plates to make them fit a female torso.  Here are a couple pics. Chest and belly plates are WOF Med. templates, everything else will be Small.

As you can hopefully see, the outer edge of the chest plate (near my shoulder) needs trimming. I'm thinking to just take off that protruding edge and make the edge flush. Where I'm lost is how to get the plate to be shaped better. What I've done here is just with a heat gun. Would putting the plates in the oven for a couple minutes make them easier to work with, and should I add darts in any spot? Also, the bottom point of the plate doesn't quite touch my belly.

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2012, 06:31 PM by Callista Gseran » Logged
Re: Callista's WIP (PIC HEAVY) *New Pics Pg. 8*
« Reply #109 on: Feb 18, 2012, 09:31 AM »
You'll probably have to add darts. Sintra doesn't really do complex curves. Sintra will, in general, bend either left to right or top to bottom. For a properly shaped femme plate, you need both. Darts will help.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #111 on: Feb 18, 2012, 06:50 PM »
The left chest piece you are holding in place looks ok ! But might do with a touch of heat to bring it in at the bottom.

Dunno unless you hold them in place on your vest.

I think they could be an ok size for you, considering you need to wear a flightsuit and flack vest. Both will bulk you up !

« Reply #112 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:52 PM »
@ Kel:

Don't have a vest yet, but I know someone locally who might be able to make one. :)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #113 on: Feb 18, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Best wait till you have a decent fit of a vest before ye start cutting the plates ;) Then try taping the plates to it for fit then ! Dont cut anything till then, i would heat the bottom of the chest a little and bend inwards though. Just a little bit ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!