Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Backpack Idea

• 5 Replies
Backpack Idea
« on: Nov 29, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Question to my fellow Mando's...will his pack work as is? if no then what should be done to it?

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Backpack Idea
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Well, seeing as how it simply an American GI Alice Pack, i would say it should modded somehow as to not be instantly recognizable, like it is. 

Nothing in the CRLs says it needs to be changed, but I would strongly encourage you to do so.

"what in the samhell is a Puma?"

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2010, 04:56 PM »
As Spanner said, soft packs are allowable under the CRLs, but that one is wicked recognizable. I can't think of much to do to change it, other than perhaps add a few armor plates. Not much, still leave it soft and flexible, but plates at key points would make it more mando to me; after all, you would want to protect your gear :).

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2010, 04:59 PM »
Add a Scope ot it, that will make it Swarzy! ;)

"what in the samhell is a Puma?"

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Might look at maybe switching out the buckles or strapping to something more futuristic looking and possibly stenciling some wording or logos onto the fabric.

Skim through some online images of SW comics and see if there's any pics of anyone using a soft bag that you could work towards making it look like.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2010, 10:19 AM »
I would skip the soft pack and do a hardpack of sometype if the pack is something you want to do. Pretty much all armor wearing characters in the SWU are seen wearing hardpacks nto softpacks. When you consider they are generally carrying extra ordinance and survival gear into combat in them, it makes sense to keep that stuff protected from errant blaster fire and shrapnel. Although soft packs are seen in the SWU they are rare and are generally on unarmored characters.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!