Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Davin Kee V3.0

• 94 Replies

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Davin Kee V3.0
« Reply #75 on: Jul 30, 2011, 09:20 AM »
I like the look of the tan on the olive drab, although I think you could do with an armor plate over the back of the thigh pouch, or even just a fabric covering; something to make it look less MOLLE. It may even be a CRL thing (although I'm not certain) as the MOLLE vests have to be fully covered these days.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Davin Kee

• You can do ANYTHING.........Once.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #76 on: Jul 30, 2011, 10:57 AM »
I like the look of the tan on the olive drab, although I think you could do with an armor plate over the back of the thigh pouch, or even just a fabric covering; something to make it look less MOLLE. It may even be a CRL thing (although I'm not certain) as the MOLLE vests have to be fully covered these days.

If you jump over to my weapons thread, I explain what I'm doing to the pouch. I'm gonna use the straps to hold down a few throwing knives. It'll give it a look that will distract the whole M.O.L.L.E. type straps.

Official Merc since 20100405
Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Dresdon Rayne

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #77 on: Jul 30, 2011, 11:36 PM »
That looks seriously awesome man.  Great job.  Making me want to repaint and redo mine!!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din. Family is more than Blood.

Davin Kee

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #78 on: Jul 31, 2011, 12:55 AM »
That looks seriously awesome man.  Great job.  Making me want to repaint and redo mine!!

You got a little less then a month ner'vod. You can do it.......lol.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Davin Kee

« Reply #79 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:37 PM »
Well, was looking at my guants the other night and decided to remake them so they'll fix exactly what I want. Went out got the new hinges and wouldn't you know it, they're holes are to big for the rivets so I've got to go out and find some washers that'll fit and go from there. 24 hr delay now, oh joy.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #80 on: Aug 04, 2011, 08:15 AM »
Isn't that always the way of it? Change one thing and it cascades into half a dozen.

Davin Kee

« Reply #81 on: Aug 16, 2011, 12:22 AM »
Well I got my girth belt in. Gonna have to mod it to fit right, but I think I figured it out, only time will tell.

I sewed around the brown strips so I was able to remove them and get to this:

I also got my vest and I've installed the straps on one side. I've got to redo the strap to make them a little smaller and get everything installed on the other side.

Hope to get most of this done this week, considering I've 17 days to get ready.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Davin Kee

« Reply #82 on: Aug 19, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Well did a test run tonight with my new vest and the MAGNETS. I know the plates are a little off, but guess what that's the joy of magnets, I can rearrange them as needed later, just wanted to make sure they would work for now.

Still trying to figure out the whole dyeing the girth belt thing cause the dye I have isn't dyeing the belt. I might have to paint it, we shall see though.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #83 on: Aug 19, 2011, 09:45 PM »

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #84 on: Aug 19, 2011, 10:18 PM »
But how do they work!?!?

Davin Kee

« Reply #85 on: Aug 19, 2011, 10:37 PM »
Solves your girth belt problem http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/new-way-die-girth-belts-22378/

Awesome. Thanks man. Going to pick up supplies tomorrow night for all this and to see if it'll work.

But how do they work!?!?

I can't explain it, but I will show you.........through interpretive dance 8)

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #86 on: Aug 19, 2011, 11:00 PM »
But how do they work!?!?

Thax, you KNOW magnets are MAJIC!!!!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #87 on: Aug 19, 2011, 11:02 PM »
Thax, you KNOW magnets are MAJIC!!!!
Magnets are Mandalorians Against Jetpacks In Combat?  ;D

To get back on topic, looking good man. Can't wait to see it in person!

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #88 on: Aug 20, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Granted, it's over a t-shirt and not a flight suit, but it looks like your vest straps could perhaps do with a little tightening. That, and the plates with a little more shaping. The flight suit, however, might solve both of those problems, as it'll add a little bulk to you.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #89 on: Aug 20, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Magnets are Mandalorians Against Jetpacks In Combat?  ;D

To get back on topic, looking good man. Can't wait to see it in person!

YEAH!  (see what I did there?)  ;)

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Davin Kee

« Reply #90 on: Aug 20, 2011, 12:36 PM »
......as it'll add a little bulk to you.

You saying I'm skinny?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #91 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:03 AM »
You saying I'm skinny?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Yep. Watch out for them stiff breezes; you might blow away.

slavian

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #92 on: Sep 06, 2011, 01:41 AM »
i think this upgrade is a good idea looks good and the desert theme hint is rely good color scheme

Honor who you are honor where you hail from honor your family

Davin Kee

« Reply #93 on: Sep 06, 2011, 08:13 PM »
Alright now that Dragon*con is over I can finally sit down and update you all on my upgrade process. I know the last few upgrades there aren't any pictures since my life literally went get up, work, home, work on armor, sleep, repeat. Here are some of the pics I've found since I didn't take any myself over the weekend.

Just a few pics till I get my photo shoot ones.

Things I need to fix:
  • Make vest longer to be able to tuck into the girth belt.
  • New gaunts, these ones have had it. I was working on some but never finished them. I'm thinking some custom DW ones.
  • New neck seal.
  • Make pockets on the vest for magnets so the plates won't move as much.
  • Form the back plate better, and make a better way to attach the bottom (velcro popped off towards the end).

Anybody else have something they see? I have a few months before the next big convention for the fixes, so hopefully I can have the money to do them all.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #94 on: Sep 06, 2011, 11:42 PM »
Boba's vest ends just before his naval. I would hem the vest shorter, tighter around, and bring in the plates some.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!