Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Davin Kee V3.0

• 94 Replies

Davin Kee

• You can do ANYTHING.........Once.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Davin Kee V3.0
« on: Dec 12, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Alright, so I'm upgrading my kit completely yet again.

Here is what I had for my first kit:

Here's Ver. 2.0:

And now we have Ver. 3.0:

The colors are going to be Krylon spray paint. Tan = Krylon Fusion Satin Khaki. Green = Krylon Satin Italian Olive. With my battle damage I plan on having it silver of course but it's gonna be outlined in black also.

Here is an example of the colors on my M-DSB Assassin:

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2010, 10:41 PM by Davin Kee » Logged
Official Merc since 20100405
Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Dresdon Rayne

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Davin Kee V3.0
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Those are still interesting colors.  Looking forward to seeing what it looks like for real. 
Going with your assassin or merc on this one?
-Rayne

Aliit ori'shya tal'din. Family is more than Blood.

Davin Kee

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2010, 12:14 AM »
I'll probably have both of them done up so I can choose which one I want during the events.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Davin Kee

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2010, 04:28 PM »
So in the last two nights I've sanded down my bucket and my thigh plates. As per the above picture my right thigh will have a holster built on it for a blaster pistol. I was thinking that it's probably gonna make my right side look heavy so I've decided to have a drop leg pouch on my left side. Here are the 3 I've found at work:

1:

2:

3:

I'm heavily leaning toward #1. What do you all think? Of course it will be reworked to look more star-wars-ish.

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2010, 08:32 PM by Davin Kee » Logged
Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:19 PM »
colors look awesome on that assassin
i would strongly suggest not using those type of pouches, tho i do like the concept you want to go with a lot

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Davin Kee

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:40 PM »
i would strongly suggest not using those type of pouches, tho i do like the concept you want to go with a lot

What if I use a pouch that doesn't have a M.O.L.L.E. system on the front of it? I planned on putting a armor plate on the top of it to cover up the system though, not just leave it out in the open.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2010, 08:16 PM »
dude i know you have access to some vintage gear..... i may be around to dig into it this weekend

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2010, 06:35 PM »
How far does it stick off your leg? It looks rather large.

Davin Kee

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2010, 07:37 PM »
How far does it stick off your leg? It looks rather large.

I'll take a picture on Friday for ya'll so you can see it.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Davin Kee

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2010, 11:06 PM »
Alright, here is the pic of me facing the camera. The pouch is only about 4" wide.

I'm gonna have to form it more to my leg but you get the picture.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Yeah, that doesn't look bad. I was thinking that it might stick off your leg much more than that.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2010, 04:46 PM »
I'm not wholly against tac gear, like some folk on here, but my suggestion to people that want to use them is to do something to mando 'em up a bit. Add armor plates to the surfaces; if possible replace all buckles and fasteners with the quick-release, parachute buckle type, as they're shown all over SW; have trophies (teeth, claws, small braids, etcetera) hanging all over them. Stuff like that, so it doesn't look like you just sort of walked into a Mil surplus store and tacked it onto the kit.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Davin Kee

« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2010, 06:16 PM »
I'm not wholly against tac gear, like some folk on here, but my suggestion to people that want to use them is to do something to mando 'em up a bit. Add armor plates to the surfaces; if possible replace all buckles and fasteners with the quick-release, parachute buckle type, as they're shown all over SW; have trophies (teeth, claws, small braids, etcetera) hanging all over them. Stuff like that, so it doesn't look like you just sort of walked into a Mil surplus store and tacked it onto the kit.

That's exactly what I planned on doing down to a "t". I planned on putting armor on top of it, a few weapons (knives) on it, making the straps/buckles look more SW, and add a trophy or two to it. Are you picking my brain Slade??? >.< NOOOOO!!!!!

I also plan on doing light sprays of the tan spray paint on it too since it's a darker tan then the rest of my kit. I'm hoping it'll tie in together better.

« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2010, 06:51 PM by Davin Kee » Logged
Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Davin Kee

« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2010, 10:59 PM »
Alright. Update 1.

I've gotten my helmet sanded down.

I also decided to cut off the ear cap I had on the right side, so the helmet is now symmetrical. Unfortunately with this helmet, I forgot that the ear cap was a little indented out. So I cleaned it up, and cut out a little piece of sintra. I hot glued it in and here is how it turned out. I'm gonna bondo it, and smooth it over.

While I was sanding down it, I had a little "accident". The white there is a chip, I've decided instead of filling it in, it will be a blaster shot. Hopefully it turns out the way I'm seeing it in my head. The white will be silver, light grey will be a mix of silver and black, the grey will be black, and then the rest will be tan.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2010, 04:16 AM »
thought you were using the assassin?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Davin Kee

« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:49 AM »
thought you were using the assassin?

I'll have it painted up too. This way I can use both buckets at events. I'll have to make the tough decision on which one to use.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:34 PM »
It is looking good to me, still waiting on my helmet, getting all sort of ideas, Hope mine will look half as good as yours

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:50 PM »
That's exactly what I planned on doing down to a "t". I planned on putting armor on top of it, a few weapons (knives) on it, making the straps/buckles look more SW, and add a trophy or two to it. Are you picking my brain Slade??? >.< NOOOOO!!!!!

Mwuahaha! I am the Brain Thief!

Davin Kee

« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2011, 05:50 PM »
Finally got the hole patched up. Quiet nicely if I do say so myself.

Pre-Sanding:

Post-Sanding:

Next is the painting.....

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Davin Kee

« Reply #19 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Well I've got my kit re-primed finally. My helmet is also silvered. A few places on my shines and thighs ran so I'm gonna have to re-sand it and re-paint it.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Davin Kee

« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Well since this Snowpocalypse has hit us here in GA, I haven't been able to paint anymore. I have moved on to vest design. I'm thinking of using magnets instead of snaps/velco. What do ya'll think? I've found some Neodymium Magnets (which are supposedly strongest) for relatively cheap. Comments, concerns, personal experience?

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:00 PM »
I've never had any issues with velcro myself, but I know Brian (Stormtrooperguy) swears by magnets, as does one of the NEG's Jangos. Just make sure that you don't walk too close to any televisions, computer monitors, or credit cards :P. They ain't joking when they say those magnets are strong.

Davin Kee

« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2011, 05:12 PM »
Well I ordered the magnets last night. They have 13.5 lbs approximate pulling force each, and their only .5" x .5" x .25". They should be here by Tuesday.

Here is the website I used to get them, if you want anymore information.

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 06:55 PM by Davin Kee » Logged
Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Davin Kee

« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2011, 06:54 PM »
Got my material today. I don't think I could of gotten a better match unless I painted the material myself.

Now to just find a sewing machine that works.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons
« Reply #24 on: Jan 26, 2011, 05:05 PM »
cool vod cant wait to see how this turns out! btw, got my pics up for my helmet fnally

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!