Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Getting the soft parts together

• 3 Replies

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Getting the soft parts together
« on: Aug 31, 2010, 09:52 PM »
Ok starting off with the suit.  Big thank you to A'den Skirata for selling the bdu's he had.  Took them and put the shirt and pants together via a zipper installed in the waist.  Did this so that use facilities while wearing it would be easier.
Pre sewing pinned together and zipper

Post sewing

Also intend to put a couple snaps in the collar to turn it into a neck seal of sorts.  Is just pinned here.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Getting the soft parts together
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2010, 07:21 AM »
Looking great so far! From what I can see, the zipper looks pretty good.

I might recommend against putting snaps on that collar, unless you can pull it over more. If you notice in the picture, there is a very obvious triangle of visible skin along the neck line. I'm assuming you're wearing whatever type of undershirt you plan to use, so if that skin is showing, you'll likely have to look at a different option.

I'd recommend folding the collar under, and buying a TK style neckseal. You'd put the neckseal on, then put the flightsuit on, fold the collar under, and you have a wonderful neckseal that looks swarzy poking out from the vest.

TK neckseals are usually no more than $30 or so. There are so many of them made, that they run a little cheaper sometimes took. Don't get them off ebay though. Try signing up to white-armor.net, and looking in the trading station on their site, or make a polite post in the appropriate section asking where you can find a good neckseal. Someone will respond or PM you details on procuring one.

You could also leave the collar normal, poking out from the vest, so you'd have a neckseal, and then collar, which might look pretty cool too. It's all up to you, of course, but that's my opinion on it. I think you'll be happier with a dedicated neckseal, even if you have to save a few pennies and get a standalone neckseal.

I look forward to seeing more. Keep working, and remember to keep posting your progress shots!

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Alright, well reading advice here i think i will just nix the collar on the jumpsuit and use a neck seal.  But moveing on with the parts starting on the vest, going with the jacket from goodwill method.  Was there today and found something perfect just needs a bit of alteration, sleves removed as well as collar and mabey the length.
Here's the jacket:

And here it is on backward with the collar turned in:

Opinions?

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Zohar Nef

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Finaly got more progress on this got the pouches for my belt.

Got 10 of these double pouches for a good price.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!