Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I Hate Backpacks - Finally Complete!

• 139 Replies

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
Re: I Hate Backpacks
« Reply #50 on: Apr 25, 2011, 10:00 PM »
It's coming along great!  ;D

« Reply #51 on: Apr 27, 2011, 05:36 PM »
A little more cutting and a $5.00 Darth Vader Helmet from Goodwill.  (OK, I scavenged the "breather" only") and here's where I'm at currently.  I've primed it just to give you an idea as to where I am at.  This is not, nor close to being complete, just an update only!  More greeblies to come and A LOT of Bondo!!  

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011, 05:38 PM by MandalorianEwok » Logged

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Bariikas Talgal

• Leave a legacy worthy of a song
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #52 on: Apr 27, 2011, 06:20 PM »
O gawd! I be in love! It looks great!

Retired MMCC: #1608

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #53 on: Apr 28, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Hey, that looks fantastic! I really like the shape of that lawnmower cover as a backpack.

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #54 on: Apr 28, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Cool use of parts. You may want to mod the Vader chestbox. It is one of the most recognizable parts in Star Wars!

« Reply #55 on: Apr 29, 2011, 03:19 AM »
As stated, this is still the rough draft.  The chestbox is going to be modded, but only slightly.  My goal is to make one of the buttons turn on a light in the black circle.  Just haven't figured that part out yet.  Been a busy week, not a lot of time for my project.  We'll see what this weekend brings, but I foresee a date with the wife before anything else... :D

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Well, as all WIP's should be, here are some more progress pics.  As before, somethings are glued, while others are only setting there for reference.  Just sold some scrap metal so I can afford some bondo, so off I go to Home Depot.  I'm closing in on the final product.  Though I still have much more to go. 

Comments and concerns?

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Looking good!

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 02:46 PM »
Thats looking really good .

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Sweet!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

TiMesh'la Akaan

• OM# 0388 - M.A.J.I.C: 010 - Countless Troops
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 01:53 PM »
I have to say, I'm not usually one for packs, but this is simply fantastic! outstanding work Vod!

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 06:01 PM »
I have to say, I'm not usually one for packs, but this is simply fantastic! outstanding work Vod!

I felt exactly the same way!  But when I saw the McQuarrie pack, it kinda changed my mind.  I know this isn't an exact replica of the McQuarrie version, but I'll say it is from the same family of "Utility Packs".  :D

Bariikas Talgal

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 06:41 PM »

I'd still, like to know what that thing is on the side. Like were there any plans to explain it?

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 03:25 AM »
No need to explain greeblies Tantos , Greeblies just make thing's look good .  ;D

Bariikas Talgal

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 09:11 AM »
True..It does look very good

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 12:38 PM »
I have a plan to explain the large tube, but not the small ones... As Kel said, greeblies just make things look good.  The large tube itself is going to be a interchangeable barrel holder.  Or quiver if you will.  I have, in the works, a rifle that will take several types of barrels that are mission specific.  And, needing a place to keep them which is readily accessible, I am going to house them in that.  That portion of the pack will be functioning.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2011, 12:43 PM »
Nice idea mate , Looks great and functional too WIN  ;D

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2011, 12:57 PM »
That actually sounds like the best idea. I love that. Are you planning on incorporating your E-clip from the pistol in any way also?

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2011, 01:36 PM »
Dude!!!  Just reading that gave my an apostrophe, like a bolt of lightning struck my brain. (Name the movie that is from!)  Anyway...  Since the e-clip is universal, the utility pack needs to be powered somehow, so... ipso facto, presto chango and other latin sounding words...  I'm going to add a place for the e-clip to go.  Probably wear I have that black ring... since I won't need to cut it.  Well, that's my idea currently.  The pack is an ever changing creature...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2011, 03:24 PM »
that gave my an apostrophe, like a bolt of lightning struck my brain. (Name the movie that is from!)

Hook...Smee to the Captain.

Oya!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
Above and Beyond
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Makes me proud to be a member when someone can get my obscure quotes!!

Kebii'tra Verda

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2011, 08:18 PM »
I am a plethora of useless movie quotes. ;)

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
Above and Beyond

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Glad to inspire :D I am totally loving this build.

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Dude!!!  Just reading that gave my an apostrophe, like a bolt of lightning struck my brain. (Name the movie that is from!)  Anyway... 

*Finishing the quote*

"Cap'n, I think I just had an Apostrophe. . ."
"I think you mean 'Epiphany'. . ."
"Yes. . . it hit me. . . just now. . . like lightning. . . ."
"Oh that must've hurt. . . ."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, couldn't help it. ;)

Backpack looks great so far! Looking forward to more pics!

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 03:20 AM »
Never be sorry for quoting a movie... it what makes us who we are...

And pics may be a bit slow as once I get into it, I can't stop to take pics.  Maybe I'll have my wife come out and take one of me while I'm working on it.  There's a lot of bondo and sanding right now... and 3 or 4 different things I'm working on for the pack.  Apply bondo here, glue that, sand this... etc...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!