Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Color meanings

• 21 Replies
Color meanings
« on: Dec 25, 2010, 02:01 AM »
I know there is currently a wookiepedia article on what mando armor colors mean. but i cant get there for some reason. idk why could someone look this up and post it here for me please. thanx

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order AS THEY SHOULD BE!

Valgus Ordo

• I'll take a stab at it.
Re: Color meanings
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2010, 04:43 AM »

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but in the spirit of helpfulness, here's the link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_armor  You'll need to scroll down quite a bit, but it'll behoove you to read the rest of the info along the way.  If the link doesn't work, here's the quote of the meanings during and after the Clone Wars era:
As of the Clone Wars, these colors were known to have significance:
Gray=Mourning a Lost Love
Red=Honoring a Father
Black=Justice
Gold=Vengeance
Green=Duty
Blue=Reliability
Orange=A Lust for Life

These are the widely accepted meanings, though it must be noted that some Mandalorians simply prefer the look of a certain color and don't really care about its meaning.  Also, Journeyman Protectors are expected to have green as the primary color, and other canon characters naturally have their own set paint schemes.  I hope that helps.

Also, do not take this code to mean that you must stick to a single color. It is more visually appealing to combine colors that mesh well together.  Try to find colors that  A.You really like/want on your armor  and B.Have meaning pertaining to your character's personality.  Also keep in mind the color of your flight suit and other acccessories to ensure that your costume looks professional and appealing.

"Bury me not with soil or stone, cleanse not my corpse with fire nor water. 
 Let me be buried with the bodies of my enemies!"  -A Clan Ordo warchant I made up.

K'raam Xrati

• Mark Hamilton the Red Mando, TB & DZ3203
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:04 AM »
Wonder what happened to Yellow? Or does it fall under gold?

78 Career Invasions
MMCC #48 Trooping since September 2007
Kilted Mando #4

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:07 AM »
That's a good question Mark.  I personally would say yes.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

K'raam Xrati

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:30 AM »
I had Boba in mind when thinking about his colors.

78 Career Invasions
Kilted Mando #4
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2010, 06:04 PM »
Hey thanks for the linkValgus! it actually worked.....how bout that. and about yellow we learned in art 2 thatcolors like gold and silver are just yellow and gray with a brighter hue to them to make them look shinier...so yeah id say yellow falls under gold. :]

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order AS THEY SHOULD BE!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2010, 02:25 AM »
my friend (who is also building armor) was wondering if brown has a signifigant meaning or is it just a whatever color?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2010, 02:37 AM »
Heraldry, vode, heraldry, tincture in particular. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_%28heraldry%29

Valgus Ordo

« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:31 AM »
You're welcome, Kyr'am.  Glad I could be of service.  And I concur with your analysis of gold and silver.

I have seen nothing on this subject for brown.  I suppose it means that you want to blend in with a dirty environment, or it means you're just really down-to-earth.  :D

Heraldry, vode, heraldry, tincture in particular. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_%28heraldry%29

That was all rather complicated, but I see what you mean.  Thanks for the link.

Let me be buried with the bodies of my enemies!"  -A Clan Ordo warchant I made up.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2010, 08:34 AM »
lol thats sooo true... for a normal person, but were mandos nothing scares us (right?)

K'raam Xrati

« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2010, 05:54 PM »
Yes. Chuck Norris wears Mando Armor.

78 Career Invasions
Kilted Mando #4
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2010, 06:30 PM »
my friend (who is also building armor) was wondering if brown has a signifigant meaning or is it just a whatever color?

You can get brown by making a dark version of orange (add some green to dull it down).

So, the "dark side" of a lust for life...  maybe Schadenfreude?   :D

Just don't make the brown too orange or you get rust.   ;)

Tiros Thanos

• Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:44 PM »
and doesnt tan represent family??? if so... mine will def be tan and black... with my strip o doom on the buy'ce in red of course...

If you want peace, prepare for war. If you want to win, hire me.....

Valgus Ordo

« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2011, 10:40 PM »
So, basically, what you are saying is you have a great rust for life?

*falls out of chair*  :D  Hahahahah....that's one way of putting it.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:38 AM »
I always wondered if you could represent two ideas by having a certain color. Like purple being a combination of Duty and Honoring a Father seeing as it is a combination of red and blue.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!