Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

regards to the undersuit

• 10 Replies

Tiros Thanos

• Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
regards to the undersuit
« on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:53 PM »
i was wondering if the military grade underarmor was acceptable. sorry if this has been asked, just kinda busy right now.

If you want peace, prepare for war. If you want to win, hire me.....
Re: regards to the undersuit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:54 AM »
The issue with under armor is that it is very form fitting.

What you will run into is your armor looking bulky and oversized with the tight fitting under suit.  The flight suit/coverall really is your best bet.

Davin Kee

• You can do ANYTHING.........Once.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:21 PM »
If you form the armor specifically to your body, meaning it hugs every curve and bulge you have, it could look good. But you have to have to body for it, plan and simple. And the problem with Underarmor is that it gets to hot, unless you get the heat gear.

Official Merc since 20100405
Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Tiros Thanos

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2011, 04:03 PM »
just ask ophelia de thanos..... im good in that area. and i plan on using a roller to get the proper curvature on the armor. 6'1 160 and im the only guy i know who reads star wars in between mma workout sessions...

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:39 PM »
I would not really suggest the underarmor as your flightsuit. The all weather ot heat gear stuff works pretty well under your flightsuit but, as a flightsuit itself, it can look a little wonky. While there are no rules stating anything, some priniciples people should consider if they are considering using a skjin tight flightsuit...

1. Body type. Let's be honest here, I will be... you not going to catch me dead in anything short than an RC in a body glove. Many of us... male or female, heavy or thin, fall into this catagory. It takes a balanced, fit or/and athletic if not muscular build to wear with with anything short of heavy armor.

2. Are you doing Heavy armor or not? If not, and you're outside of 1., should probably pass on the idea. If you're going for heavy armor, it MAY be a viable option.

3. This is actually something the ODM's (Orbital Drop Mando's) in the Asssault Brigade were wanting for a requirement but settled for strongly suggested. ODM style armor combined with a bodysuit, especially if it's ribbed like the Clones in the movies or a Vader suit, is a great visual reference to the sleek high speed Mando's who fall from drop ships to planets.

If you don't fall into 1 or more of those catagories effectivly, I would say stick to the tried and true flightsuit.

Tiros Thanos

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:07 PM »
well, not to be a braggart but i do have a very fit build. and i just notice a lot of the  other mercs with very baggy flight suits and it just doesnt look right in my opinion. but i know, who am i to say osik when i dont even have the armor built yet. but i do see your point, i'll most likely build my first to be a medium/heavy build then work on the ODM because that sounds very kandosii. i'll most likely end up goin with a tailored flight suit in black or as dark a grey as i can find. still away from home so im just slowly acquiring smaller pieces for my build i can easily get home with me. then i can get my aluminum sheeting and start. thanks for the input ner'vod. cant wait to get my wip pics up so nico quits gettin on my shebs EVERY time i post....  :P

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:14 AM »
Another issue with the underarmor is your going to have problems attaching anything to it.  Underarmor doesn't take to well to any type of sewing on it. So if you were trying to attach armor to it, it's just going to stretch it out if not tear the material. A tailor fitted flight suit out a sturdier cloth would be a better idea with all things considered.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Mafio

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:02 PM »
I'm going with underarmor   

Means  tactical Shirt, Interesing pant and Suspenders.

I used to wear a flightsuit  but in my size  it was just 5cm too short.  Even if it fits my width. the lack in height was annoying.   I couldt move my arms high enough  without a stich in the crotch... and i love my crotchunit to much.

IMHO the idea  of  Mando's within Flightsuits or overalls bothers me.
Overalls  are mostly used for motorized and technical troop-parts.  Pilots, Tankdrivers... all the guys  which work in tight places where  a tight  plain  overall gives no spot to hang or stuck into your cloth.
But i cant see a tactical advantage  for  infantry combat troops  with overalls...    When taking a field-dump  it might take lesser time  just to let your pants down instead  of  gearing down  and taking of vest, pouches... etc.    I

Sure,  Underarmor  wont work with sewing things on...   but in my case;  no single plate is attached directly to the Suit ( just look at the construction post in my sig).   Another point is  that  my undersuit is barely to see under the amount of plates   so  technically  i could wear  just a sweatshirt and cargo-pants   if i want to  ;D

« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2020, 09:13 AM »
I would not really suggest the underarmor as your flightsuit. The all weather ot heat gear stuff works pretty well under your flightsuit but, as a flightsuit itself, it can look a little wonky. While there are no rules stating anything, some priniciples people should consider if they are considering using a skjin tight flightsuit...

1. Body type. Let's be honest here, I will be... you not going to catch me dead in anything short than an RC in a body glove. Many of us... male or female, heavy or thin, fall into this catagory. It takes a balanced, fit or/and athletic if not muscular build to wear with with anything short of heavy armor.

2. Are you doing Heavy armor or not? If not, and you're outside of 1., should probably pass on the idea. If you're going for heavy armor, it MAY be a viable option.

3. This is actually something the ODM's (Orbital Drop Mando's) in the Asssault Brigade were wanting for a requirement but settled for strongly suggested. ODM style armor combined with a bodysuit, especially if it's ribbed like the Clones in the movies or a Vader suit, is a great visual reference to the sleek high speed Mando's who fall from drop ships to planets.

If you don't fall into 1 or more of those catagories effectivly, I would say stick to the tried and true flightsuit.
thsi is the first time I am hearing about ODM mandos is there any pages for this

« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2020, 12:10 AM »
any pics of what you guys are talking about,
im a fat asss guy and i dont like loose stuff i have been looking for stuff like zenti suits , cosplay suits,  and lycra or spandex stuff,    and some coveralls,   
interested in other cheap options

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2020, 09:56 AM »
My wife wears underarmor for her flight suit, along with a lot of other female Mandos.

I personally use Dickies work pants and matching work shirt for my flight suit.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!