Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

compact jetpack

• 11 Replies

JCent1105

• "my backpacks got jets"
compact jetpack
« on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:07 AM »
Hey everyone, I have cruising around the jetpack forum and I notice that all the jetpacks are quite bulky. I am going to be making an assassin mando and want to get a smaller jetpack (stealthy like). Anyone have any ideas or people I should look to?

Thanks!
JC

Kail Ordo

• Formerly Tim
Re: compact jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:10 AM »
Check out the Cody jet packs, their fairly sleek and stealthy looking, or Whitecrows jetpack, he did an awesome job on that one and it's pretty small and stealthy looking as well

Kit Progress
Bucket-100%
Beskar-30%
Soft Parts-15%
Weapons-0%

JCent1105

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:15 AM »
I will look into them thank you very much!

JCent1105

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:32 AM »
I cannot seem to find how much they are =(

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2011, 03:11 AM »
The Cody one is around $40, but you'll be more likely to find it on The Dented Helmet, apparently.

Whitecrow1's pack was a scratchbuild, as far as I know, so good luck finding a price there :P

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:20 AM »
I havent seen the Cody ones for 40.00. When I had bought mine it was about 125.00.

Ive seen people convert over Buzz Lightyear jetpacks, convert MegaBlocks Jetpack carrying cases, scratchbuild from paint trays and aluminum energy drink cans etc. You're only limited by you imagination!

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:35 AM »
I've actually been thinking about building a slim jetpack built from cheap automotive ABS hood scoops. Haven't checked the local shops yet but on the bay, there's tons of stuff for cheap.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

JCent1105

« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:10 AM »
I found a hood scoop on ebay! I got it for 0.99 haha its coming from china. Its a basic one but maked it easier for me to customize.

Thank you all for your help!
JC

« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:54 AM »
Be sure to post pics... I want to see how this turns out...

JCent1105

« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:32 PM »
I will  ;D

« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:02 PM »
I've been playing with the idea of a stealthy jet pack...

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2011, 03:29 AM »
I found a hood scoop on ebay! I got it for 0.99 haha its coming from china. Its a basic one but maked it easier for me to customize.

I was actually thinking about getting two of them (the same) and then mating them together to get a thicker pack. The ones on our favourite auction site are usually only 1.5" - 2" deep so even if the pack was 4", it's still pretty small and I think it might add a bit to the whole deal. Plus, you could throw in some model airplane parts and maybe some other intake-like grills to make it all look a bit more realistic.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!