Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Davin Kee's New Weapons (Pic Intensive)

• 47 Replies

Davin Kee

• You can do ANYTHING.........Once.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Davin Kee's New Weapons (Pic Intensive)
« on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:47 PM »
First off, thanks to Niabi for letting me copy "Vera". Started using that, but then went off in my own direction. Thanks for all the help Niabi.

I started off the the Nerf Longstrike:

Chopped it up about the same as Niabi, but after looking at certain pieces decided to go with a blaster rifle more then a Verpine rifle.

To hold the top to the bottom I just used a small piece of sintra (about 1" x 4 ").

Added another piece of sintra (about 4.5" x 2") to the bottom of the barrel to keep it steady.

Starting looking at the rifle and decided to change (along with the input of a few vod) the stock and the barrel somewhat.

Going to add a power pack to the right side and add a type of scope to the top. Of course gonna bondo all of the holes (highlighted below) and sand everything down.

But first I'm going to be adding two magnets to this so I can "clip" it to my back. Hopefully it'll work out the way I'm thinking it will. They're suppose to come in on Tuesday.

Official Merc since 20100405
Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Fria Ge'tal

• <3
Re: Davin Kee's New Weapons (Pic Intensive)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Thats awesome. Cant wait to see it in person

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Nice work. It's nice to see the Nerf mods going in this direction, IE looking like good blasters and not just repainted.

Good mod work and it'll be nice to see the finished deal, keep up the good work.

Ajax

Ajax Kaal
Member #414
Forward, always forward!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:36 AM »
don't forget to lose the logos.

Davin Kee

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2011, 01:12 PM »
don't forget to lose the logos.

That is included in the sanding.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2011, 01:24 PM »
No problem ner Vod glad i could help. :)

i like the way this is going keep up the good work

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Aayhan be Akaan

• We'll have to go to... LUDICROUS SPEED!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Looks strikingly like my WIP, only I'm going BFP style, instead of shoulder fired...
Those guns look great sanded down, with Sintra addons, so this should turn out great!

Keep it up ner vod!

-AA

Armor - 40%
Main hand weapon - 100%
Off hand weapon - 40%
Soft parts - 30%
Bucket - 11%

[/u

IceCold

• AKA Ice'Cold or just Ice
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2011, 06:29 PM »
looks good, liking the magnet idea!

Ice

Lid: 90%
Chest/abdom Armour: 40%
Arm/Leg/Boot Armour: 20%
Textiles: 50%
Belt/pouches: 50%
Weapons: 50%

Davin Kee

« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Alright, update time!!!!!!!

I've started a pistol, but that will come in a little bit.

As far as my rifle is concerned:

I've have gotten the power pack attached to the right side, and added bondo to it also. I've begun the sanding process, but it is proving difficult. I will prevail though.

As for the pistol I spoke of. I started off with the Wii Thrustmaster.

Again, thanks to Niabi for such a great find.

I actually cut mine down in the middle for more of a hold out blaster size.

Also cut out yet another piece of sintra to fill in the top.

Trying to figure out what to do with the front of this, the hole's too big to just leave it alone.

Any ideas?

And just for going threw this thread I thought I would give you guys a little treat, a laught.
Saw this as i was getting ready to bondo it the other night:

Since I modified the dart blaster, does that mean I lost my warranty???

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:32 PM »
i think for this clan we loose the warranty on anything when we buy it or build it.hahaha

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:10 AM »
Rifle looks good. Gooooooood.

Pistol looks crooked. Soooooorry.

Davin Kee

« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:15 AM »
You are correct good sir, and this is why I'm doing a WIP. Because I wouldn't of caught this. Luckily I can fix this!!!!!

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2011, 02:21 AM »
This is just a personal taste thing, and you might have something in mind already, but on the pistol I kinda expect to see more mass above the back of your hand kinda thing, if you know what I mean. More of an overhang.

Davin Kee

« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:59 PM »
This is just a personal taste thing, and you might have something in mind already, but on the pistol I kinda expect to see more mass above the back of your hand kinda thing, if you know what I mean. More of an overhang.

I was thinking of doing a little something to the back of it. Probably go off the RC pistol. We shall see, still got a bunch of work as you can tell.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2011, 01:28 PM »
I think the pistol looks fine. Especially if it's supposed to be a hold out style. Those are supposed to be small and hidden.

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2011, 02:33 PM »
speaking of weapons, I saw in a Cabela's catalogue that an aftermarket company makes handgun beyonetts, just an Idea there. Since people tend to strip the inside of the're blaster, they could maybe put an under-barrel beyonet, like my ET-2 disruptor pistol.
Pic 1: My ET-2 disruptor pistol
Pic 2: Glock 17 with a Kabar pistol beyonet

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Sarsk

« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:47 PM »
I think a bayonet wouldn't look right on a hold out blaster. Those are usually concealed under something, having a knife there would take away from the "hold out" factor.

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:53 PM »
dousn't mean you can't have one on the main weapon, or at least one some kind of blade on yor armour

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Davin Kee

« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:59 PM »
I'm gonna have about half a dozen type of blades on my kit, a few throwing knives, a dagger, and a sword.

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Sarsk

« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2011, 04:00 PM »
Well, he already has a blade on his armor. A sword.

Sorry, I just tend to think that bayonet's in SW are kind of silly.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2011, 08:44 PM »
thats why we have gauntlet blades

Davin Kee

« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Okay I think I found a scope for the gun, let me know what you think.

Of course i plan on cutting it down (green line):

Davin Kee V3.0
Weapons

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #22 on: Jan 26, 2011, 10:26 PM »
looks  good, I'd recomend having it a bit higher off of the reciever so its more afjustable, like this.

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2011, 10:31 PM by Dres'don A'cacin » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #23 on: Jan 27, 2011, 12:06 PM »
Okay I think I found a scope for the gun, let me know what you think.

ooo a Susat. me likes :) i wonted one of those but failed to find one under £500. (a bit to pricey to mod)

I think it looks cool.

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Jan 27, 2011, 01:38 PM »
You can look for the Airsoft version of the Susat so it is not so pricey...

Ajax Kaal
Member #414
Forward, always forward!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!