Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jango vest template FOUND

• 10 Replies

Lifeburn

• This is the time to attack!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Jango vest template FOUND
« on: Jan 18, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Update: Someone was kind enough to email me the jango fett vest templates with instuctions. ENJOY!

INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1: Draw a Rectangle

A-B and C-D equal the length measurement.

A-C and B-D equal one-half the total chest measurement, plus 1/2 inch.

Step 2: Construction Lines

Divide A-C & B,D in half by drawing a vertical line, E-F.

From points A and C, measure down one quarter of the length measurement, creating points G and H. Connect points G and H, forming horizontal line, G-H. This is the front and back Width Line.

From points G and H, measure down one quarter of the length measurement plus one inch, creating points I and J, forming a horizontal line. I-J is the chest line.

Front Section

Step 3: Front Neck and Shoulder

3 inches to the left, and inch up from C, mark K.

3 inches down from K, mark L.

2 inches down from C, mark M.

Connect K to L and L to M with straight lines, forming a right angle.

Use French Curve to draw in the neck curve from K to M.

Note: I usually find it helpful to bring the curve to within inch of M on line L-M, so that the neckline is squared off at the fold.

1 3/8 inches below the A-C line, draw a horizontal line.

To determine the front shoulder line, place the starting end of the ruler on K and angle it to hit the horizontal line you have just drawn at exactly the neck to shoulder measurement on the ruler. Mark N at this point and connect to point K with a straight line.

Step 4: Front Armhole

Mark O on the I-J line at the point where it crosses the E-F line. This is the base of the armhole.

To the left of H, measure half the front width measurement and mark P.

Use French Curve to connect N to P with a slight curve. Connect P to O with a larger curve.

Step 5: Side Seam

To the left of D, measure one quarter of the total waist measurement, plus inch, and mark Q.

Connect O and Q with a straight line, completing the side seam.

Back Section

Step 6: Back Neck and Shoulder

Draw a horizontal line above A-E.

To the right of G, measure one half of the total back width and mark BB.

3 inches up from BB, mark CC, and connect them with a vertical line.

Position the starting end of the ruler on CC and angle it up to hit the horizontal line you drew above A-E at exactly the neck to shoulder measurement. Mark AA at this point and connect with a straight line. This is the back shoulder.

Connect A to AA with a slight curve. This is the back neck.

Step 7: Complete Back Armhole

Use French Curve to connect BB to O.

Step 8: Side Seam

To the right of B, measure one quarter of the total waist measurement, minus inch. Mark EE.

Connect EE to O with a straight line, completing the side seam.

Step 9: Add Seam Allowance

Add the desired seam allowance (commercial patterns use 5/8) to all sides of your pattern except for those that will go on a fold, such as the center front.

Also, to give a little more movement room, add an additional 3/8" to each of the side seams, front and back.

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011, 04:44 AM by Lifeburn » Logged

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Jango vest template?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2011, 07:05 PM »
In regards to the shoulder tabs on the vest, Jango's seem similar to the ones I made for my daughters vest.

Here's his

And here's her's (You can see her's aren't as elongated as his, because her shoulder plates were circles)

The white is the pattern I used for her's, the red lines are how I would alter the pattern to match his. (my pattern was drafted off a basic sleeve pattern) Also to get the right shape I would use your shoulder plate, setting it on top of the sleeve pattern and using that as a guide for the elongated section.

Also on his, the armhole seam seems to sit just past the end of the shoulder (not like a normal shirt seam at the shoulder). So if your using an existing pattern that your altering for your needs (which is what I do most of the time) I would extend that area out a bit. Off the shelf patterns are always on sale for either $0.99 or $1.99 pretty much every month at places like Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics, I would watch for when they are and pick one up then, don't pay $15.00. You also don't need a off the shelf vest pattern, a shirt pattern will work just fine for what you need (pretty much something that has a front, back, and sleeve), since you'll be altering it anyway. Hope some of that helped.

MMWA

• This one is just for you!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2011, 07:15 PM »
i would hit an art supply store and find the simplicty patterns there sometimes they are on sale for like 99 cents. find one that best suits a vest and sleeves and oyu can modify the pattern to vest and shoulder tabs....

thats what i used to make mine...

Mandalorian Metal Works and Armor a subsidiary of Mandalmotors. get all your  weapons at a discounted price without all of the Imperial entanglements.

MMWA

• This one is just for you!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2011, 07:20 PM »
the vest pattern i used was from simplicity costumes #4923 modified to be used as a the armor vest....the sleeves i used #4249 and modified the short sleeve of that set...to fit the pattern of the vest.....used a light weight filling and a liner and it made it fit very snug

Mandalorian Metal Works and Armor a subsidiary of Mandalmotors. get all your  weapons at a discounted price without all of the Imperial entanglements.

Lifeburn

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2011, 05:53 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna go to Joanne's to see if they have the material I need and see how bad I can mess this up :)

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Seugtai, how did you make the vest for your girl? I mean like what pattern and such?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Lifeburn

« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2011, 01:56 AM »
Well someone emailed me the patterns and instuctions on how to use them, so I will post them up later.

Zevlar Rayco

• MMCC197 M.A.J.I.C 59
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2011, 02:11 AM »
my pleasure. :D :D

"Let your woes become your deadliest weapons."

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Seugtai, how did you make the vest for your girl? I mean like what pattern and such?

PM sent

Lifeburn

Re: Jango vest template FOUND
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:41 PM »
Just wanted to bump this so everyone will see it.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
Re: Jango vest template FOUND
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Isn't that Darth Mule's flak vest tutorial on the dented helmet that's linked here in the tutorials/templates section?

I think those shoulder tabs are more Boba than Jango. Jango's don't go straight across, they're more like the shape I drew on the pattern piece. I think the front and back vest pieces will work, but like I said previously if you want to copy Jango's exactly they have more of a dropped shoulder than Boba's. But that's just my opinion.

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011, 01:14 PM by seugtai » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!