Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jango Arena JetPack

• 15 Replies

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Jango Arena JetPack
« on: Feb 10, 2011, 11:28 PM »
Tried this once before and had a nice post all layed out and it would post it so I will try again.

I purchased this MOW Arena pack from Jinn Beviin here on the Mercs.  The sale was the fastest sale in the history of our hobby.  I puchased it late Saturday night, and it was in another part of the country, and received it before lunch on Monday here in north Texas.  It was about 40 hours from the time he POSTED it for sale to the time it was at my house.  It was truly incredible.

Here is a pic of how it arrived.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hopefully if I use thumbnails it will post this time..........to be continued

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Jango Arena JetPack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2011, 11:31 PM »
I started to work on the mold seam and a few small air bubbles from casting.  The MOW packs are very nice btw.

I then started with painting a dark blue which will eventually be covered with a lighter blue.

In the screen shots it is tough to tell the exact colors but I am convinced that there are 4 colors in all on the arena pack.  Most guys use three colors.

to be continued.....

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

Mullreel

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2011, 11:34 PM »
Next I sprayed the parts before assembly.

I also began to layer the lighter blue over the base layer.

I used Rnb for all of the silver parts.

Mullreel

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2011, 11:38 PM »
This is where I stood when I had to leave for work today.  I would say I am about 60-70% done.

I am trying for the look found in the gallery over on TDH.  Such as the colors found here.

http://gallery.thedentedhelmet.com/v/reference/jango/swe/2009-02-05/SWTE_2009_02_05_21.jpg.html

It is very difficult to match the colors because of lighting issues and such but I am giving it my best try.

C+C welcome

Mullreel

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:59 PM »
I ended up being completely unhappy with the first color selection.

This is what I have changed to.

Dar'kumn Vol

• Your song has yet to be written.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2011, 11:11 PM »
Very nice pack vod. Very nice indeed. Colors are sharp!

There are no heroes, only those with conscience. Once they take rise, none shall stop them. They lead us forward into tomorrow not limited by today. They are who we strive to be.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:39 AM »
Great job , cant wait to see it on .

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:35 AM »
nice.  ;)

Mullreel

« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2011, 03:32 AM »
Here is a pic in natural light...I hope to clean this up and weather it this week so I will have some finished pics.

It is really amazing how much difference the colors appear in natural light vs flash or indoor lighting

Parjai

« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2011, 12:39 AM »
not bad at all how much was it, nice paint job btw

"There are two reasons why we have to wear armor. One is so that we don't get killed too easily. The other is so that we all look Mandalorian, however different we may be from our brothers and sisters."

Mullreel

« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2011, 01:15 AM »
To get one straight from MOW is 300 shipped.  I was very lucky and was able to buy this one second hand for 250 shipped.  I got it in its raw state as you see in post 1.  I actually lucked out and saw it listed in the trading station and had sent paypal within about 30 minutes of the listing.  I knew I wouldn't find a better deal.

I hope to do some cleanup on the paint on Monday and maybe get some weathering done too. 

Lifeburn

• This is the time to attack!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2011, 03:35 AM »
Very nice Mullreel! I'll be looking for a jetpack in the near future, but I'll probably go with the regular jetpack, not sure I like the stubby packs. Yours looks awesome though.

Mullreel

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2011, 12:18 AM »
Here is a weathered pic

I will be trying to get some outside pics tomorrow

Mullreel

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Finished pic in natural light, to best see the colors

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2011, 12:44 PM »
man, I was about to say that thing is huge!, then i realized it is an ad'ika holding it up.

good job on this vod!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Mullreel

« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2011, 02:55 PM »
thanks for the compliments.

and my little helper is only 2, so those are really little hands

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!