Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Any good for a belt????

• 6 Replies
Any good for a belt????
« on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:46 AM »
Hi all wondered what people thought of this as use of a belt for my mando? I'm not sure it would pass but you advice would be greatly appreciated. I only ask as i can buy this for less than £15 and all the "proper" belts seem to be going for £100+ and my sewing skills are USELESS!  ;D

Found these now too, let me know

Obviously i would paint the bottom two to suit my armour plans

Cheers,

« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011, 07:55 AM by Bairu Wapek » Logged

Sentinel

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Any good for a belt????
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2011, 08:08 AM »
I use the top tactical belt with my leg holsters.  They're made of webbing/nylon and I've seen a lot of others using them.  The ammo pouches, as long like you said you paint over the insignias etc.

Not a bad find.
GJ

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2011, 12:04 PM »
/\ this
Alot of folks use the black tactical belts. they even have the cool clips to hang your trophy lightsaber and stuff  ;D

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:58 PM »
The second sets of belts work too, just make sure you get rid of any writing on them first.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2011, 02:06 AM »
The second pair is deliciously high-tech. Do you have a link on where I can snag me a pair of those?

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2011, 07:32 AM »
The second pair is deliciously high-tech. Do you have a link on where I can snag me a pair of those?

I found them on www.softmilitary.co.uk

Riv Serulius

• Yub Yub
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Personally I'm a fan of using older pouches (since that's what they used in the movies), but most anything goes as long as it's not a cell phone pouch.  One mistake I see a lot of people making is that they will weather their armor, they'll weather their flightsuit, but they don't weather their pouches and other soft parts.  This is especially critical if you buy new pouches like the ones above...they will stick out like a sore thumb.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!