Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Stubborn Townsend's Softparts WIP

• 34 Replies

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Mando-Tough - Winner of the Celebration VI pushup competition Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Stubborn Townsend's Softparts WIP
« Reply #15 on: Jun 27, 2011, 10:14 AM »
Go for it brother!

« Reply #16 on: Jul 05, 2011, 03:10 PM »
Those boots are killer. And I really like the weathering on the flight suit. I will be referring to this thread when I start weathering for sure.

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Mando-Tough - Winner of the Celebration VI pushup competition Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: Jul 05, 2011, 04:59 PM »
thank you!! Any questions, just ask!!!

scorch sesom

• Every thing is better with a fiery explosion!
« Reply #18 on: Jul 06, 2011, 12:45 PM »
everything is coming along nicely mind if i ask where you got your flight suit?i cant find any black ones in my area

Progress
armor: 90%painting
buy'ce: 100% completed
soft parts: 50% need to dye jump suit again
weapons: 0%still brain storming

Lie to me once shame on You
Lie to me twice and i will chase u with a base ball bat

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
« Reply #19 on: Jul 06, 2011, 05:23 PM »
L.A. Police Gear. I don't know if they're still running it, but when I got mine it was on sale for $40. You can find all kinds of flight suits on Amazon too (how I found mine).
google is your friend, ner vod.

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
« Reply #20 on: Jul 14, 2011, 12:34 PM »
ok, so I'm starting on my second kit, a ComMando, piece by piece.
The pauldron is about half done. Gotta attach the black shoulder piece to the armored pauldron, and get 2 or 3 magazine pouches.

Should have the flight suit weathered later today.

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2011, 12:04 PM »
Lookin good! I love your weathering. Let's see more!

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
« Reply #22 on: Aug 21, 2011, 12:49 PM »
Flight suit for my second kit has been weathered for a LONG time now, just finaly got around to snapping pics of it.

The pics kind of washed out the color here, but it's the same as my pauldron. Desert Tan.

« Reply #23 on: Aug 21, 2011, 09:52 PM »
have you considered maybe adding a plate across the toe section of the boots? I found these boots about a week ago and thought they would look amazing as armored mandalorian boots but I only thought of the shin place and a toe plate. the plate on the heel looks awesome!

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
« Reply #24 on: Aug 22, 2011, 10:40 AM »
I was going to add a plate across the top of the toe, and I may still do it, but for now it's not real high on my list of stuff I'd like to do.

pokesabudah

• the main mando
« Reply #25 on: Feb 21, 2012, 11:24 PM »
looks awesome, the pauldron does it flex okay cause it looks like an arc trooper but i got a tutorial downloaded off the forums here to make one out of leather and sintra. and how did you attach it

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
« Reply #26 on: Feb 21, 2012, 11:46 PM »
The pauldron bends the way it looks like it would, with the segmented plates. The plates are pop riveted to a piece of pleather that I cut and hemmed to the shape of the ARC trooper pauldron. I based this whole idea on the Order 66 ARC Trooper by Hasbro.

The shoulder "pipe bombs" are made of some 3/4 inch PVC and endcaps. I made a shoulder bell for them to sit on, and then riveted them in place. The shoulder piece is attached to the pauldron by rivets as well.

The whole thing just goes over my head in one piece. The shoulder "pipe bombs" have a piece of sticky back velcro on the bottom that goes with it's mate that's attached to my collar plate to keep it from sliding down my arm while trooping. The pauldron part just rests nicely on my shoulder and doesn't really move because I reinforced the bottom of the pauldron with some craft foam to give it some rigidity.

I will say that it took about 3 or 4 versions of this before I was happy with it. What you see in the pics above, was the V1 pauldron. The only thing that made it into the final one was the plates.

pokesabudah

• the main mando
« Reply #27 on: Feb 22, 2012, 12:34 AM »
thnx for advice really helpful mav cant wait till i make a supply list/ price sheet

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
« Reply #28 on: Feb 23, 2012, 05:47 PM »
It was actually quite cheap to make. Really only around $20 total.

I'll take a couple more shots of it up close so you can see about how I made it.

pokesabudah

• the main mando
« Reply #29 on: Feb 24, 2012, 10:35 AM »
sweet  reference photos always help me when i draw

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!