Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Stubborn Townsend's Softparts WIP

• 34 Replies
Re: Stubborn Townsend's Softparts WIP
« Reply #30 on: Feb 28, 2012, 11:58 AM »
Love that paldron! How do you have it clipped on? And do you have directions on how it's made?
Thanx

I kid,I joke but.....I'm deadly serious

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Mando-Tough - Winner of the Celebration VI pushup competition Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #31 on: Feb 29, 2012, 03:58 PM »
I'll be taking some close up pictures of it tonight so you can see how I constructed it.

There's weren't any instructions though. It was a trial and error method of creating it until I got what I wanted.

« Reply #32 on: Feb 29, 2012, 04:37 PM »
Thanx,much appreciated! Any help on some of the measurements would be great if you can get around to it.

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Mando-Tough - Winner of the Celebration VI pushup competition Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #33 on: Feb 29, 2012, 09:00 PM »
i'm not too interested in putting a template up, as I'd rather see how creative YOU can be rather than try to recreate my pauldron. On top of that, my pauldron is fitted to fit me. It may look alot different on you or anyone else that's not my size. But I can explain my process a bit, so it may give you some ideas.

Like I said, I didn't use any templates or anything. I just got some craft foam and started cutting it to the general shape I wanted the paudron to be and draped it over my shoulder. I did this 4 or 5 times until I got it the size that I wanted. Then used THAT as a template to cut out my vinyl.

After that, I sewed up my edges and traced it onto a big sheet of paper. Then drew where I wanted the armor plates to be on that piece of paper. I cut em out, and used those as templates for the armor that you see on the finished pauldron. The plates were simply hot glued into place and then rivited on permanently.

Pics later tonight.

« Reply #34 on: Feb 29, 2012, 11:09 PM »
i'm not too interested in putting a template up, as I'd rather see how creative YOU can be rather than try to recreate my pauldron. On top of that, my pauldron is fitted to fit me. It may look alot different on you or anyone else that's not my size. But I can explain my process a bit, so it may give you some ideas.

Like I said, I didn't use any templates or anything. I just got some craft foam and started cutting it to the general shape I wanted the paudron to be and draped it over my shoulder. I did this 4 or 5 times until I got it the size that I wanted. Then used THAT as a template to cut out my vinyl.

After that, I sewed up my edges and traced it onto a big sheet of paper. Then drew where I wanted the armor plates to be on that piece of paper. I cut em out, and used those as templates for the armor that you see on the finished pauldron. The plates were simply hot glued into place and then rivited on permanently.

Pics later tonight.
I didn't mean for you to draw up a template just more or less the size of the armor plates. But all that info you have provided is very helpful! If I make a Paldron it will look different anyways since I'm a lefty and will be on my right shoulder. Can't wait for the pics :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!