Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Talos ' soft goods and trinkets

• 23 Replies

Sedavor Til

• The Mando With No Talent, I just Wing It
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Talos ' soft goods and trinkets
« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2012, 12:37 AM »
Wow..those boots look amazing

All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2012, 05:17 AM »
Fancy  ;D , but i'll still be taller than you  :D  ;) .

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Nice ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2012, 01:32 PM »
does Gene Simmons know you got his boots   :laugh: just kidding , those are Awesome !!!  8)  may I ask where did you get them from ?

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Talos Kot

• Cry Havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war !
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #20 on: Jul 14, 2012, 06:40 PM »
Fancy  ;D , but i'll still be taller than you  :D  ;) .

ROFL lol  :D at 5'6" most peeps are taller than me mate   :laugh:

does Gene Simmons know you got his boots   :laugh: just kidding , those are Awesome !!!  8)  may I ask where did you get them from ?

new rock boots from ebay auction ... never seen this blocky sole design/style before on this type of boot , they looked right for my kit . remind me a bit of Durge in style ... trooped in them today actually and they are sooooo much more comfortable than my old boots.

Adenn Karta

• All-Singing, All-Dancing Spikylorian.
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #21 on: Jul 15, 2012, 12:11 AM »
Ha, aye, just saw this thread again, noticed they were new rocks. Still, i spend a lot of my time around people with them. :P Not for me, combat boots all the way, but i know more than enough 5'something peeps rocking 6" high stompy boots.

You've done a really good job covering them up, and aye, that blocky side pattern works really well with this. And yeah, they tend to be really comfortable. they are designed for dancing e.t.c. in all night, so you'd hope they'd be okay for a few hours of walking about ;)

Official #0218
OM date - 20/07/09
« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2021, 07:42 AM »
Hi Talos Kot
I am vertically challenged too and noticed you added height to your boots. What glue did you use to do this as I am looking to do the same.
Thanks
Andy

Talos Kot

• Cry Havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war !
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2021, 08:39 AM »
Hello Andy,
            No glue used, I got the boots on ebay ( used )  Newrocks they just suited the look and added height was a big bonus  :) I removed some of the metal hardware they do the job and are really comfy for trooping in.
You could add height to your existing boots using cobblers sole material and a good chunky sole and heel to finish using a good quality leather glue .... I also did this for my Vader costume.  PM me if I can help

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!