Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Pep Jetpack

• 7 Replies
Pep Jetpack
« on: Jul 19, 2011, 02:08 AM »
Hay guys I've been working on Skips Pep Boba pack I have the main body done and plan to run a couple coats of resign on the outside but i was wondering if you had any idea how to make the inside super strong so it can hold the rocket with such limited access i cant lay fiberglass on the inside

Star-lord

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Pep Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2011, 06:38 PM »
great stuff expanding foam.   id be pretty confident about hot tough the corners are because when it expands and hardens you lose the nice sharp corners if its not strong

id get 2 cans and puncture small holes at different points around the jetpack so you can slide the straw in and spray different spots at different angles

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2011, 06:59 PM »
i cant seem to find it but theres a you tube video where the guy shows how to use resin to reinforce the inside of a halo helmet (i cant seem to find it now) he uses smoothon resin and pours some inside and rotates it until the resin hardens inside you could try that (infact if you did that and the foam it would be pretty tough i bet.

Star-lord

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2011, 12:29 AM »
i know that video haha i dont remember the product BUT if you wanna do the poor man version you can mix up what they call "rondo" its 1 1:1 mix of fiberglass resin and bondo than add a crap ton of catalyst haha  and slush that around the inside haha    it gets pretty damn warm though but sets in about 10 minutes haha

Adenn

• Ours is not to ask why...
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2011, 06:34 PM »
Watch out with the expanding foam... make sure that all the areas you do NOT want the foam are completely sealed up because it will go everywhere. Looking good, keep up the good work!

If you can't laugh at yourself, there are thousands of people that will gladly do it for you.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Watch out with the expanding foam... make sure that all the areas you do NOT want the foam are completely sealed up because it will go everywhere. Looking good, keep up the good work!
And don't use too much at once, expanding foam... expands!
Seriously though, a lot of people underestimate just how much volume it will end up filling and have busted things open as a result.
Would hate to see your hard work go to waste.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Adenn

• Ours is not to ask why...
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2011, 03:00 PM »
And don't use too much at once, expanding foam... expands!
Seriously though, a lot of people underestimate just how much volume it will end up filling and have busted things open as a result.

Vor'e Thaxos, I spaced and forgot to mention that... it is pretty funny to watch when done intentionally  ;D

If you can't laugh at yourself, there are thousands of people that will gladly do it for you.

twistedxknights

• A.K.A. Thomar Ca Verd
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2011, 04:46 PM »
actually you should be able to cut a access panel into the panel that faces your back once the resin is dried and then resin the inside of the jetpack..

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!