Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ijaat's jet pack W.I.P.

• 33 Replies

Ijaat Meerel

Re: Ijaat's jet pack W.I.P.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:33 PM »
vor'e....its amazing how the chain of inspiration works isn't it...but thanks for the tip about using parts from a model kit cuz ive had an Apache helicopter kit lying  around for a long time and am kicking myself for not thinking of using parts form it sooner.

Eerbes Semaj

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2011, 10:57 PM »
Yeah Bud, inspiration is a great and wonderful bug that just gets into you. Though I am itching to get down to business with some stuff for my armor, but I have to wait for my next pay check to get more supplies. I am glad that the model kit idea helped I had thought about it because lots of sci-fi movies and television shows have utilized it to build ships and weapons in the past and then I was listening to some of the old podcasts and someone had mentioned it there for weapons so hey why not go with what works right. Again I love what you did. Keep up the good work. Buy the way because someone may not have asked how much did this project run you?

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2011, 05:09 PM »
it cost about $20 total....thank god for Goodwill lol

Jango Jet

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Looking real cool!!!!!  8)
great idea  :) Are there any pictures in which you are wearing the jetpack (such as size comparison)? Can I possibly use them on my Gam this idea? (Please excuse me, but English is not my main language)

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung

Fenn Shysa-Build:

Helmet: 60%
Armor: 80%
Softparts: 100%
Weapons: 50%

Nickname: Shiny

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Now that was a creative use of parts!!

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 03:21 PM »
I saw your finished product with you wearing it... and it looks a bit small to me.

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Judge me by my size do you?  :rolleyes:

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 03:47 PM »
Why yes... yes I do.   ;D

If I may quote.... "It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut. "

I know he's approved and all, and the jet pack looks great, but it just doesn't look like it could lift him off the ground. 
:)

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 05:07 PM »
W eare talking European, not African correct?

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 05:42 PM »
For reference:

http://style.org/unladenswallow/

But as we know... it doesn't matter.  Since we are here to talk about jet packs.  And, I still hold to my original statement, it just seems a bit too small.  Not knocking the work or the design as it is very clever and original.  Just seems on the smallish side. 

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 10:24 PM »
yea you have a good point..but since ive made it i think of it as more of a jump pack than a full on jet pack which is why it has the three thrusters which helps give it that quick boost needed to get me off the ground lol

Alundra

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Can you post a picture with you wearing it :D

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 08:55 PM »
wow, just wow. when i seen the first picture i was like this must have been a joke thread. i didnt have the vision for the peice that you did.
I may use a version of this for my son's pack if you dont mind. he has one of those deigo packs sitting around.

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 11:15 PM »
yea no prob ner vod...and honestly when i first bought it i was just sitting there looking at and and was like ok what the shab am i going to do with this piece of Osik but once i started working on it it just sorta built its self lol

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Did the original pack have any electronics?  Cause it would be hilarious to see the thing in it's state now belting out "Backpack, backpack" from the show. :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!