Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ijaat's jet pack W.I.P.

• 33 Replies

Ijaat Meerel

Ijaat's jet pack W.I.P.
« on: Mar 13, 2011, 12:28 PM »
here is a jet pack im working on....i think the base is some Dora the explorer back pack or something but i figured i could mod it into a jet pack here's what I've done so far....let me know what you guys think.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Ijaat's jet pack W.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2011, 01:11 PM »
That requires no modding whatsoever. Leave it as is.

Oh maybe some weathering though.

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2011, 05:19 PM »
That requires no modding whatsoever. Leave it as is.

Oh maybe some weathering though.

Hahahaha... Such a happy pack!

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2011, 06:41 AM »
Is it bad that the first thought I had was "Kill it... burn it with fire!" Anyways besides the hidiously happy face on it, what are the dimentions on it? I serriously can't get past the happy face though, any quality comments I might have will have to wait till that things smug look get removed  :P

Have a good one,
Hagen

Eerbes Semaj

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2011, 12:21 PM »
The happy face is to throw off the victims ;D

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2011, 12:38 PM »
yea i really hate the face too lol. but in answer to your question its size is about 1' tall 3/4' wide and 1/2' deep so its kinda small but the modding will make it a bit bigger

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2011, 04:32 PM »
ok so here it is before paint

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2011, 04:34 PM »
And here it is after paint... let me know what you guys think!!

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2011, 05:11 PM »
need to mod the jet a bit more, still quite recognizable

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Eerbes Semaj

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2011, 05:18 PM »
need to mod the jet a bit more, still quite recognizable

Wow, it has turned out better than I though but to go off of what McCoy said, perhaps cut the canopy section off all together  and fit a piece of Syntra in there and maybe flatten the nose. other than that cut some plastic pieces at random from a model kit that can be put on at random as greeblies to hide the jets form some more.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2011, 09:15 PM »
ya, looks really cool other than that bit

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2011, 02:21 PM »
ok here are some more mods i made based on your comments let me know what you guys think

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2011, 11:51 AM »
That looks really good. Are you going to add more colour to it or just leave it black?

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Vor'e ner vod, but yea ill probably add some green accents to help match my armor

Eerbes Semaj

« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2011, 11:54 PM »
I am really impressed by your creation and knowing what you really built it out of is awesome and gives me insertion tobuild my own.

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:33 PM »
vor'e....its amazing how the chain of inspiration works isn't it...but thanks for the tip about using parts from a model kit cuz ive had an Apache helicopter kit lying  around for a long time and am kicking myself for not thinking of using parts form it sooner.

Eerbes Semaj

« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2011, 10:57 PM »
Yeah Bud, inspiration is a great and wonderful bug that just gets into you. Though I am itching to get down to business with some stuff for my armor, but I have to wait for my next pay check to get more supplies. I am glad that the model kit idea helped I had thought about it because lots of sci-fi movies and television shows have utilized it to build ships and weapons in the past and then I was listening to some of the old podcasts and someone had mentioned it there for weapons so hey why not go with what works right. Again I love what you did. Keep up the good work. Buy the way because someone may not have asked how much did this project run you?

Ijaat Meerel

« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2011, 05:09 PM »
it cost about $20 total....thank god for Goodwill lol

Jango Jet

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Looking real cool!!!!!  8)
great idea  :) Are there any pictures in which you are wearing the jetpack (such as size comparison)? Can I possibly use them on my Gam this idea? (Please excuse me, but English is not my main language)

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung

Fenn Shysa-Build:

Helmet: 60%
Armor: 80%
Softparts: 100%
Weapons: 50%

Nickname: Shiny

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Now that was a creative use of parts!!

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 03:21 PM »
I saw your finished product with you wearing it... and it looks a bit small to me.

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Judge me by my size do you?  :rolleyes:

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 03:47 PM »
Why yes... yes I do.   ;D

If I may quote.... "It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut. "

I know he's approved and all, and the jet pack looks great, but it just doesn't look like it could lift him off the ground. 
:)

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 05:07 PM »
W eare talking European, not African correct?

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 05:42 PM »
For reference:

http://style.org/unladenswallow/

But as we know... it doesn't matter.  Since we are here to talk about jet packs.  And, I still hold to my original statement, it just seems a bit too small.  Not knocking the work or the design as it is very clever and original.  Just seems on the smallish side. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!