Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Are these ok for boots???

• 30 Replies

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
Re: Are these ok for boots???
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2011, 06:22 PM »
I use "goth" style tall boots for my suit, however I only use them to tuck the pants in, not for the looks.  They are hidden from the front by the shin armor (and will be further hidden with clamshell-style shins). 

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg
« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2011, 10:18 PM »
i found these today and im really liking them tell me what you think about them i like the look and i feel like if i did some good ol armor attaching they would lose that look of snow trooper

http://www.heroarmysurplus.com/canadian-military-issue-arctic-mukluks-used-p-1233.html

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2011, 12:12 PM »
i found these today and im really liking them tell me what you think about them i like the look and i feel like if i did some good ol armor attaching they would lose that look of snow trooper

Honestly? They're heavy boots and unless you keep the liners in, the barrel of the boot will droop, even with armour on it. If you were making a winter-armoured mando, then they'd be cool but otherwise I'd probably look elsewhere.

Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Honestly? They're heavy boots and unless you keep the liners in, the barrel of the boot will droop, even with armour on it. If you were making a winter-armoured mando, then they'd be cool but otherwise I'd probably look elsewhere.

thanks for the advice and ya im not making a winter mando so ill take your advice and look on

« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2011, 02:38 PM »
after finally going to ebay i may have found another possible pair these will probably be the ones i go with due to them not being too goth hot topic looking and still having a nice in universe feel and they appear to be easily armored  ;D

« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2011, 02:48 PM »
the first set you posted is what solus used for her newest build

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2011, 03:16 PM »
The first ones are fine if that's what you want. I have seen at least two Mercs with these boots. Paint the plates and they wouldn't be bad. Personally, I think they are too expensive for the look. A tall engineer or riding boot would be more comfortable and would just need some plates to look great. All you really save with these is adding plates to the front. And besides, there will almost always be some goth/vampire/emo kid at the con with the same boots (cuz they are extremely popular due to the cool metal plates).

Now...the last boots you showed are, in my opinion, great looking and I dig the style much better than the Demonia ones. A classic engineer boot with a jump boot toe and nice buckles/straps. Probably a bit cheaper, too. Slap some shin armor on those and you will have some seriously nice and in-universe-looking boots.

I still prefer motorcross boots, myself. But mainly because I like the latches on the sides and teh built-in "armor" on the feet. Definitely not the most comfortable and I really don't recommend them unless you just really like the look (and can find a pair as cheap as I managed to...cheap is good  ;D).

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when
« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2011, 03:28 PM »
Now...the last boots you showed are, in my opinion, great looking and I dig the style much better than the Demonia ones. A classic engineer boot with a jump boot toe and nice buckles/straps. Probably a bit cheaper, too. Slap some shin armor on those and you will have some seriously nice and in-universe-looking boots.

the funny thing is is i found the first ones when looking for something like the last haha, and i feel they look and feel the most swarzy, and yes WAY WAY WAY cheaper im pretty excited about the find especially since they carry them in my size (i wear a fourteen), and thanks for the support and help  ;D, IM stoked about these cetare!!!!!!!!!

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2011, 06:42 PM »
the most recent ones you posted are a much better choice over the others so far

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:29 PM »
the most recent ones you posted are a much better choice over the others so far

Indeed they are thanks for the support

Ven Kyrad

• I'm not mean. I just get paid to do mean things.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Mar 23, 2011, 05:44 AM »
These boots are perfectly acceptable. I have them and I'm official  ;)
There were only $160 with shipping included. No where near as expensive as mentioned.

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2011, 05:47 AM by Solus_Verd » Logged
Cat #353
E.M.T.S #84

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 23, 2011, 09:38 PM »
These boots are perfectly acceptable. I have them and I'm official  ;)
There were only $160 with shipping included. No where near as expensive as mentioned.

well, i could build half of a costume for that much money. so that's pretty damn expensive lol

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 23, 2011, 09:52 PM »
My boots cost 160 and that was at the shop LOL and a size 10 ! That was 2 years ago . Ask me if i would buy these again ?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #28 on: Mar 24, 2011, 03:37 AM »
well, i could build half of a costume for that much money. so that's pretty damn expensive lol

I HAVE built TWO costumes for that, well, mostly.  They're almost done. :)

Mike Ford

• long live the EMPIRE
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Beastmaster Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #29 on: Apr 05, 2011, 09:36 PM »
also look up english riding boots you find they look just like hans or imperial officer boots i had bought some rubber ones and had them shipped to me for 53 dollars us my problem was the calf i have 20 inch calfs so boots are problem area of my mando gear

ID 42518
MMCC 538

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!