Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Haran Dra'kkhen armor

• 24 Replies

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Most Scarred - Official Member with the most weathering.
Haran Dra'kkhen armor
« on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:07 PM »
My verdika's armor will be red and black. Dragon like, the weathering will be with a lot of shades and burn-smoke. Unfortunately, on the overall picture the shades don't appear really as goos as they are, therefore i add one picture of a close up from one chest plate.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Haran Dra'kkhen armor
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:37 AM »
nice  ;)

Star-lord

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2011, 05:32 PM »
it looks gggrrreeeattt! haha

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Looks brilliant , How did you do the dragon sig ???

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Most Scarred - Official Member with the most weathering.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:31 PM »
bah... the dragon is a car sticker that i painted in black... :-\

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2011, 08:11 PM »
LOL I had a car sticker on my first kit , but it didnt look half as good as yours  ;D

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Great job on the weathering!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2011, 01:14 PM »
it looks gggrrreeeattt! haha

I wonder if anyone else caught that... 

Though I do wonder what toy he got when he opened up the box?

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Now, this is the first look at Haran's armor:

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2011, 06:29 PM »
Not too shabby, a couple things though...

1. Raise the backplate up substanially. The U at the top middle of teh backplate should be nearly even with where the neck meets the back.

2. The chest plates need a little more shaping all around to better fit to the body.

3. I would raise the cod plate up a bit. the entire top of it can/should be hidden under the belts and the point on bottom should be level with the groin.

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2011, 06:55 PM »
@ Falin. Thanks for your precious advices, vod!
1) for reshaping the chest plates and making the cod plate higher, it will be quickly done.
2) for the backplate, i have a little technical problem. If i rise the plate, the helmet will touch the flamethrower... Now I have an idea, when i see the rules for armor building, they say that the back have to be covered. Now if i want to keep the plate at this level, and i modify the cape, that the cape start from both shouldern, close to the neck, covering the top of the backplate, then falling on the left side, what do you think about that?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Well, another issue is the backplate shouldnt go down below the belts like that. If you look at Boba and Jango, the backplate actually ends mid lower back, not all the way to the waist. Not sure how the tank is attached (bolted?) but, can you remove it and repostion it lower on the backplate so the plates can be raised?

Mafio

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Jup, the  Backplate should "normaly" nearly connect with the Neckplate  ( If not even fully connected  like Boba).
i can forsee a minor issue with the Gas-Canister  you'd mounted on the Plate. If you raise the Back -  It could bump with the Back of the Helmet when looking upwards.   -You could  get a bigger Cape, that how i solved that issue  ;D

I'am not realy compfortable with the position of the Gas Cannister.    If you intend to get a second One on the other Side of the Plate  its ok.   But even when  the Tank doesn't weight so much  -   your Daughter would't be thankfull after Hours  of wearing some extraweight  one-sided.   It's like carrying a bagpack with a full waterbottle on the left or right Side.   It's mainly annoying  and due the  instinct nature of humans to keep the balance  -  it's also bad for the health of your Spine either.
If you outweight the issue with a 2nd tank - nevermind.  But  if not you better  place it in the middle of the Plate.    Turn it to 90 degrees might also work.

Ok  next topic the Chestplates.    I know, i know    in theory it might be possible for a female  to wear standard issue  chestplates  - but this collides with each  reality over A-cup size.
Look at the pic of the side view   this   Step between neck and chestplates.  Didn't look so well IMHO
It is possible for you, to reshape the Plates  by  make some angled cuts  on the sides of the plate and seal those angles by  bending togehter.   BUT you should first try  with a neutral Plate of the same material  or a Cardboardmodell  - same sizes of course.    If you found the right Cut angles   you should be carefull when adapting  it  to the  final plates.  You wont lose your awesome paintjob.  If you use a Heatgun  for bending the Plastic - DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING TOO CLOSE!   A single Hot Airbreath form the Heatgun can cause  major damage to the paint job.   So   its  better to take the time and a longer distant.

hm  but when i rethink the thing with the rebending by angle cutting...  Pheew  -  you will need  anyway  fillermass and sandpaper  to get a smooth  surface...   so you wont  bypass a  fix of the paintjob...  

Ok scrap this idea...     Sollution-suggest  #2    Stick with those Chestplates for now  and stick a note to your freezer; making new&better shaped  Chestplates  in the  future   as  Upgrade option.

Ok next Issue
The Flight Suit:  mainly  the backside  of the Legparts.
The Problem with most Jumpsuits, Overalls etc.  is, that they  come mostly in a tiny overfewable amount of sizes  and those sizes are without exceptions  designed for Man.  So its mostly to tall or to big or to small at some body parts.
 In  this Case  the  Cloth is just to floppy  at the sheb area.  So some solving ideas  that shot threw my mind right now  would either be  - to sew the legs tighter  or to cover the area with a Kama.    
For a Kama i would use the same material you'd used for the vest  to underline the flamethrower-topic.   A heavy fireproove Cloth, you know?

Hm, when i look at the Cod   it  could be bit  more  upwards...  
Would it may be possible  to get the cod just some few centimeters UNDER the Belt?

Ok this might look like  alot of work  but  in the end its just  details  you would properbly seen by yourself.  
I like the kit so far.   :)

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2011, 07:17 PM by Jaro Krieg » Logged

K'ael, Orade

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Not too shabby, a couple things though...

1. Raise the backplate up substanially. The U at the top middle of teh backplate should be nearly even with where the neck meets the back.

2. The chest plates need a little more shaping all around to better fit to the body.

3. I would raise the cod plate up a bit. the entire top of it can/should be hidden under the belts and the point on bottom should be level with the groin.

I agree with My Vode here. Im liking the gear, have never really been a big fan of red on black but youve made it work well. an idea on your chest plates and cod piece from me I would suggest for your cod peice, need to rai it up like Falin has stated, I do however think the piece will still fall a little long on you from the photo. If that is the case heat the bottom inside lip and cup it under or give it a curved surface just a bit back. that way it will roll under a little for you and wont show as much flapping when you walk.

your chest plates i see in your photo youve curved them a good bit but they seem a little big on your outer sides, i would say to trim them down maybe half an inch on those sides but youve already painted which can be worked with, just have to be more meticulous with it and be careful not to mess your paint up. try to heat the inside wear two shirts if its too hot and press your plates to your chest itself look in a mirror at the curve you will need to get the perfect fit for you.and then while its still warm start to mold in circular motion starting at the most extream areas you need molded then apply little heat as necessary and continue to mold. that is how I got my plates molded. I think if you do this you can get the plates set to your body and get the best results for you and your gear.

"Pachu Pachu, gotcha." - Yavin 4 tower watch.
« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Codpiece under the belt means that you can't sit or at least not comfortably. Not an option on a ten hours troop. Before that, shave off the exess-material.

The thigh plate's strapping seems to go over the covereal. There is a CRL-amendment that says it has to behidden underneath a Kama or pulled through slits in the coverall if it is elastic material.

The backplate's lower part will stick out once Haran's back isn't straight but round while bending or kneeling. That's why it should end over the belt line. The surplus material is the open area under the neck. When you reposition the "fuel"-container, think of how you can mount it quickly if you want to relax or sit in a car.

Those clasp for example wouldn't mind to be visible: http://cgi.ebay.de/Klickverschluss-gebogen-Alu-25-mm-f-Hundehalsband-/170545438098?pt=de_haus_garten_tierbedarf_hunde&hash=item27b54cdd92

Another minor thing, when you work on the fixing at the shoulders: The shoulder bells could move a little more outside and forwards. The sash looks a bit too thick for my comefort, if it's wrapped in multiple rounds, one less could smoothen the appearance... matter of taste.

All in all, I really like this kit, While red-and-black is a very common color combo, you created a nice balance of standard parts and very unique elements that is very recognizable.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2011, 01:57 PM »
Vode! Thanks for all your comments and help. Like you, I watched carefully at the pictures, and read all of your precious comments. Today we had an action plan with verd'ika, and we worked a lot. Sometimes fixing an issue before to read it here:

- the cod piece is lifted and re-sized shorter.
- the chest plates are re-shaped and re-sized
- the backplate is lifted up
- the cape is modified
- a 2 piece of leather kama hide the back of the legs
- the shouldern plates are forwarded and put a little down
- there is a new sash, smaller and in black leather

Hard work, now it's too late for pictures, see you tomorrow!

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2011, 04:05 AM »
Greatest pride for a mando buir! Looking at his verd'ika building her armor and to help her.

« Reply #17 on: Apr 24, 2011, 05:29 AM »
Oya, Haran! This is going to be a role-model verd'ika armor   :D

Haran Dra'kkhen

• Ride The Dragon
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Apr 24, 2011, 07:33 AM »
Ohh yeah Hard work but I love that !!! That's the best Moment, and with my Buir that's very very perfect :-D

Born by flames and will die by the flames thrower

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
« Reply #19 on: Apr 24, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Today's pictures of the modified Dra'kkhen:

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2011, 08:26 AM by A'den Shash » Logged
« Reply #20 on: Apr 24, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Nice new idea for a kama!

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 24, 2011, 09:15 AM »
Really good , Like Tomoe Im loving the kama design too . Good job  ;)

Mafio

« Reply #22 on: Apr 24, 2011, 09:26 AM »
i would even  extend the kama with  2  stripes  left and right    to  cover the sides  of the hips/legs  and got more  cloth  that  flutters  awesomely in the wind.  ;D

Most issued are solved   thats good.

But I'm still not  amused  about  the  one sided  Gas kannister.    ;D

« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2011, 04:10 PM »
No worries, modify as you troop and fix whatever feels uncomfortable or turns out impracticable.

CONGRATS to the approval and welcome to Jai'galaar aliit, I'm happy to have you with us!

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2011, 05:13 PM »
I agree with Tomoe, we'll details after her first trooping and battle. Comfort will dictate what is best to do... In the beginning I was for no gas tank at all, because the thrower has already its small reserve on the gauntlet! But it was her concept and i respect it! As i sayd, after one day trooping we will see!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!